Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #61
markr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
markr can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
well i paid him for 5 sets of fender flares and couldnt get in contact with him, over a week had passed without any contact, but then, i chatted to him on AIM.. he sorted tracking out and was more than helpful with future orders etc... he is really busy with school, so best way is phone him or AIM now...

just a bad time i think, dont forget people have other lifes than on the forum, give him a chance im sure he sort everything people

cheers mike!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #62
chris300zr
Zilvia Junkie

chris300zr is on the path to ruinchris300zr is on the path to ruin
calling mike is the best way to get in touch.

I ordered a GP sports Gfour authentic s14 kouki front and s13 coupe sides and rear from him w/ 50mm rear overs.

He was very honest about waiting time and I think cut me a really good deal. He goes to school full-time and runs a business, so before you flame the guy think about that. Im still waiting for my parts, and he told me yesterday he would call me monday with a update.

Ill update this post when I hear more from him. good guy in my book.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #63
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
got 2 pairs of fender flares from him, called him to let him know i was on the way (hour and 1/2 in advance) got there, and he didnt even have the fender flares..he had to go to his house to pick them up (waited at the shop for an hour) when he got back...they werent even the ones pictured

was treated like some "stranger" even after how long ive known him and all the people ive referred to him

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 06-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #64
Howard92884
Zilvia Addict

Howard92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard92884
He finished paying me the rest of my refund yesterday. I was told he was having personal problems, I don't know but it seems to me like he is trying to turn things around and make good on his deals.

Chris
Old 06-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #65
chris300zr
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard92884 View Post
He finished paying me the rest of my refund yesterday. I was told he was having personal problems, I don't know but it seems to me like he is trying to turn things around and make good on his deals.

Chris
how long did it take him to pay you your refund? He is supposed to be sending me a "company check" so I'd like to see how long it will take.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #66
chris300zr
Zilvia Junkie

thanks for getting back with me Howard, im still waiting for my parts and starting to think I made a mistake. If he does come through, I hope that I will be the last person this happens to.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #67
2fourDsx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice2fourDsx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good buyer too! I sold Mike my kouki sideskirts and he came and picked them up from San Diego. Another piece of my totaled car lives on... ha!

-2fourDsx
Old 07-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #68
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
why is he buying skirts when he owes me money
Old 07-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #69
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
why is he buying skirts when he owes me money
wow.........
Old 07-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #70
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Thanks Mike for helping me out
Old 08-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #71
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
i only have good memory of doing business with him.

specially megan stuff..

never had him work on my car

but he gave me good price on stuff... i needed
Old 08-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #72
BrokenWhite240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
BrokenWhite240 is on the path to ruinBrokenWhite240 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
widegts

Hopefully things will go through please delete.

Team Prettyboys

Last edited by BrokenWhite240; 08-13-2008 at 01:17 PM..
Old 08-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #73
the1nonlyljon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
the1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to allthe1nonlyljon is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to the1nonlyljon
it took me awhile to write this review since i got my kit a long time ago but i promised mike i would write him one. right from the start mike helped me out by hooking me up with a good price on a full vertex style kit shipped. So, if you guys want a good deal on all kinds of parts Mike is willing to help you guys out. Sometimes, he is a bit hard to get a hold of but the guy is a full time student and worker so i dont blame him so much. Only tips i have is either get him on aim or give him a direct call those two are the best ways. The kit did take longer than I expected to get to my door. Mike said he had the kit in stock and would be able to ship same week but i waited probably almost a month. So thats the only complaint I have but all in all Mike is a legit and good guy and if your patient hell give you good quality parts and for a really good price.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #74
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
Have not bought anything from Mike but ive talked to him couple of times regarding some help for a few things. He has offered help and support without really knowing me personally. Very helpful guy easy to work with.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #75
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
i would not do business with mike again, and would not recommend him to anyone

i know most of you guys are lazy so here is the cliffnotes only review:

had a written invoice

car was due on the 15th of august

received the car on sept 5th

the list of things to be completed on the invoice were not finished

for the most part the things that were completed were horrible

paint is bubbling now, and is flaking off.

