Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #121
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Wow. I leave this thread for 24 hours and all this craziness happens? Thanks for everyones support and words once again. In no way am I trying to bash this shop or name call or anything like that. If you read my posts, you would know that I made this thread to INFORM people of the work that was done on my car. MINE. Not anyone elses. I could really care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
After all of the drama you have caused, and your approach to the whole situation along with your buddies comments, you really think he would consider giving you a refund? You should have gone to his shop in person and settled your score with him there. NOT on a forum like some highschool kid. A review is one thing, but all the bad mouthing on all of your parts and yes I admit even Otis is uncalled for but what do you expect, this situation shouldnt have gotten to where it is. Sad to say Otis/Rb performance will always have business whether or not its from you and your 5 buddies backing all of your posts. Otis has gone more than out of his way for me plenty of times, along with about 9 other other customers I have sent his way, I have sent Dealer cars from my old nissan dealership there and have gotten compliments from my service manager. The place might not look pretty at times, but there are few shops that look immaculate nowadays, Allthe work I have seen has been excellent. I did not see karls car so I cannot comment but I think there is more to it, than what is being said. Karl my advice is you go see Otis and talk to him in person, and see what you can work out, like a professional and grown ass man that you are or claim to be.
That's fantastic man. I'm really happy Otis hooked you up with a properly running car.

If you actually read the thread, which I assume you didn't, you would know that my car hasn't been running since September. I have tried to handle this through PM's and what not, but I have just been ignored. It is now DECEMBER and this thread has finally surfaced. I contemplated writing this thread for 3 MONTHS. I NEVER wanted to write this thread. I never want to badmouth anyone's shop or anyone's work, but I thought it necessary in this situation. I never told any of my "buddies" to back me up or write in this thread. They have all done it on their own and read the thread and felt sympathy, and thought their input might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
JXN I not trying to cause a big argument with you, Im sure Karl is a cool guy. I am just simply saying things could have been handled better. If he is such a nice guy and just wants to get his car running then he should have gone straight to the source, what is he doing running his mouth in someone elses review thread when really it has nothing to do with his car or his wiring harness, but an alternator and some shipping. I know if this happend to my car, I would be at someones shop trying to work it out. This situation is way beyond dramatic and immature. Things could have been approached better on both of their parts. anyway this is no longer my business and it never was, and I made a mistake posting in here, so I will leave it at that.
Thank you Jackson for that post. I'm blushing. haha.

WISH ONE. Did you ever read the other thread? Like completely? If you do, you will know that I didn't start any kind of shit talking or thread jacking in that thread. It was not my doing, and I did not tell anyone to intervein in that thread. Did you read my post that said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
For any persons in here discussing my car, please refrain. I do not want to start this mess in someone elses thread. I have contacted / PM'ed Steve-O-Laggins who now seems to be in charge of Q&A at RB-Otis Peformance.

socal kouki...I am sorry for this mess in your thread.
I guess not. Mind you it was one of OTIS's workers that started the shit talking...not me. After the incident I have tried to fix the situation. This was my last resort. I don't see how this thread was immature or "highschool" like in any way. Thank you for realizing your mistake in posting in this thread.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 AM   #122
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
YES...Thank you for reminding everyone of that.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 AM   #123
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Is it RB performance or is it Otis performance????

wtf plz somone tell me...and if he has an actual shop now or still does work in his backyard?
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:32 AM   #124
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
Is it RB performance or is it Otis performance????

wtf plz somone tell me...and if he has an actual shop now or still does work in his backyard?
The shop was originally called RB Performance, but he changed it to Otis Performance recently...I believe.

And yes, he does have what you would call a shop.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #125
racerx2k1

Trader Rating: (0)
racerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Merged all 5 threads and temporaly closing until I can clean out the thread.

OK,I just deleted 71 posts. Post reviews only. Any irrevelant posts will be deleted.

Thread reopened.

Last edited by racerx2k1; 12-17-2008 at 05:17 PM..
racerx2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #126
ObleZk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ObleZk will become famous soon enoughObleZk will become famous soon enoughObleZk will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I did business with Otis a while back. he used his Triple A Insurance to tow my car back to my house.(LA - Oceanside) Seems like a nice guy... that was when he was doing it out of his "Backyard" or "garage" if you will... and I will admit the atmosphere wasn't to settling. Others were drinking and being loud and whatnot, which is totally cool if I were to go there and Kick it, but If I was wanting professional work done to my car it just didn't seem like the right place. maybe now that he has an actual shop or something better then the Garage / Back yard things can get done right more often. Not that I wouldn't mind doing business with him again, I just think ill avoid it all together just in case.

