Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Johnny Quest for Boost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Eric climo

A fellow who goes by the name of phatyonjoe and MRfastMR on other sites has a bit of a history of scamming people and going back on deals once their in place. His real name is Eric Climo and he lives in the Pittsburgh PA area.
Currently he is in possession of a white 2003 Evo 8 with 200,000 + miles on it, with a "built" motor. I am warning you now, as a previous owner of this car, AVOID IT and at all costs, avoid Eric Climo.
He was extremely pushy while I was doing my best to work with him, and after the deal, he was extremely insulting and rude.
As part of our deal, he was to send me my old head unit, AutoMeter gauges, and license plate, of which I never received any. Foolishly, I went ahead and mailed him the parts he I told him I would and in return never saw my things again. Upon closer inspection of the car I discovered that the transmission was NOT in fact built by Buscher Racing as he had claimed it was. Eric conveniently forgot the receipts back at home in PA when he came to trade cars with me but swore he would mail them to me. Once home, he refused to sent me the receipts. A call to Buscher revealed that he'd in fact never taken the tranny to them as they had no record of him on file; something they assured me they would have if Eric had ever had work done by them.
The only record I had that the motor was built was a hodgepodge of pictures, that upon closer inspection, I could tell were NOT the same engine, and NOT the one in the car.
I later discovered the ABS was broken, there is SERIOUS rot underneath the car on the passenger side rear above the and around the coil-over, and the car was wrecked on TWO separate occasions.
I could have (and now wish I had) backed out of the trade, but was desperate to get out of my Skyline and he said he was happy to take it. Now I know why.
After normal driving for about 2,000 miles, the motor unglued itself. Eric claims to be a great mechanic who works at Kenny Ross Nissan in Freedom, PA, so this probably shouldn't have happened the way it did.
Eric decided after trading away my old Skyline for a Forester XT + cash, that he wanted his Evo back. I never wanted to deal with him again, but since the car was broken, I decided that I would.
I had the broken Evo trailered to PA, and the Forester home. Eric Climo then claimed he'd forgotten his receipts to the Forester and like before, swore he'd mail them to me. And AGAIN, after the deal was concluded Eric refused to send me those receipts. Because the damage to the motor was more severe than he hoped, he told me that he would be sending me pictures of him running those receipts through a shredder.
Now I get rude texts and calls late at night from this arrogant little jerk.
Eric Climo is about 5'-6", a little heavy around the gut, and dark haired. Do yourself a favor and avoid doing business with this punk and save yourself a boat load of money, and agony. His cars aren't worth your time, frustration, and the money you'll blow keeping them together.

[IMG] IMG_0810 by starscream4icecream, on Flickr[/IMG]
Johnny Quest for Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Since posting what I have above about Eric Climo, I received more text messages from him. Eric stated that the important documents for my car that he has decided to keep for himself include reconstruction inspection paperwork from Subaru, recall completion papers, and others.
What is most concerning is the that Eric Climo told me that he intentionally gave me the incorrect title, and that in time the PA DMV will send the title back saying it's not the current one and my state will void my registration.

When I was doing business with him this last time, he was bragging about how he had opened a lawsuit against another recent person he'd done business with from the forums. I had spoken with yet another person who did business with Eric Climo once, and he had similar stories to tell me; that he was a liar and backed out of their deal once Eric got what he wanted.

Eric has crossed two other people besides me that I know of.
Seriously people, deal with this charlatan at your own risk but you have been warned.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by STR8 H8N; 01-03-2013 at 06:07 AM..
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Mitsuboost30
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Mitsuboost30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow what a POS.

I was going to trade for that evo aswell for my r32.
Im glad i didnt, but im sorry you did!!

Something seemed off when i talked to him. Just didnt feel right.
And he further got pissed when i listed my car and blew up my thread.

what a little scum bag..

Sorry for your loss brotha. im sure he will get his.
Mitsuboost30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
phatyonjoe
Leaky Injector

phatyonjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
before you go feeling bad for this peice of shit.

i have tons of proof of the build of the evo and this guy himself pulled the pan off to verify what was done to the motor.

the motor did not "unglue" itself.....this idiot beat the fuck out of it and ran it low on oil and it starved the head for oil and the cam seized and broke and bent valves. i have many many many pictures to document what happened .

he told me the skyline had original paint , the 1/4's were full of bondo. and the floor was rusted out.....

the evo ran perfect when he got it . it made the 8 hour trip without a issue.

this motherfucker calls me late at night threatning my children and pestering me non stop....

crying about a roof rack .....