Last edited by coreansurfer; 09-29-2008 at 09:34 PM..
Old 09-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #76
mbvigil
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mike is a doctor at body work. I dropped off my car with smashed rear quarterpanel everything was jacked pretty bad. Within the time he said he'd fix it, it was done very professionally and looks better than it did before I crashed. I highly reccomend Mike for any paint / body work, and I will definetely take my cars there. thanks again Mike
Old 09-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #77
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvigil View Post
yeah Mike did a great job i couldn't believe how good it looks. the paint should be done again by tomorrow
Post some mother fucking pics! before and after please!!!

And as for my review of Mike and Import Magic:

He is absolutely the nicest, most respectful guy I have ever talked to regarding a product(s) and has the craziest hook ups for a body kit.
He went out of his way to get almost everything cosmetic I needed to build my dream 180sx (just missing some wings and lights is all)
However, it is true he's taking fooooooorever to get stuff to me here in Canada. But I got him right at a bad time when he bit off more than he could chew regarding bodywork and paint, which I understand so its forgivable.

The production triangle goes, quality, price, and time. He certainly has quality and price going for him. Time is something he was lacking, but is working on it though.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #78
serris
Leaky Injector

serris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud of
Very, VERY bad review coming...

So, after talking with Mike and hearing the good(and bad) things about him, I decided to give him a shot.

I picked up a Urethane lip kit for my 350z.

Without it even being test fitted, Mike had already quoted me at $250.

That included all prep, installation, and paint.

I dropped off the car and lip kit at Mike's shop on September 15, 2008(Monday) and was told it would be ready for pick-up on the 17th(Wednesday).

The following day, I was told via AIM that fitment on the sideskirts was off and needed to be trimmed. Without my approval, he had already trimmed the sideskirts.

Rather than asking me if I wanted to just return the kit and buy another one, he took it upon himself to trim it and make it fit.

He showed me how the fitment WAS, then showed me how it fits now.(No approval on my end)

Then, he reassured me he'd make it fit/mold it, etc.

He then made a new invoice which was now at $730.69. A $480 price hike from the original quote.

The invoice included:

"Front lip brackets for stability.

Rear lip brackets for stability.

Sideskirts, cut, fiberglass, and re-shape - 3 hours each.

4040 epoxy will be used to stabilize the sideskirt to vehicle.

Sideskirt may be removed if needed.

Work completed will not affect the fitment of OEM sideskirt."

I agreed, trusting him with my Z, that he would do his best possible work.

Wednesday comes, my car isn't ready.

He said he had food poisoning.

People get sick, that's life. I understood, and was told my car would be ready by Friday/Saturday 9/19 - 9/20.

Thursday, he told me via AIM he was stuck doing homework.

Still reassured my car would be ready by Friday/Saturday.

Again, start playing the waiting game.

I never rushed him. If anything, I thought if it took him a few more days to complete my car, it would give him a chance to do even better work. Great opportunity to take his time and make sure everything is good to go.

Friday comes, my car isn't ready.

Mike tells me I can come by and check out the progress.

I head over on Saturday 9/20 expecting my car to be in the final stages nearing completion.

When I arrive(around noon), my car was the same as when I saw it on Tuesday 9/18.

The sideskirts were still black, not prepped.

Nothing else had been done to my car.

I could tell the rear hadn't even been fitted on because my stock mud-guarts/valances were still in place. These NEED to be removed in order to install the rear lip.

The sideskirt had been dremmeled where it meets the door jamb, thus scratching the paint off at the corner.

Also, Mike attended a track event that same Saturday. He never once mentioned this to me.

What's he doing at a track event when my car needs to be completed? I am paying for this after all, aren't I?

Mad at the fact that my car wasn't even near completion, I play the waiting game once again.

