Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 11-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #511
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
im not convinced its only a political issue either. CA is currently at over 4k cases per day. its predominantly a blue state. Los Angeles county, again mostly blue is recording highest numbers.

I think its down to individuals and not having the discipline to social distance for whatever reasons (large family gatherings, celebrating holidays, people going on dates etc). I’m not convinced with those factors, its anything politicians have much control over.

in CA the Dem governor got caught at indoor dining event with no social distancing and just recently closed down outdoor dining in many counties. to me thats just scapegoating an easy target. not a fan of the guy or the french laundry.

https://www.politico.com/states/cali...dining-1337062
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #512
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Not to derail too much, but BLM at its core was out for a human rights issue. Yes, I agree the end result is increased exposure.

My comment was towards the lockdown protestors out doing exactly what lockdown is trying to prevent.
Agreed. There are people who want to justly protest the cause, then the fucks who want to loot/riot, and everyone in between the two. That end result is what's the issue. Again though, lockdown doesn't stop it. It doesn't even slow it in the sense the media is selling it to you. It just makes it longer for everyone to get it. We have no immunity. If you're exposed, you're most likely going to get it. Remember when the lockdowns were to prevent overloading the healthcare system? I was down with that. We didn't know what would happen, so we played it safe. Id be pissed too at people dying because they couldn't get care. However, that time long ago had past and we didn't come close to overloading. Then it changed to "stop the spread". You can't fucking stop it, so now what? Fuck everyone's livelihood when the statistical rate of survival is over 99% for everyone? There's no logical sense in that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #513
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
So now what?
Well, now politicians pretend to have control of a populace that has been fed tweets undermining the credibility of government and media outlets for the last 4 years by putting people under a soft house arrest. In theory, it would work, but thanks to the federal government doing fuckall to support the people, and pandemic fatigue, it ain?t really doing jack shit.

It didn?t start out as a political issue, but it quickly became one, but now with it raging out of control, it?s clearly an everyone issue.

Basically we?re all just getting fucked from both ends by the perfect storm of anti-intellectualism and Mother Nature. Best bet is to stay home since that?s where you have the most control, but if you can?t, you can?t and your death shall be a monument to the success of capitalism. Thanks for playing. ?Throw ?em on the pile boys!?
Old 11-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #514
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Gonna go out on a limb here and say a solid 60% of americans are gonna tell goverment officals to fuck off and not follow any shut-down/mask mandates
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #515
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
hell government officials themselves arent following the rules.

lot of relatively capitalistic countries in asia are doing just fine. the more individualistic (if not less considerate) culture of the US is great overall. it just doesnt do so well when it comes to surviving a pandemic. nothing realistically can be done about that.

both the right and left arent responsible. theres just more blatant recklessness from the right and hypocrisy from the left.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #516
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Well, now politicians pretend to have control of a populace that has been fed tweets undermining the credibility of government and media outlets for the last 4 years by putting people under a soft house arrest. In theory, it would work, but thanks to the federal government doing fuckall to support the people, and pandemic fatigue, it ain?t really doing jack shit.

We have rights that are supposed to limit government control for a reason..

Trump pulled his likeliness credibility because he doesn't know how to shut the fuck up. Regardless, I personally don't care because his policies that actually affect us are what should be payed attention to. The media pulled their credibility because all they talk about is how terrible and mean and orange he is. With covid they emphasized every stupid thing he said (a fucking lot), but again, policy...

The soft house arrest will not stop the virus, it will just drag it out longer..

How did the fed government not support the states? Because they didn't do a top down mandate like other countries? That's not how it's supposed to work. States have their own rights and very different population densities to account for. That top down bullshit is how the stimulus checks were handled. While it was "fast", it was super disproportionate. As other support, there was bitching for ventilators and PPE. Guess what, everyone got their shit and in fact were sending ventilators back because there were too many. The Mercy and Comfort were also sent back because they weren't needed. So other than financial support and supplies, what else do you want from the fed government? Sweeping policies of lockdown? For financial support, current stimulus hold ups are faults of both sides. The senate is being stingy, but the house is also packing in shit that has nothing to do with covid support.