I TRYED TO HELP HIM BY GIVING HIM A RUNNING CAR (forester xt)BECAUSE HE GAVE ME A SAD SOBBING STORY ABOUT HOW HE HAS NO MONEY AND CANT GET THE EVO FIXED...... I HAVE MANY WITNESSES AND PEOPLE WHO WENT WITH ME AND WHO KNOW THE WHOLE STORY !!! they will be coming on here to to also explain and straightn this out. anyone who would like to see the conversation of him texting me all night please pm me.....

i do not have a "duplicate" title or key , that was explained to him , all i have is the reciepts for the forester and he WILL not get them until i get my snow tires he was supposed to take off and return to me , but instead he drove on them and had to have one plugged

you john mullins are a peice of shit and as i explained.....i BEG of you to come here and straighten this out. you threatned my children over some fucking reciepts.....you make this out like im the bad guy ....you fucking lied non stop......
phatyonjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
phatyonjoe
Leaky Injector

you wanna fuckin play john? you wanna try to make yourself look like the "victim" thats fine....but im going to show every text message from the very beginning from how we started to right now. and show how you told me the skyline was this amazing car and how you called me in a PANIC BECAUSE YOU RESET THE BOOST CONTROLLER IN THE EVO AND HOW YOU WERE BOOSTING IT IN 5TH GEAR AND HOW YOU COULDNT GET ANYTHING SET BACK UP CORRECTLY .....

YOUR AN IDIOT. YOU HAVE REALLY OUTDONE YOURSELF , I APPLAUD YOU ON MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID AND TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE I FUCKED YOU OVER.....

*snip
Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
phatyonjoe
Leaky Injector

HOW I RECIEVED THE EVO BACK!!! HE SAID OH I THINK ITS THE FUEL PUMP!!

^^^^ OH LOOK THERE IS THE PERFECTLY RUNNING FORESTER IN THE BACK GROUND THAT JOHN IS DRIVING ON WITH MY SNOW TIRES

^^^^ oh and theres the evo that had a "fuelpump" or "electrical" issue according to him......i specifically asked if he looked at the timing belt and he said no . then once the car was here and there were no keys i asked him again and he said yea i seen it...

Old 01-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
phatyonjoe
Leaky Injector

I'll be uploading our whole conversation in screenshots to proove i did nothing wrong to this guy except hold the reciepts for the subaru since he refused to send my snow tires back as he stated he would. He drove on them for over 500 miles and had to plug one . Why do you have to plug a runflat john? You shouldnt have been driving on them in the first place , thats why i gave you second wheels and snow tires.

AND he signed the title for the evo in the wrong spots ON PURPOSE

AND he purposely didnt send the keys to the evo when the car got towed here because he didnt want me to try to start it and "back out on the deal" when i found out the motor was seized and the starter was busted off the tabs.....

hahahahah and im the fucking scammer..... i have u a perfectly running car you jobless prick.....why are you so butthurt ....seriously

your supposed to be a "service man" in the navy but your hopeing that my childs school gets shot up? WHAT KIND OF ADULT ARE YOU? your not!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
phatyonjoe
Leaky Injector

OH MAN ,, LOOK AT THE RUST JUST FALLING OFF THE EVO I SOLD YOU ....ITS AMAZING....LOOK AT ALL THE RUST!!!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
phatyonjoe
Leaky Injector

HERES A PIC OF WHEN I GOT THE GTR AND DROPPED OFF THE EVO I DROVE 8 HOURS IN TO DELIVER

THATS BUTTHURT JOHN IN THE GREY BTW
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
phatyonjoe
Leaky Injector

oh and evo carfax shows no accidents , and the abs works completely fine
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Believe what you want people. Don't do business with me if you choose, but I warn you, avoid Eric Climo. He's a snake and you'll get bit.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

And there is huge amount of rot in one particular place by the rear end/rear passenger coil over.
Just be sure you look before taking ownership of this car. Don't trust Erics pictures.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #14
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

After countless threats today, including several of violence against me directly, I filed a police report against Eric Climo. That's how out of hand he has decided this needs to be.
The police should have contacted Eric by this point, and since I have received no more texts or phone calls, I am guessing they reached him.
This is the first time I have EVER filed a police report.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #15
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
ERIC, AS I STATED ON THE PHONE WITH YOU A SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH FOUND THESE:

HELP! I've been scammed ! His name is Eric Climo - Honda-Tech

SCAMMER ALERT! I need help. Please someone help. - JDM Universe.com

Who is looking for eric climo?

b16a 39k 1400 shipped!!!! *scam*

Eric Climo, PA; Aka Phatyonjoe is a Liar and Theif - AVOID

ERIC CLIMO , PA; Liar and Thief; Avoid doing business with!