On Monday, I ask him if I ever needed to go back to stock, if there would be any problems. (started off by asking if he really needed to use the screws)

Monday, September 22, 2008

ii quinn (12:25:46 PM): yes of course

ii quinn (12:38:25 PM): but it wont be noticeable

rubicant1979 (12:38:26 PM): So, would I be able to get back to stock without any holes showing?

rubicant1979 (12:38:29 PM): I see.

ii quinn (12:38:41 PM): yup

ii quinn (12:38:48 PM): after u take off the lips, u can still sell

ii quinn (12:38:51 PM): so i made sure of it

rubicant1979 (12:38:58 PM): Cool

ii quinn (12:39:00 PM): so ur not stuck w/ holes and cant sell the car if needed

ii quinn (12:42:24 PM): ya, trust me, most places wouldnt even care about u like that... they will do the job, make it look bomb, when u say... ok mike take it off... theyw ill be like, i cant!

rubicant1979 (12:47:53 PM): hah

ii quinn (12:48:14 PM): im serious man, ur car is safe inside the shop right now and over the weekend

ii quinn (12:48:22 PM): O O O O

ii quinn (12:48:29 PM): ur car is super super super super low

ii quinn (12:48:36 PM): hehe

ii quinn (12:48:46 PM): looks hard tho

rubicant1979 (12:48:51 PM): Yeah, I will definitely have to raise it a bit.

Okay, I'm relieved.

I talk to him on Wednesday to see what progress has been done.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

rubicant1979 (1:08:13 PM): Hey Mike

rubicant1979 (1:08:22 PM): Got any pictures of the progress?

ii quinn (1:08:48 PM): yup hold

rubicant1979 (1:08:57 PM): Cool

ii quinn (1:11:24 PM): youll have to raise the car tonight, so i can finish the car, the jack does not go under the car at all

ii quinn (1:11:47 PM): i have to shoo tthe sides on the car, since we had to make sure it fits the way it fits right now

ii quinn (1:11:58 PM): let me show u how low the car is right now

rubicant1979 (1:12:35 PM): I see.

ii quinn (1:12:40 PM): if u cant raise it, its ok, i can make it work, it would be just a bit easier

ii quinn (1:12:49 PM): for me at least haha, if not, let me know, so ill jackstand the car haha

rubicant1979 (1:12:52 PM): Can't just drive up on a block of wood or something then jack it up?

ii quinn (1:13:00 PM): ya thats what i mean

rubicant1979 (1:13:34 PM): I think I have an idea of how low it is. I came by last Saturday to check it out.

ii quinn (1:13:40 PM): i test drove it around the complex, if i paint the sides now, ill scrape the under part of the sides all the time

ii quinn (1:13:45 PM): yup, see what i mean

ii quinn (1:13:47 PM): haha

rubicant1979 (1:13:49 PM): Yeah

ii quinn (1:13:57 PM): prettttty damn low!

ii quinn (1:14:09 PM): looks so sick tho... but to low i think

rubicant1979 (1:14:09 PM): Yeah it is. When do you think it'll be done?

rubicant1979 (1:14:12 PM): Yeah

ii quinn (1:14:40 PM): if u approve of me just doing it that way, on jackstands, picki t up tomorrow after work

ii quinn (1:14:48 PM): before the sun goes down, so u can see how the paint matches.

rubicant1979 (1:15:49 PM): That's impossible for me unless I get off work 2-3 hours early, heh

ii quinn (1:15:54 PM): IMG_2214.JPG

rubicant1979 (1:15:55 PM): Working in Burbank

ii quinn (1:16:03 PM): o ya

ii quinn (1:16:18 PM): fuck it, ok, get it after work, itll match haha

rubicant1979 (1:16:24 PM): Can't take it off the car to paint?

ii quinn signed off at 1:18:24 PM

ii quinn signed on at 1:28:57 PM

ii quinn (1:31:29 PM): I had to use 4040, which is a super strong epoxy, to ensure fitment, quality, without having to mold the sides to the car.

