Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #151
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
if you add an inch only to the front wouldnt the new mounting position essentially be 25mm less than what it was before? now making your 18x10 +-0 wheel into an 18x11 -25.

im having trouble seeing how adding an inch (25mm) to the front is only going to effect the mounting position by 12mm...

its simple since ur making the wheel a inch wider the new center of the wheel has changed which effects the offset. Since you now have changed it by 25mm u need to divide it in half so u get 12.5mm and subtract it from the offset. This is why when u get a 25mm spacer ur only adding the 25mm because the wheel center didnt change just the hub of the rim. its like adding 25mm to the front and taking it from the back barrel pushing it out 25mm.

So in the end no matter what you will still have the wheel stick out 25mm more using either method but offsets willl be different.

Simple as this dont think of being more flush because u have low offest wheels because similar size wheels with same offset can have different fitment because we need to consider what the backspace is and the hub of the wheel where it attaches to the cars hub

ahhh it fucking sucks trying to explain this to someone not in front of you

Last edited by blueshark123; 06-08-2011 at 02:46 PM..
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #152
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
if you add an inch only to the front wouldnt the new mounting position essentially be 25mm less than what it was before? now making your 18x10 +-0 wheel into an 18x11 -25.

im having trouble seeing how adding an inch (25mm) to the front is only going to effect the mounting position by 12mm...
You understand what is happening but your math is wrong.

10 +0...adding 25mm on the outside will make it fit like a 10 -25 would fit.

BUT

The wheel is wider so you have to take the overall width and calculate the new offset.

So, as a mini recap, it was a 10 +0, 25mm larger lips were added - so the inside fitment stayed the same. That means you can use the wheel offset calculator to check your math quite easily:

So you can see that with the new width your wheel size will be 11 -13 (actually -12.5 if you want to get picky) and that will fit ~25mms further out then the 10 +0.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #153
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
FMFL LOL

and i thought i had it all down. sometimes offset blows my freakin mind! thanks for sorting that out, im pretty sure i get what you guys are saying now.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #154
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ 95-KA Turbo has it exactly right.

I used to try and explain all this when working at Savini (3pc custom forged wheels), people didn't get it at all.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #155
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
i get it now. i dont know why i didnt go to the damn wheel calculator to start with.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #156
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
I spent a good 15-20 mins trying to figure out what my RSs would be with new lips and I was like OMG I can use the wheel offset calculator!!!!! It saved a whole lot of headache because I basically had no way of checking if my math was right.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 06-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #157
Mister.E
Post Whore!

yeah, i always forget about that thing. sometime in the future im gonna see if i can get a set of XD-9's widened and that will be a big help.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #158
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
^^^ 95-KA Turbo has it exactly right.

I used to try and explain all this when working at Savini (3pc custom forged wheels), people didn't get it at all.

I know what you mean. I sell all kinds of wheels. And I get that questions so much. And I fucking hate when people see a car...and they don't know anything about it, but want it to look like what they saw. lol. Total waste of fucking time.

yesterday I had some retard wanting to put 22's on a Acura TSX. 22x9's!!! I told him it wouldn't fit...and then he said..well i'm gonna lift the car.

i wanted to throw up on the inside.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #159
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
TTnickdizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I dont know if its been covered already, but can you widen cast wheels like Varrstoens? I have a pair of 10.5 +0s that i would love to make 11.5s or 12s. If so where do they get the material to make the other 1.5" of barrel?
TTnickdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #160
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Unless you're a fabricator I'd recommend getting ahold of someone who welds wheels for a living. I believe there is a dude in CA listed in this thread, not sure which page though. I know you can weld cast metal in general, just not sure about cast wheels.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 06-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #161
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I thought I'd add in here that VR Wheels makes replacement lips for VS-XX and Work Equips now too! I just emailed them to ask if they can make custom bolt pattern lips, hopefully they can so I can just build random pairs of wheels hahaha.

