Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #691
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to status:one
coming along nicely! keep up the good work.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #692
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
U better Tig That Oil Pan =)
Haha I was thinking the same thing, dont wanna have any mig leaks! Mig was done with the best pentration and technique possible...I doubt it will leak...but time will tell! More updates soon guys...motors going in today and tomorrow!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #693
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bohan View Post
hey so uhh... who's doing your vinyl when it's all done?
shameless plug FTW

Car looks awesome. Will be hanging in there for the finished product, good luck with her.

RedStage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #694
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Bling bling!

Thanks for looking! Im shooting for the motor to be in very very soon...watch for it!
first off i have to say this build is still effing awesome, can't wait to see this thing in action.

second, i'm at my parents for the holidays, and was looking at the picture i quoted, and my mother was like "what the hell is that?"

so your build even has an impact on the non nissan enthusiast population as well!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:24 AM   #695
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Alright guys...I would have posted this up a little sooner but I went snowboarding for a few days in colorado but now Im back and can share some progress!

I have the motor, modded subframe, driveshaft, etc installed for good! Pics will follow. Due to the modded motor location, I had to mod the oil pan (see previous posts) and also mod the x-member to accommodate...As a result, the xmember has a pretty small cross-section, but Im not too worried as I completely boxed it in and its pretty rigid, Im certain its as good as stock. I also will be running other bracing on the tension rod brackets so we will see. There is good room between the motor and member too so Im very satisfied, and everything bolted up just how it was suppossed to!! Im now going to begin work on my exhaust manifold and intake manifold so watch out! Here are a few pics:

X-member after paint:

Motor just dropped in:

Pan fitment...its low! Ill be making a skid plate, lol!

More pan fitment

ooooo it fits so good!

Haughtness:
Old 12-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #696
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
i envy you....
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:46 AM   #697
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
which mountain did you snowboard on? ive been on vail, and the black diamonds are stupid hard compared to the bunny slopes of NJ pocones.

again, your welding skillz amaze me everytime you update!
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #698
2bad240
Leaky Injector

2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about
looks sweet, cant wait to see it finished.

i have a holset hy35 with 9cm housing from a 05 dodge diesel truck on my sr.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #699
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silnismo View Post
which mountain did you snowboard on? ive been on vail, and the black diamonds are stupid hard compared to the bunny slopes of NJ pocones.

again, your welding skillz amaze me everytime you update!
I went to Durango which used to be called the purgatory...its only a 3hr drive for me so its def awesome! Im going to Vail or Copper Mountain next weekend! Woo woo!! Thanks for the props too!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #700
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I can't wait to see the manifolds!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #701
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
this is such a sick thread, keep up the good work and good luck to you and your build
alindeman1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #702
sxe
Zilvia Addict

sxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond repute
holy hell!! did you attend any fab school? or what? NICE ASS BUILD!
sxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #703
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Love rb power, nice build +1 for you sir.
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #704
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto

nice jackstand placement (really...wish i could do that, time to tube the front!! lol)
Old 12-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #705
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe

looking at that picture would have porlly made better sense before you painted the car. but there is obviously more room on the right side of the car. should have done a Right Hand Drive Conversion. Could have had better / more Turbo + manifold clearance. and Fabricating a custom intake manifold is always easier anyways. less heat on the BMC and so on. its not too late you should consider it.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #706
nwmrkt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
nwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hmm there are good advatages but imo i would leave it. ^^^
nwmrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #707
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Bardabe, maybe he will run a more forward mount mani like this:
Old 12-30-2007, 10:47 PM   #708
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
Bardabe, maybe he will run a more forward mount mani like this:
oh ha ha yeah that makes sense hm Equal length 180degree twin scroll manifold.... yummmmm didn't think abt that ha ha now im looking forward to seeing how fast that HX35 will spool.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #709
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
oh ha ha yeah that makes sense hm Equal length 180degree twin scroll manifold.... yummmmm didn't think abt that ha ha now im looking forward to seeing how fast that HX35 will spool.
The setup on the KA there is one of the options im considering..the other is a little more secretive Ill post up when I start getting it mocked up...so stay tuned!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #710
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
well now you have room for v-mount, thats pretty much the build i am planning out right now except with an rb26 and an s13, the long journey awaits me
tt99ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #711
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Or a mani like this would be cool:
Old 01-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #712
alexander500
Zilvia Member

alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been watching the build for a while and taking notes. I had some front end damage on my S14 and this weekend I printed the pics from this tread and got cutting
here's what came of it:

Thanks Gavster for the insperation
alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #713
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
gav awesome build thread. i just read the whole thread and now i want more. haha but yeah, i noticed the valve cover is kind of dirty, are you going to polish it or paint it?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #714
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Lookn fwd to the manifolds. Also in the 1st pic you can see an opening from the engine bay into the cabin I think..correct me if I'm wrong but you made a door/plate to cover that?

Great work as said before
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:29 PM   #715
jamlanta
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
jamlanta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
its time for an update!
jamlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #716
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
i agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 01-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #717
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
When you get it "finished" it should somehow all be condensed. That would be so awesome.

Updates, updates!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM   #718
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander500 View Post
blah blah blah
lee man...are you serious?

hook me up with a cage dammit

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #719
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
Read this thread from beginning to end. Definitely one of the best I've come across. I also cannot wait to see it done. Impressive work!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #720
got boost??
Leaky Injector

got boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura about
just read the whole thread. amazing work. i wish i at least had a garage for my car lol
got boost?? is offline   Reply With Quote