ii quinn (1:32:35 PM): computer died

ii quinn (1:32:41 PM): stupid laptop

rubicant1979 (1:32:45 PM): Oh, so you did that after you test fitted them with the screws?

rubicant1979 (1:32:46 PM): Oh, I see.

ii quinn (1:32:49 PM): yup

rubicant1979 (1:33:19 PM): So, it safe to take the kit off in the future if I sell the car?

rubicant1979 (1:33:30 PM): it"s*

ii quinn signed off at 1:35:28 PM

ii quinn signed on at 1:44:18 PM

ii quinn (1:45:50 PM): k back, stupid comp turned off again

rubicant1979 (1:45:59 PM): np man

ii quinn (1:46:01 PM): gay ass shit

rubicant1979 (1:46:10 PM): I can probably fix it.

ii quinn (1:46:11 PM): but ya man, ok then come by after work, what time can u be here tomorrow ?

ii quinn (1:46:15 PM): cool cool

rubicant1979 (1:46:37 PM): I'm not sure. Maybe around 8 give or take half an hour.

rubicant1979 (1:46:44 PM): That's the earliest.

ii quinn (1:47:19 PM): wow

ii quinn (1:47:21 PM): haha

rubicant1979 (1:47:22 PM): I'll let you know for sure in a couple hours.

ii quinn (1:47:29 PM): ok cool, let me know

rubicant1979 (1:49:10 PM): Alright

ii quinn signed off at 3:25:25 PM

ii quinn signed on at 4:01:06 PM

ii quinn signed off at 4:29:35 PM

ii quinn signed on at 4:33:18 PM

ii quinn signed off at 4:53:35 PM

ii quinn signed on at 4:56:02 PM

rubicant1979 (4:57:25 PM): I can't make it until 7:30 the earliest tomorrow.

ii quinn (4:57:57 PM): ok

ii quinn (4:58:00 PM): thanks for the heads up

ii quinn (4:58:11 PM): if i lag, internet been trippn and comp been shuttn down

rubicant1979 (4:58:21 PM): Alright.

rubicant1979 (4:58:37 PM): I forgot, did you say the car will be done by tomorrow?

ii quinn (5:00:58 PM): haha, ya i said im shootn for it for tomorrow, right now im at the shop preppn and getn things ready so ya, worse case is tomorrow i have to buff

ii quinn signed off at 5:05:57 PM

ii quinn signed on at 5:25:16 PM

rubicant1979 (5:47:05 PM): Alright

ii quinn (6:02:51 PM): man, ur still at work

ii quinn (6:02:54 PM): just like me!!!

rubicant1979 (6:03:22 PM): hah, I've stayed till 9:30 before.

rubicant1979 (6:03:24 PM): For a week.

ii quinn (6:03:26 PM): haha

ii quinn (6:03:34 PM): tight tight, we gotta do what we gotta do right

ii quinn (6:03:43 PM): i have and will be here in and out til about 3am today

rubicant1979 (6:03:45 PM): Yeah, gotta make ends meet.

ii quinn (6:03:49 PM): to finish paintin ur stuff, and others stuff

rubicant1979 (6:03:49 PM): Damn

ii quinn (6:03:52 PM): EXACTLY!

ii quinn (6:03:55 PM): husslers haha

rubicant1979 (6:04:22 PM): You live close to the shop?

ii quinn (6:04:49 PM): ya, thats why i am doing all this upgrades and trying to take carew of my customers... who can say, he lives and works close

ii quinn (6:04:50 PM): haha

ii quinn (6:04:54 PM): i can ride a bike

ii quinn (6:04:55 PM): haha

rubicant1979 (6:04:58 PM): Nice

rubicant1979 (6:26:26 PM): Alright, see you tomorrow. Finally heading home.

Not even done yet...

Okay, I was now promised my car would be ready on Thursday 9/25.