Only 195 a lip for 17X4s!!!!

http://www.vrwheels.com/aftermarket-...lip-c-117.html

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 06-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #162
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
^ thats a good price, wish i was 3 piece glws
Old 06-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #163
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
That's double what they cost in 18, 19, and 20. I'm sure they're making a killing. Is that chrome or polished?

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 06-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #164
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Man, i wish they sold stepped lips for Meisters.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #165
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
That's double what they cost in 18, 19, and 20. I'm sure they're making a killing. Is that chrome or polished?
Pretty sure they're polished. Where can you get 18X4" lips for 100 bucks?

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 06-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #166
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Pretty sure they're polished. Where can you get 18X4" lips for 100 bucks?
I worked at a custom forged wheel company, we bought forged/spun polished 19" and 20" outers for around $100, raw inners were $75-$100. Chrome was like $120.

We never did 17" or 18", but those were cheaper by $10 or $15. It's just really hard to sell $1000+ 18" wheels nowdays, so we never did 3pc in 18".

I know not everyone can place a $10k order or wheel parts, but I'm just saying, they're making some money. As long as their customer service is good I'd say it's still a good deal.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #167
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

How does one get a job working for a wheel company? I am not sure if its healthy for someone obsessed with wheels to work for one, lol.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 06-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #168
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
How does one get a job working for a wheel company? I am not sure if its healthy for someone obsessed with wheels to work for one, lol.
I found them through SEMA. They needed an account manager/sales/internet guy and I thought I'd enjoy having a job while doing the Jordan Innovations thing.

I thought wrong, work sucks. Own companies, acquire currency, disregard females. Plus they moved locations and I was driving over an hour to work, hour and a half back. FUUUUUUUUUCK that.

Check the SEMA job board for stuff in your area.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #169
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I thought I'd add in here that VR Wheels makes replacement lips for VS-XX and Work Equips now too! I just emailed them to ask if they can make custom bolt pattern lips, hopefully they can so I can just build random pairs of wheels hahaha.

Aftermarket replacement lip : VR Wheels WebStore, Presented By VR Motoring
Im going to assume that rezax share the same pcd as equip's?
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #170
:: Gusto ::
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
:: Gusto :: is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
mmm id like to widen some 18x10s i just picked up...
:: Gusto :: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #171
Neteru
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Neteru is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Own companies, acquire currency, disregard females.
This man speaks truth.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #172
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Nvmd.... .
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #173
madngineer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
madngineer is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:

http://www.vrwheels.com/aftermarket-...lip-c-117.html

Hey, can these rear barrels be used as front lips on a 3 piece rim? thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #174
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Work sucks. Own companies, acquire currency, disregard females.
quoted again
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #175
cardoza
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by madngineer View Post
Hey, can these rear barrels be used as front lips on a 3 piece rim? thanks
That is a front lip...
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #176
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Yeah these are 'reverse mount' 3pc wheels, like virtually all wheels with lip. The rear has the drop center for mounting tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neteru View Post
This man speaks truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
quoted again
Haha, glad you guys enjoy that!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:46 AM   #177
madngineer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
madngineer is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
[QUOTE=GSXRJJordan;4130499]Yeah these are 'reverse mount' 3pc wheels, like virtually all wheels with lip. The rear has the drop center for mounting tires.

Can a rear barrel like the one below be used as a lip? thanks

Old 07-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #178
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thumbs up

$200 for brand new 3.5" lip is a friggin sweet deal -->Aftermarket replacement lip : VR Wheels WebStore, Presented By VR Motoring

For the rear barrel mounted as a front lip you'll have to drill the hole for the valve stem
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #179
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
anyone know of a boss wheel place that will split my 2 piece and put a new lip on...

?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #180
TougeSC3
Leaky Injector

TougeSC3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is everything always located out in Cali? This thread makes my wheel shopping so much damn easier.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Tommy:1993 Lexus SC300 5 Spd
TougeSC3 is offline   Reply With Quote