Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
its miller time

Trader Rating: (0)
its miller time is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ka24e, help

I have an 89 nissan 240sx hatch 5 speed, with a ka24e motor swap. Was having some issues with the alternator and battery, but replaced those so all of the electrical components are working now. But the issue im having is acceleration, it take about 4 seconds for each gear to reach 4,000 rpms. so trying to get onto the freeway and up to speed takes forever. Someone was telling me that it might be missfiring, o\2 sensor, or fuel pump. Any input on what might be the problem would be appreciated.
its miller time is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
4 seconds for each gear to reach 4k rpm? that doesn't sound bad, esp in 5th gear.

replace the 02 sensor, they are cheap. Check the timing on the distributor, could be severly retarded.
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
driftxninja
Zilvia Member

driftxninja is an unknown quantity at this point
had a similar problem to this. turned out i had dropped a cylinder (which ended up being due to a bad fuel injector so it wasn't firing).. i would make sure all 4 of your cylinders are firing at idle.
Is your idle weird or does the car shake or anything?

the way i tested for it was to idle the car and pull one wire off the plug at a time so you pull one and should see a drop in RPM and put back on. then pull next wire and same thing. if you pull a wire and there is no change in RPM than the cylinder is not firing
driftxninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Check timing. Very easy to miss because all four cylinders could be firing but would have no power at all.

But if it were missing you'd know. It would have a distinctive shake and sound
MamangSorbetero is offline   Reply With Quote