Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
itsdboy

Trader Rating: (0)
itsdboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch fork help

Recently the pivot ball inside my transmission decided to snap. So I began the process of swapping clutch/pivot ball. I have everything ready to go back together but I'm stuck as to weather I should put it all back together or not. Tho is why so the holder spring that connects the clutch fork to the release sleeve seems to not be holding th together all the way. I reassembled the clutch fork and decided to make sure it was working properly. After I snapped it onto the pivot ball I decided to push on the fork as if it were to activate the clutch and as I would do that I noticed the spring on the release sleeve would move off the fork a little. But does that matter since the fork an release sleeve will be against the pressure plate? Or should I just order a new retainer spring for the sleeve and clutch fork?
itsdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Any time I do a clutch job on a car, I get the new pivot ball spring, and a new spring for the TOB. Both are cheap and found/ordered at any Nissan dealer. Gotta think they are 2 dollar items that have thousands of miles on them.

With that said though the springs will move a little, but you dont' want it popping off. With that said, for the clutch fork to pop off would almost be on the impossible side, as the pressure plate holds pressure against the front of the TOB, and obviously the slave cylinder pressure against the other side...the pivot ball is the fulcrum point.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
itsdboy

so i went ahead and bought the spring and a brand new release sleeve for my transmission. Now the next problem i ran into while i was swapping the clutch is that the flywheel is not the ka24de flywheel. The brand new clutch and pressure plate would not line up on the flywheel and i contacted frsport to see if it is possible the parts got mixed up. they insured me the clutch kit was all the correct parts for a ka24de. So now i am trying to figure out what flywheel i have.
is it possible i have a ka24e flywheel?
the diameter of the flywheel is almost an inch bigger then my ka24de pressure plate
my ka24de has been rebuilt twice. once by the dude i picked the car up from and once by me when the head blew doing about 10mph(sprocket that links upper and lower timing together was not torqued down properly and the bolt backed itself off causing the chain to skip and it threw the timing)
Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
The flywheel will always be large than the pressure plate...or are you talking about the threaded holes being no where near correct?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
itsdboy

The dowels on the flywheel don't line up an then the holes on the dohc pressure plate don't line up either. I compared my old pressure plate to the new dohc pressure plate I just got from frsport and the dohc pressure plate is smaller then my current pressure plate.