Spoke to him Thursday morning.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

ii quinn (10:02:55 AM): good morning

rubicant1979 (10:16:56 AM): Morning Mike

rubicant1979 (10:17:03 AM): Did you end up staying really late?

ii quinn (10:17:19 AM): ya 2am, to finish a camry, then decided, ill sleep so i can be here early to do up your car

ii quinn (10:17:24 AM): instead of doing your car while im super tired

ii quinn (10:17:47 AM): in my line of work, fuck ups in paint is not acceptable since it takes a lot of work to fix after haha

ii quinn (10:18:10 AM): so ya, right now im finish up the side skirts paint and the front, so i can slap the kit by 2pm

ii quinn (10:18:11 AM): -=o)

ii quinn (10:18:18 AM): ill show u pics, to entertain u

ii quinn (10:18:30 AM): so u can be working and think, 'YES! my cars done!"

rubicant1979 (10:18:47 AM): Cool man

rubicant1979 (10:18:51 AM): I really miss my car, hah

ii quinn (10:18:54 AM): haha

ii quinn (10:18:58 AM): its in good hands -=o)

ii quinn (10:19:13 AM): when i see u later, ull see it

rubicant1979 (10:19:14 AM): Cool, I like to hear that

rubicant1979 (10:19:19 AM): Alright

ii quinn (10:19:26 AM): i take care of it, as it was mine, and if you saw my s14, its nice and clean

rubicant1979 (10:19:35 AM): Yup

ii quinn signed off at 12:10:20 PM

Not done yet, huh?

I spoke to him on Friday...

Friday, September 26, 2008

ii quinn (12:41:43 PM): you what time u gettn out of work today!

rubicant1979 (12:42:28 PM): I have no idea man. It gets crazy here sometimes.

ii quinn (12:42:34 PM): hehe

ii quinn (12:42:36 PM): i can tell

rubicant1979 (12:42:36 PM): Gonna try for 6.

rubicant1979 (12:42:49 PM): Get to your shop by 7:30-8

ii quinn (12:42:52 PM): well car looks good, brb, going to install this junk, ur lips

rubicant1979 (12:42:59 PM): Cool

ii quinn signed off at 1:27:47 PM

ii quinn signed on at 2:21:18 PM

ii quinn signed off at 3:11:13 PM

ii quinn signed on at 4:10:16 PM

ii quinn (5:29:16 PM): hows work going foolio

rubicant1979 (5:54:42 PM): I passed my Microsoft test this morning. I think I am leaving at 6

rubicant1979 (6:00:53 PM): Yeah, leaving now.

rubicant1979 (6:01:02 PM): See you at the shop around 7:30 or 8.

My friend gives me a ride to his shop on Friday 9/26 at 8:30pm.

Mike's shop is closed up, and he's no where to be found.

My car was also locked inside, so I couldn't even see what had been done.

After several phone calls, it turns out he's at the airport picking somebody up.

Mike let me know he would be leaving from the airport around 10pm and will be there as soon as he possibly can.

A few phone calls later, it turns out it hadn't even been sprayed yet.

Did I hear correctly?

I've been waiting 1 week, 4 days, and it's not even sprayed yet?

GREAT.

I'm seriously pissed at this point.

He tells me he'll be at the shop by midnight and to come check out the car if i'd like.

I stay up until midnight, drive over...again...he's not there.

Speak with him over the phone one more time, he tells me the car will be ready for pick up before 10am.

I call him on Saturday 9/27 at 9am, my car isn't ready.

Apparently, he was just about to clear it and let it sit under the heat lamps to speed up the curing process. "Come by and pick it up later tonight around 7-8pm" is what I'm told.

My friend gives me a ride over to FINALLY pick up my car from his shop.

Still thinking, "It took him 12 days to complete this, maybe it's because he took his time on it to make sure everything was just right."

So totally wrong.

My car was filthy. Not to mention it was completely covered in overspray even though I was told the kit would be painted OFF the car.