Last edited by STR8 H8N; 01-03-2013 at 08:29 AM..
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
greencoupe

Trader Rating: (1)
greencoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greencoupe
I owned the Evo before Eric and I can verify that he lied to Johnny quest about some of the things that were done to it when he sold it to him.
greencoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
greencoupe

greencoupe can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to greencoupe
Although car fax may not show it, it was also deffinitly involved in at least one accident.
greencoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
xnissan240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xnissan240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Scumm, I hope he gets whats coming to him.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #19
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Here, Eric is even bold enough to show the stack of receipts he refuses to give me on the car he traded to me.
He claims I screwed him out of thousands of dollars and snow tires.
For the record, the tires ARE his, and I have never claimed I will keep them from him. All he need do is arrange for their shipping after I receive my paperwork, as that was the agreement upon trade. They are his, and he's welcome to them, but me shipping them back to PA from KY was NOT part of our arrangement.
As far as the thousands of dollars I supposedly cheated him out of... I think he's just angry that he actually had to put money into fixing the Evo after it broke down. But like I told him, if it was something simple to fix and I could have figured it out, I would have kept the car. I'm in insurance sales, not a mechanic, but I'm also not stupid.

ERIC CLIMO , PA; Liar and Thief; Avoid doing business with! - evolutionm.net
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #20
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

This is just ridiculous.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #21
garagespec
Zilvia Junkie

garagespec is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems like a legit seller

How do you get hosed on a car you got to see first? I don't understand.
garagespec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #22
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
sounds like both you guys effed up.

dude has a rep for being a scammer.

you dont know what you traded for.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #23
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagespec View Post
Seems like a legit seller

How do you get hosed on a car you got to see first? I don't understand.
lol I know, right?
I was in a hurry to get things over with and wasn't very smart about it. Just hoping plenty of people learn from my mistake with this guy.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #24
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
dude has a rep for being a scammer.
YES, HE CERTAINLY DOES.
I didn't Google Eric Climo until after our deal, but couldn't believe what all came up once I did. Apparently he has a lot enemies on other forums as well, and it seems like he may actually enjoy for his deals to end up complicated and conclude with him being hated and talked about.
I've come to terms with my dealings. Learn from me and others (check those links!) and just avoid this guy.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #25
garagespec
Zilvia Junkie

garagespec is an unknown quantity at this point
If someone drove from California to trade me a car and it wasn't exactly as described, I'd tell them tough shit. Your first instinct as soon as the smallest thing isn't as described is to automatically think that he's a liar. And he didn't even bring the receipts. There's no way I would've traded.

The whp claim is alarming. Did the equipment you could see justify the Hp claim? These are all things that you have to think about.
garagespec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #26
jamg
Nissanaholic!

jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
exactly... you gotta know what you're buying man.

lesson learn though right?

so youre an insurance guy.. how did you manage to insure and title an illegal car? haha
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #27
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagespec View Post
If someone drove from California to trade me a car and it wasn't exactly as described, I'd tell them tough shit. Your first instinct as soon as the smallest thing isn't as described is to automatically think that he's a liar. And he didn't even bring the receipts. There's no way I would've traded.

The whp claim is alarming. Did the equipment you could see justify the Hp claim? These are all things that you have to think about.
True. It was a quick car, but like I said, I was ready to try an Evo and in a hurry. I know I screwed up dealing with this dude at all. I just didn't know how bad. Even now, after this should all be done, he's still texting me nasty messages talking garbage early in the morning.
In several more unnecessary and unprompted texts I received just a bit ago from Eric after 1:00 AM., he stated that he kept the "married Cobb to my ecu...lol," and that the timing belt he previously claimed was brand new in my Subaru is something I'll "want to get checked out before it lets loose."
More of the same from a real stand up guy.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #28
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
exactly... you gotta know what you're buying man.

lesson learn though right?

so youre an insurance guy.. how did you manage to insure and title an illegal car? haha
LOL That's why that wonderful car is gone! I'll have another one day. And yes, the hard way, I have learned several important lessons from dealing with a snake like this.
1) Google search people
2) Patience when looking for the right car
3) Dont ignore red flags like BS stories about forgetting receipts
4) F'ING GOOGLE SEARCH PEOPLE!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #29
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty sweet looking forester there, hopefully the registration works out lol. Id hate to see it end up in the hands of cleetus.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #30
Johnny Quest for Boost
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
Pretty sweet looking forester there, hopefully the registration works out lol. Id hate to see it end up in the hands of cleetus.
Thanks. It's a pretty decent car. I don't think I have much to worry about in terms of Eric Chlamydia getting her filthy little mitts on it again. Although, in with the texts I received from him earlier tonight, he said that I should not underestimate his gutsiness, and since he decided to keep a key to my car, he's not necessarily above making the trip from Valencia, PA to KY to either get in it to mess with my things or simply steal the whole car.
I can't believe he's telling me these things; knowingly giving me this paper-trail to where if he did actually find the spine to do something illegal, he would instantly be the prime suspect for either breaking and entering, or grand-theft-auto. Stupid, stupid guy...