Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
kansais13

Trader Rating: (0)
kansais13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA RPM's drop when clutch is in...pls HELP!

Hey everyone, I got this issue with my KA24DE. It seems that everytime i put my clutch in all the way down, the RPM's drop all the way to like 100 to 200 (it all most stalls on me) like when I come to a stop or slow down and ease over speed bumpes and it's engaged all the way, they just drop. The problem happens often but not constantly so im a little confused...please let me know what you think this could be.
kansais13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
nissandr1ft
Zilvia Member

nissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to nissandr1ft
It's a pretty common thing on our cars, if you put an auto ECU in you won't have that problem.
nissandr1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
adjaga500
Leaky Injector

adjaga500 has made poor choicesadjaga500 has made poor choicesadjaga500 has made poor choicesadjaga500 has made poor choicesadjaga500 has made poor choicesadjaga500 has made poor choicesadjaga500 has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to adjaga500
i have that same problem.. my friend told me to check the air regulator. i haven't had the chance to check anything though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandr1ft View Post
It's a pretty common thing on our cars, if you put an auto ECU in you won't have that problem.
would this cause a problem in the long run?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
nissandr1ft
Zilvia Member

nissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to nissandr1ft
I've been running the auto ECU for 2-3 years without problems, and it gets rid of the 115mph speed limiter. The car does tend to idle about 1100 or so for a sec, and then idles down. I've had the idle drop like that multiple times, on multiple motors, in multiple 240's. I've seafoamed, cleaned iacv valve, and about everything I could, and it still did it with the 5sp ECU.
nissandr1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandr1ft View Post
I've been running the auto ECU for 2-3 years without problems, and it gets rid of the 115mph speed limiter. The car does tend to idle about 1100 or so for a sec, and then idles down. I've had the idle drop like that multiple times, on multiple motors, in multiple 240's. I've seafoamed, cleaned iacv valve, and about everything I could, and it still did it with the 5sp ECU.
Sorry to bump this up, but I've been getting the same thing recently. Was this done on a s13 or s14? Or does it matter?

If this will solve my problem, I'll gladly do it. Isn't there a problem with cold starts after you do this? Seems like I remember reading a negative effect.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
kansais13

kansais13 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm I asked my friend this same thing and he said it could be the IDCV also and I just need to clean it or replace it. Why would something like this be common its kind of serious if the car stalls ya know...I appreciate your help.
kansais13 is offline   Reply With Quote