The first thing I noticed, orange peel, and lots of it.

Second thing, wasn't I told there would be brackets made for stability?

The entire kit was drilled onto the car using wood/sheet metal screws and double sided tape(that was already included when I first purchased the kit.

After the car was rolled out of the shop, he pressure washed it.

What's this?

Flaking paint already?

This happened as he was pressure washing it.

I don't see any special brackets?

Look clearly by the lower right corner of the license plate.

Why is it wavy like that?

Apparently, he drilled the kit onto the bumper, then bondo'd over the holes.

Wait, DRILLED into my bumpers?

What about going back to stock?

I was clearly told going back to stock wouldn't be a problem.

That's a MAJOR problem.

The sideskirts being DRILLED into my chassis makes that a problem.

The front lip being DRILLED into my bumpers makes that a problem.

Wait, why is my body line off?

When I picked up my car, I was told he had to raise the door a little bit for clearance on the sideskirt.

Something I NEVER approved of.

Wait, what's this?

Is that a fucking dent on my door?

I clearly remember bringing in my car WITHOUT a dent on my door.

It seems as if the door was dropped. Not only is dented, the paint is cracked right down the middle.

I don't see how this is oem fitment.

What's this?

My friend witnessed me barely scrape

It literally peeled right off. Shit, rattle can withstands more than this garbage.

Why is there a scratch where my door meets the fender? (You can see it along the word U-Haul)

I CLEARLY remember dropping off my car, unmolested.(I have never removed any body part on my Z.

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I get...
Old 09-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #79
serris
Leaky Injector

serris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud ofserris has much to be proud of
Did I forget to mention the whole car was covered in clear coat over spray? How hard is it to mask a whole car? I also have a pic of my rear tire partially covered in clear coat. Will upload later.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #80
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
this is the kind of shit mike does, totally fucked up.

i can't even leave a trader rating because he closed his paint threads.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #81
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
and im still waiting on 1600.00
edit:
1500 becuase i took off 100 since his gun got lost in the mail somewhere
Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #82
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
thats pretty shady shit
Old 09-30-2008, 03:39 AM   #83
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
thats some f*ck up shyt. serris, after reading your post, i was really surprised of the amount of tolerance you had. that was a lot of shyt to put up with for such a fawk up. sorry about your car.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:53 AM   #84
yokotas13
Post Whore!

he ruined two of my cars.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:56 AM   #85
osus14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
osus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
geez, serris, looks like he caused more damage than good. It probably would cost you twice as much to get it back looking like stock again. Good luck on everything. I would just take him to court, and get an estimate from a legit body shop on how much it will cost to fix everything.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #86
serris
Leaky Injector

I'm a very patient person, but believe me, I was stressing out almost the entire time.

If I had screwed someone over, then I wouldn't feel so bad. I'd have deserved this. But as far as I know, I haven't done anyone any harm. I paid good money and waited more than long enough, and I got screwed.

The way things are going (and judging by what happend to yokotas13 and others), this is only the beginning of this nightmare...
Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #87
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Damn Mike I thought you said you changed your ways.

Seriously you should get this taken care of.

Good luck.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #88
1989rps13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (10)
1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1989rps13
damn serris that sucks badly bro. Paying 700$ to get your car back half assed and dinged up and scratches. ugh. Hopefully you get everything resolved i can feel you on the anger ive been through some of that but not with this person your dealing with..
Old 09-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #89
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Yeah, I saw Brian's car in person. It does look pretty horrible. I couldn't believe the quality of work and lack of craftsmanship. A very shady job if you ask me.

I know Mike, he is a cool guy. I just wouldn't take anything there to get worked on, or buy anything from him.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #90
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yeah, my celsior had parts on the kit that were still white, the back edge of my hood was white still, paint instantly chipped a week after when i was washing it, runs everywhere, huge orangepeel, parts of the door jamb had white on my car still etc etc etc
Closed Thread