But Good luck to Otis getting things back on track or whatever
And Sorry to hear that you're in that messy situation, Karl / SoCal...I probably would have taken similar actions
ObleZk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #127
luckysr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
luckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud ofluckysr has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
man iam hearing two diffrent storys i have talk to otis myself and i have done business with him for awhile now he has never f$%^&# up like that on what you have said on your wire harness and i always take my car to otis for harness wiring and dose and clean job not any half ass job
luckysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:38 AM   #128
OneTekWes
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
OneTekWes is making a name for him/her selfOneTekWes is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB-Performance = Great experience I've been doin business with this guy for about a year now. I'm talking about analyzing the way he does business with me and others and the way he performs technical task. No he's not the best tech but anyone can turn a wrench but from what I've seen Otis is badass with diagnosis and wiring. I was shocked to meet this kid the same age as me with 240 knowledge to rival my own but I am happy with the service and pleased to see that with the new shop things are looking more professional will continue to do business with this guy. Sorry if you had a bad experience with him.
OneTekWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #129
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
Otis Performance - Horrible Experience

I purchased an rb top mount exhaust manifold, and 2 silvia brick headlights off this person. one of the headlights lens is all smashed apart, a good amount of the other headlight is broken (tabs). the exhaust manifold was packaged on top of the headlights with a piece of 1/2 Styrofoam in between them. the exhaust manifold was practically coming out of the top of the box when i received it and the box looks like it was thrown together in 2 minutes. it took him 1 month in total to ship the package, after i had to open a paypal dispute with him. so for i had a horrible experience with this seller. i have yet to look but the manifold i hope isn't messed up too.
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #130
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
otis_perfomance

OK, here's my story.
So way back in may 2008, i was looking for a kaaz diff through ebay.
I see this one ad and see one for a "KAAZ SAN2655WPC 2 WAY LSD DIFFERENTIAL S14 S13 240SX" and has the listing as obo price with free shipping. so i click on it and see that the description saying something like this:
bought this brand new diff and put it into the pumpkin, found my car already had a diff so i'm selling this. never broken in yet....blah blah lbah.
so i'm like sweet deal. i also notice the seller is rb_performance. i knew that he at the time was a well known person on zilvia so i wasn't really worried at all.
BOY WAS I FUCKING WRONG.
flash to today.
my friend steve aka smelly240 calls me to inform while he was switching covers off the diff (which i hadn't opened or put on since then) was actually a welded diff and not even properly welded. pictures will be up soon.
so now i'm fucking pissed off b/c i paid 600 dollars for a p.o.s. "welded" diff.
i should have checked when i got it but i never suspected that someone could be such a scumbag.

otis if you are half a decent person please get back to me. i will kindly take back all my words if this was some sort of mistake.

oh if anyone has his number or something please let me know so i can contact him directly or try to...

Last edited by 99maxgtr; 09-26-2009 at 09:32 PM..
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #131
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
do you have picture of the headlights that you can post I think those headlights might have been someones that I know LOL
Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #132
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
damn im lookin into buyin an rb25...i now kno not to go to this guy

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #133
tpetrucci33
Zilvia Junkie

tpetrucci33 is a well-known jackass
Umm why do you say that?! This is one of the best shops out there!! Got my swap personally done by Otis at RB-Performance. Nothing less than Spectacular is all that needs to be said. If you need any info on him or any of his work myself and many others can vouch for him. His work speaks for itself. One of the most down to earth shops out there today. Its not all about the money to them. Its about the passion they put into their work. Most shops tend to lose that nowadays.
tpetrucci33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #134
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
dude have u read this thread? take about 10 min to read pages 3 and 4

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #135
tpetrucci33
Zilvia Junkie

Yea a shop shouldn't be held responsible for a customers "fuck ups" for lack of a better term. If it even was his fault I know he'd fix it hands down. And we all know time is money. And sometimes you should just leave it up to the pros to deal with. Still the only shop I'd EVER take my car to.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #136
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpetrucci33 View Post
If it even was his fault I know he'd fix it hands down. And we all know time is money.
That's true to a point. I had my Car rewired by him, When I picked it up I asked the Obivious question... Can I hear it start-up and run? Did you start it... the Answer was No.. he gave me a long explaination.. I kinda understood what he said and took the car home (trailered it there and back, Mind you It's a long ass DRIVE one way)... Get it home, the next morning I put fluid in the P.S Pump, like he said to do (one of main reason's he didnt try and start it, and GUESS WHAT.. Nothing... So I called him.. after 5 hours of tring to get ahold of him he finally got back to me.. He said he would fix it for More money.. Now thats down right Jacked up...

Well I had another Fellow Zilvian come to help me out.. The Fuel pump was wired wrong, the car had wires going to the wrong places...

Now I understand that he had alot of car's in his backyard and alot of people will Give him a +1 all the time.. AND when it comes to Buying Pretty awesome parts then I will buy from Otis, But I will never take a car back to him to get Wired or Swapped.

