Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #1741
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I hope this thread gets deleted.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #1742
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Are you guys pregnant or just a bunch of hens in a hen house.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #1743
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
That's interesting, your avatar says Nissan but with the old school Datsun style. Why aren't you rocking the present day Nissan hamburger then?
Come on Norm you're old enough to know that Nissan has always been apart of Datsun, or I should say Datsun apart of Nissan. And the logos have been mixed since the 70's. My 280z had that Nissan logo on it the seat belt receivers and I'm sure a few more parts at that.

The fact is that Datsun died off in 1983. So anything past that has no relation to Datsun. Nissan has been around since the 1930's as Nissan motor co. Datsun was brought in the late 50's early 60's as the small car line for Nissan motor co to most of the world.

That is why you shouldn't have a Datsun logo on your S13.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #1744
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BINGO!!^^^ on with the thread!

Rules:

DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #1745
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Reverse rake like woah.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #1746
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Old 02-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #1747
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
Come on Norm you're old enough to know that Nissan has always been apart of Datsun, or I should say Datsun apart of Nissan. And the logos have been mixed since the 70's. My 280z had that Nissan logo on it the seat belt receivers and I'm sure a few more parts at that.

The fact is that Datsun died off in 1983. So anything past that has no relation to Datsun. Nissan has been around since the 1930's as Nissan motor co. Datsun was brought in the late 50's early 60's as the small car line for Nissan motor co to most of the world.

That is why you shouldn't have a Datsun logo on your S13.
Well, I used to have an '84 z31 turbo and it had a Datsun logo on the left side and a Nissan logo on the right side if the hatch haha

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #1748
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Why is it that when you go to buy autoparts for our cars, it comes up as a nissan/datsun on the computer they use at Autopart stores and dealerships?
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #1749
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Well, I used to have an '84 z31 turbo and it had a Datsun logo on the left side and a Nissan logo on the right side if the hatch haha
Alright haha 83/84 was pretty ambiguous. But by 85 shit was NISSAN, didn't see a single Datsun logo on my brothers 85 Z31 when he had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Why is it that when you go to buy autoparts for our cars, it comes up as a nissan/datsun on the computer they use at Autopart stores and dealerships?
Because its really the only company to really change names completely like that. And in the 80's the name changed but the cars really didn't so there is overlap there. Kinda pointless to have different part numbers for a 83 Datsun Maxima and a 85 Nissan Maxima
Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #1750
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
[IMG]b. e. a. utiful.[/IMG]
yes. perfect.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #1751
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
New wheels time!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #1752
jefferz
Zilvia Member

jefferz is an unknown quantity at this point
this thread is the reason im two toning my coupe now lol
Old 02-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #1753
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferz View Post
gtfo .
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #1754
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Wow.

For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #1755
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
New wheels time!!!!
[IMG][/IMG]
moar

Quote:
yes

the thread is getting better now mel.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #1756
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The point of this thread is to celebrate the original two-tone cars, not to gain a following of bandwagon jumpers.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #1757
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
Reverse rake like woah.

Fat chicks...
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #1758
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Does anyone have a K's sidemount grill thingy.

I think Im gonna put on my K's bumper until I can find a aero.

I know everyone LOVES bricks on 2tones, but Im thinking I might go with duals.
Has anyone ever removed the yellow lens from duals?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #1759
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
dont disappoint me. i've seen them with the yellow removed and they still look like dick. bricks or bust.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #1760
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
dont disappoint me. i've seen them with the yellow removed and they still look like dick. bricks or bust.
^ I like this guys answer ^
Old 02-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #1761
memphis180sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Paint the housings black in the projectors and add clear lenses there cheaper and you dont hate yourself when they get smashed on "accident." plus light output is slightly better.
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #1762
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

That is true. I would probably request the first-born child of whoever smashes my bricks up.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #1763
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
the thread is getting better now mel.
I can agree with this statement. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Don't do it.

Kakume headlights or bust.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #1764
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis180sx View Post
Paint the housings black in the projectors and add clear lenses there cheaper and you dont hate yourself when they get smashed on "accident." plus light output is slightly better.
Yeah I dunno bout that bud. But thanks for the input, I think.
oh and my 2tone will never get smashed by ANY action of mine. Especially by "accident"

I have bricks already. Just trying to decide if I want brand new fenders or clean used already 2tone ones. My K's bumper was originally 2tone (until I sanded it for prep) and call me weird but I think it would be kinda cool to have all original 2tone silvia parts.
But new fenders would be sweeeeeeet!

This is all down the line, my other s13 is getting finished first, maybe even the hatch project too. So I have plenty of time to decide. But my end goal is pretty much exactly the same as johnnys chop, with small differences here and there.

Why cant everyone have such nice, helpful. answers like my fellow nor-calers?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #1765
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
I know we are all hype-beasts here.....

But you know bricks originally came on the lower trim silvias and have the worst light output of the three options, right? My Club K's has triples, not that anyone cares...

Just sayin

BTW, the bulb glass itself in the fog lights is yellow. You'd need to find a clear glass one. Also requires baking the lights and splitting the glass open to remove that
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #1766
Wake
Premium Member

uh what?

I know all that shit about light output and trim levels and shit.

but the yellow is just a little colored housing over the inner light, i dont know what you mean by bulb glass. And since they would be getting clear covers it would all be one step basically. So while Im doing the projector retrofit and clear covers I could easily remove the yellows. However I may just save that for a different car.

and HID's in bricks (although illegal) is decent light output.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #1767
xBandiTx
Zilvia Member

xBandiTx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxdriftin View Post
You're doing better than I was with 240's when I was 15. It's your car do what you want to it.
This

It's his car leave him alone. It's not affecting you guys so mind your buisness, be happy he's not throwing rice ass bodykits and a spoiler on it
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #1768
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
yea, its a yellow glass cover/bulb/thingy. ok remove it then.

P.S. This thread needs to be purged..
Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #1769
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #1770
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Your car looks good. Just fix the rake your hood has and put some more camber up front that way you can use more of your leading tire.