Quote:

It didn?t start out as a political issue, but it quickly became one, but now with it raging out of control, it?s clearly an everyone issue.

Basically we?re all just getting fucked from both ends by the perfect storm of anti-intellectualism and Mother Nature. Best bet is to stay home since that?s where you have the most control, but if you can?t, you can?t and your death shall be a monument to the success of capitalism. Thanks for playing. ?Throw ?em on the pile boys!?
You're right, it didn't start as a political issue, but it did when vaccine/stimulus was being federally funded in an election year. Policies that are for the people and not the policy makers? Yeah it's going to get that way quickly. It was always going to get out of control. The transmission of this virus is too easy to "lockdown". I don't blame the way everything was handled in March. We didn't know shit. What we know now though, totally different story.

Your view is very black and white. You're basically saying "stay home and don't get sick, or you can go out and die". That's not how that works.. like at all. If your risk assessment is to stay home, go for it. Monument to capitalism? How about free will to make risk assessment for yourself.

Old 11-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #517
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Gonna go out on a limb here and say a solid 60% of americans are gonna tell goverment officals to fuck off and not follow any shut-down/mask mandates
Where do you get your 60% number from?
Old 11-23-2020, 02:29 PM   #518
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
^Probably the same place zombie gets his news from

Quote:
The soft house arrest will not stop the virus, it will just drag it out longer..
How so?

Quote:
How did the fed government not support the states? Because they didn't do a top down mandate like other countries? Sweeping policies of lockdown?
Correct. We've been over this in previous pages.

Quote:
The transmission of this virus is too easy to "lockdown". I don't blame the way everything was handled in March. We didn't know shit. What we know now though, totally different story.
Now is a different story, yes. Now it's been so poorly mismanaged that it's spiraling out of control. Their best chance at stopping it was this summer. Now they're just in damage control mode until a vaccine is ready to be deployed.

Quote:
Your view is very black and white.
Apologies, I was being satirical
Old 11-23-2020, 02:51 PM   #519
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

How so?

Because we have no immunity to this. Locking down doesn't stop it, it just pauses the spread time. Every time we let up, it will resurge, like how it started to now. So either we do a lockdown/letup merry go round until we get herd immunity (this will take a long time), or lockdown till we vaccinate into herd immunity (this will also take a long time). For the US, the above methods are impractical because it cannot be financially supported.

Quote:

Now is a different story, yes. Now it's been so poorly mismanaged that it's spiraling out of control. Their best chance at stopping it was this summer. Now they're just in damage control mode until a vaccine is ready to be deployed.

Okay, but mismanaged how? Because we didn't do nationwide lockdown at a federal level? Every variance of lockdown has not worked anywhere in the world with a major population. There's no "good plan" for this. There will always be trade offs in whatever you do.

Quote:

Apologies, I was being satirical
[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Old 11-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #520
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Where do you get your 60% number from?
Probably here:

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...ked-down-again

But as another source not so far from that outlet's results:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/324146/...-lockdown.aspx

Old 11-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #521
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I remember when this debate was backed by educational facts. Now it's just a pissing match. Sigh.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #522
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Because we have no immunity to this. Locking down doesn't stop it, it just pauses the spread time. Every time we let up, it will resurge, like how it started to now. So either we do a lockdown/letup merry go round until we get herd immunity (this will take a long time), or lockdown till we vaccinate into herd immunity (this will also take a long time). For the US, the above methods are impractical because it cannot be financially supported.
A good, albeit tedious read https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ierce-backlash

The risk vs reward is very high. I surely wouldn't want to be the one responsible for people's death. In the end, to me, it boils down to life or money, but I realize I'm lucky enough to have the choice when may people do not.

