Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-19-2005, 01:01 PM   #1
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Noob like rant!!one

I was going to purchace the spl kts c/o's today but then came across some zeal B2 c/o's for $400. The guy selling them said that two are going or about to go. So I figure $400 for coils, $400 for rebuild, $100 or something for shipping, and another $100 incase ish needs to be replaced. So the price is pretty much the same for the kts'. Just wondering if you all thought it would be worth it for the semi-outdated zeals or just grab the kts'?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah, I saw those on CL. I was thinking about it, but damn. $400for coils and probably $400+shipping to rebuild...
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
no sense you save a couple hundred to rebuild used coilovers imo

you can always find used coilovers for 800 or around there, better to buy something used that works versus something used you have to fix

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #4
BobbyBoy
Zilvia Junkie

BobbyBoy is making a name for him/her selfBobbyBoy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to BobbyBoy
Sounds like a pain in the ass for used parts. But if you feel used Zeal > New KTS then jump on it.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:20 PM   #5
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Get the KTS or buy my used Teins. You practically bought the whole car almost.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I guess the cheap price lulled me into wanting them. I better go ahead and hop on the kts' before the exchange rate goes up.
Var: I should've bought the whole thing. I still want you sways, lsd, roll cage. And probably more that I can't remember now. Damn I need more money.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:11 PM   #7
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
roll cage and sways are already gone.

Get the KTS
Old 07-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #8
Mervyn
Zilvia Member

Mervyn is a well-known jackass
isnt that a little too much?
Mervyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #9
Giant Robot
Leaky Injector

Giant Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
your thinking is wrong....it will cost a lil more than that to rebuild/ship the Zeals, not to mention waiting...
get the KTS, they are readily available and that way you'll have FOUR new coilovers, instead of 2 REBUILT and 2 USED, meh...
Giant Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 PM   #10
Var
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Robot
your thinking is wrong....it will cost a lil more than that to rebuild/ship the Zeals, not to mention waiting...
get the KTS, they are readily available and that way you'll have FOUR new coilovers, instead of 2 REBUILT and 2 USED, meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAR
I better go ahead and hop on the kts' before the exchange rate goes up.

READ READ READ
Old 07-19-2005, 11:46 PM   #11
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
$400 to rebuild Zeals?

Even if theyr'e not grey-market, I think its still a bit more than that... and if they are grey-market, then forget the whole idea.

Get KTS.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:51 PM   #12
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
It was just a random estimate, didn't meant for it to be written in stone.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:45 AM   #13
!Zar!
Post Whore!

I had gotten the estimate from endless where it stated that it would be $100 per corner for rebuild. But it could cost more if they where in need of extra parts or grey market. On another note hopefully my kts coils will be in, in a few weeks.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:16 AM   #14
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
SPL ships fairly quickly.
my buddy got his kts's in 4 days.
raen419 is offline   Reply With Quote