Otis is a very Cool person, and is fun to Shoot the Shit with, But there are some things I would not go back for

Now I do not know how his business is doing now, My car was there when he was working out of his Backyard..

That's MY experience

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #137
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
lol yeah well i guess when it comes it to shipping stuff outside from locals he doesn't mind throwing shit to make some money.
i'm currently trying to get in contact with him.
let's see if he man's up.

i thought it was a bit funny that he never posted up the diff on zilvia and only on ebay. maybe now i know why....so he can't ship some p.o.s and label it and jack up the price.

to any of the people who know where his "shop" is can i get his address? pm me or what not thanks.

also don't you think it's odd that his location in his sig say's ny?
also the website he uses on his ebay account is http://www.rb-performance.co.uk
yeah...that's not fucking shady.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #138
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Umm why do you say that?! This is one of the best shops out there!! Got my swap personally done by Otis at RB-Performance. Nothing less than Spectacular is all that needs to be said. If you need any info on him or any of his work myself and many others can vouch for him. His work speaks for itself. One of the most down to earth shops out there today. Its not all about the money to them. Its about the passion they put into their work. Most shops tend to lose that nowadays.
dude seriously you sound like one of his lackeys.
maybe he will hook up his friends but if you read through this thread there are plenty of people who have been screwed by this guy.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #139
tpetrucci33
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99maxgtr View Post
lol yeah well i guess when it comes it to shipping stuff outside from locals he doesn't mind throwing shit to make some money.
i'm currently trying to get in contact with him.
let's see if he man's up.

i thought it was a bit funny that he never posted up the diff on zilvia and only on ebay. maybe now i know why....so he can't ship some p.o.s and label it and jack up the price.

to any of the people who know where his "shop" is can i get his address? pm me or what not thanks.

also don't you think it's odd that his location in his sig say's ny?
also the website he uses on his ebay account is http://www.rb-performance.co.uk
yeah...that's not fucking shady.
LMAO!! You idiot, thats not his ebay account!! You got that damn diff from somebody else if you bought it from that ebayer! This website RB Performance has nothing to do with RB-Performance.net
Major fail my friend
Old 09-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #140
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
^^ This is True, His Website is www.rb-performance.net

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #141
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
LMAO!! You idiot, thats not his ebay account!! You got that damn diff from somebody else if you bought it from that ebayer! This website RB Performance has nothing to do with RB-Performance.net
Major fail my friend
i said, that he uses this site on his ebay account for reference.
Payment To:
Otis Dixon (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Seller's ID:
rb_performance
Seller's Email:
[email protected]

look up rb_performance on ebay and this is what site it came up with.
i don't know if he changed it since then.
but i am 100% sure i bought it from otis.
i even remember calling him to get a tracking number b/c it was like 2 weeks and nothing.
like i said it's been a while, i had to go through my paypal history and search over a year to find the transaction.
oh genius did you actually try going to the website rb-performance.net?????
it goes to http://stickfigurebooks.com/
so hmmmm i wonder...

if he is so great he'd man up and try to settle this right. instead of getting his "crew" to fight for him.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #142
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

of course no pick up or answers, texted and left vm's.
i hope karma get's back at him and he get's shit 10x worse.
scammer's are thieves and any thief deserves punishment.
fuck him, i hope he get's ass raped by a gorilla, and to anyone that is going to back him up you can stop trying to defend someone that screwed over 1 too many people. just b/c he's cool with you doesn't mean he is a legit guy. i can care less he hooked you up blah lbha lbah shit is weak.
so save your comments.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #143
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Oh and you know what's funny about this whole thing is.
I'm the victim here and your the one giving me threats?
Where the fuck do you get off.
Dumb fuck yes let me come to your "hood" and you show me tough guy how you do things.
Here's a deal.
Tell your buddy to pay me the money he owes me and ill buy a ticket over there.
I'm already heated about getting screwed but your really adding fuel to the fire.
God damn you've got some nerve.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #144
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

just an update of what happened.
otis finally text's me back. i tell him what happened. he sounds sympathetic.
he tells me that this happened when rb performance was around and he was not at fault and it was one of his partners. ok so anyways he says that he's willing to pay for half and get the other half from his partner. he asks for the paypal info etc.
today he texts me and says that he saw what i wrote on here.
granted i already told him that i wrote a bad review on the forum and now he wasn't going to help me. big suprise.
oh and icing on the cake.
he tells me not to call or text him anymore otherwise he'll get the cops on me.
LOL i'm done i said have a nice life and that karma is a bitch.
he had his chance to clear his name which i said that i was willing to take everything back and apologize for.

my opinions on him haven't changed. fuck scammers and fuck otis.
peace.