Quote:
Okay, but mismanaged how? Because we didn't do nationwide lockdown at a federal level? Every variance of lockdown has not worked anywhere in the world with a major population. There's no "good plan" for this. There will always be trade offs in whatever you do.
Because there has been zero leadership this entire time, zero responsibility, and zero plan for moving forward. They aren't even throwing out ideas like injecting bleach anymore. I'm not crazy about Biden's plan to lock shit down tight (I don't think it'll fly anyway), but at least it shows more leadership than brushing off all your problems onto your lackey while you go play golf. You're right though, there is no good plan, "unprecedented times" and such... but trying something and failing is better than running away from your problems. Gotta keep trying until something works.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #523
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Soo where are the limited edition zilvia.net masks at?

Should come in the color of ur rep! Username embroidered on it.

Id pay $100 for solid stitching
Old 11-23-2020, 04:42 PM   #524
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Probably here:

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...ked-down-again

But as another source not so far from that outlet's results:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/324146/...-lockdown.aspx

The second survey seems more believable as it looks to be closer in line with the voting results. Overall I'm not a fan of statistical results being posted up as one can manipulate data to prove a point.

As I've said before, people who voted for Biden did so for two main reasons. 1. He wasn't Trump. 2. They felt Biden's policies (mainly around covid) would lead us forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Soo where are the limited edition zilvia.net masks at?

Should come in the color of ur rep! Username embroidered on it.

Id pay $100 for solid stitching
I think a MAGA facemask with Trump's dick where the mouth is would be a hot seller.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #525
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
but trying something and failing is better than running away from your problems. Gotta keep trying until something works.
>Implying lockdowns aren't running away from your problems.

Enjoy your corporate sharia law.

zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #526
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
>Implying lockdowns aren't running away from your problems.

Enjoy your corporate sharia law.
You took everything I wrote and that was the best you could come up with for an attempt at a witty retort?

Please go back and try again with something that isn't completely devoid of reading comprehension.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:24 PM   #527
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
The second survey seems more believable as it looks to be closer in line with the voting results. Overall I'm not a fan of statistical results being posted up as one can manipulate data to prove a point.

As I've said before, people who voted for Biden did so for two main reasons. 1. He wasn't Trump. 2. They felt Biden's policies (mainly around covid) would lead us forward.

I think a MAGA facemask with Trump's dick where the mouth is would be a hot seller.

True MAGA followers dont wear masks........
Old 11-23-2020, 07:44 PM   #528
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
You took everything I wrote and that was the best you could come up with for an attempt at a witty retort?

Please go back and try again with something that isn't completely devoid of reading comprehension.
Sorry I couldn't package it in your mainstream propaganda form for you

BTW you do this really weird thing where you basically just repeat what someone said to you the week before. No wonder why you ride the MSM rails and your contradictory opinions change like the wind. Something for you to think about.

You failed to prove me wrong, anyway, so...
Old 11-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #529
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Sorry I couldn't package it in your mainstream propaganda form for you

BTW you do this really weird thing where you basically just repeat what someone said to you the week before. No wonder why you ride the MSM rails and your contradictory opinions change like the wind. Something for you to think about.

You failed to prove me wrong, anyway, so...
Do you get a dollar every time you say mainstream media? If so, I’m pretty sure I’m entitled to 50%.

I’d be curious to see if this is true, but based on your propensity to make false claims I don’t think it’s worth my time to investigate. Feel free to cite your sources though.

Prove what wrong? You’re always asking me to prove things that don’t need explanation. The sky is blue, gravity works, there are 24 hours in a day, whiskey is good, and your skull is the densest element known to man
Old 11-24-2020, 12:58 AM   #530
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
I’d be curious to see if this is true, but based on your propensity to make false claims I don’t think it’s worth my time to investigate. Feel free to cite your sources though.
Quote:
this was hard to remember from earlier in the day

Prepare to take part in the worlds largest human trial of an experimental drug ever.

Remember that package of potato burqa's I posted a little while back with the Emergency Use Authorization notice on it? Your impending vaccine shot will have the same label. Have fun turning your bodies into AIDS factories.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #531
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Prepare to take part in the worlds largest human trial of an experimental drug ever.

Remember that package of potato burqa's I posted a little while back with the Emergency Use Authorization notice on it? Your impending vaccine shot will have the same label. Have fun turning your bodies into AIDS factories.
The testing and effects to the human body is much more thorough than the testing we had on Agent Orange and the effects of those living in and deployed in Vietnam.

shrug
Old 11-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #532
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Yeah. The testing is more thorough than the vaccines of polio or TB or the shit we send to third world counties to try to mitigate the massive death tolls. America is a big, bad wolf. We're only taking in PR and the Dominican so we can use their islands for genetic testing on jellyfish.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:28 PM   #533
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
*shrugs in guinea pig*
Quote:

someone too afraid to just say it publicly left this rep saying:

Quote:
facts exist. tinfoil hats dont disprove them. FSM > Science > God
Any reason why you don't care to share your "facts"?

that FSM > Science thing was funny tho
Old 11-24-2020, 09:18 PM   #534
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Say hello to bread lines NM:

Old 11-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #535
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Closure is a preventative measure to slow the spread.

The NM article looks to be a only be a system in place to react once it's too late.

Most everyone with a smart phone has the ability to turn on covid tracking. But they feel the government wants to spy on them and see they're at McDonalds at 2am.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #536
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Closure is a preventative that puts businesses in a bad position of continuing being able to operate.
Closure is a preventative that doesn't really mean shit because of outgoing and incoming traffic that doesn't give a fuck.
Closure doesn't mean shit unless everyone complies and we live in a day in age where the kilburns and RSX's will sit here and whine that they can't go out and get their Supreme sneakers so they'll support 'peaceful' rioting because some fucking drug addict shit head got blasted for doing stupid shit that further complicated shit.

We could easily fix the problem but then what would you fucking pussies complain about?
Old 11-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #537
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Way to bring up a topic which had zero to do with what we were talking about.

You certainly know how to prove a point.

PTSD much?
Old 11-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #538
S14rebuild
BANNED

[QUOTE=!Zar!;6401680]Way to bring up a topic which had zero to do with what we were talking about.
/QUOTE]

Black kettle!
Old 11-26-2020, 02:03 PM   #539
zombiewolf513
BANNED

X its just a bug in China, keep the borders open
X its just unmarked, mass graves in China with a hospital built on top
X its just toilet paper
X its just 'non-essential' workers
X its just 2 weeks to slow the spread
X its just money printer go BRRRRRR
X its just a mask
X its just church
X its just a year, kids' mental health will be fine
X its just to track who your acquaintances are
X its just the freedom to go out at night
X its just the freedom to travel interstate
X its just the freedom to see your family
X its just the schools
X its just lists

(you are here)>its just the grocery stores

>its just another lockdown
>theyre just refugees
>its just a job
>its just a shot
>they're just guns
>its just civil unrest
>its just "Papers, please"
>its just socialized medicine
>its just another shot
>its just a social credit score
>its just a quarantine camp
>its just communism
>its just a reeducation camp
>its just an implant for contact tracing to keep you safe
>its just unmarked graves with a wind farm built on top
>这只是你的国家

SCOTUS sides with religious groups in NY:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/u...-new-york.html

Quote:
Nothing makes me want to commit to a $100 Trillion 'plan' that upends everything, like a 'it could work bro.'

Don't come crying for a universal debt forgiveness plan when youre trying to power your city with potatos and the last of the pennies from your artificial coin shortages
and heeeeres yer siiign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHRkkeecg7c
Old 11-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #540
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Way to bring up a topic which had zero to do with what we were talking about.

You certainly know how to prove a point.

PTSD much?

Literally responded to a sentence you posted in the previous post. Are you actually huffing the vaporized ball sweat of President-elect Bidenphile?