Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Nazis!!

Here's a picture of a super fuckin lowered 240sx. Open the thread up. Please... a couple of off topic posts from various members and all of a sudden, Hitler comes around and shuts shit down! WTF. Jeez, if i wanted serious Lametown, USA i would keep going to Freshalloy.

Old timers (Phlip, MrMeph, Jeff, et al.) what happened? No one on Zilvia can: Speak their mind. Disagree with one another. Make jokes. Go off topic for more than 2 posts. Look right. Look up. Speak.

What gives?

Neeeiin!!! Haeil Hitlah.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 02-22-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Yeah.. pretty messed up to have locked that thread. It was in "chat" wasn't it?

You can't chat in "chat" now? What's next?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
moreno

moreno is an unknown quantity at this point
nice, car.

haven't checked this site out in awhile, but i guess things have changed....
Old 02-22-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
agree 100% with lindsay. this forum sucks more every day. the picture thread is fucking worthless because you wont let anybody TALK about the fucking pictures. at least in the how low thread people could post pics of their cars and discuss it, instead of just being locked down.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:19 PM   #6
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
man i liked that thread always went back there to see peoples set up
Old 02-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
gaytown open it up !
Old 02-22-2006, 10:46 PM   #8
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Oh man...I can agree that the thread should have been kept open, but I can't agree with making a random thread like this. Some posts in that thread should be deleted (along with this thread)...if and only if they decide to open it. This is just my suggestion (or opinion).
Old 02-22-2006, 10:51 PM   #9
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
what thread?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
ispypsi
Leaky Injector

ispypsi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ispypsi Send a message via Yahoo to ispypsi
id say you could go whore up their wheel thread but that would just get ya banned i guess. but it would be funny lol. not that id do it or condone it

man i had just posted in that thread too and was all excited that maybe someone would tell me my car looked nice for once since you cant do so in the picture thread. i dont understand not commenting in the pic thread either. yes its logical to pm someone to ask them about their car, but what if its a question many are wondering? id rather be able to discuss my car and my love for it freely rather than answering PMs about this and that all the time. pretty sure there's a delete post button mods can use, most users are smart enough to realize you dont whore up the thread but asking legitmate car related questions should be okay.

whatev, they'll do as they please really. i think a mod was even part of the "non picture posting, text only posts" in the locked thread. pot kettle?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #11
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorkluv
what thread?
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=90340
Old 02-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #12
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Wow thats a big thread they locked...
Old 02-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #13
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
come on, open it back up.

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 PM   #14
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Another one for opening it back up, please!

It was cool to see all these slammed ass 240s, and those that are kind enough to give wheel specs and suspension specs also are what made that thread so great.

I pretty much decided on what kind of suspension and wheels (wheels that I want to buy when I have saved up enough money) I wanted to buy from that thread, so I for one, found that thread useful.

And I agree, that that thread was much more relaxed than the "picture thread" because you could discuss the setups and what not without getting posts deleted, and answering 10 million PMs about the same thing gets old after awhile, and is much easier if one were to be able to just make a post for all to see.

So... please? Open it back up?
Old 02-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #15
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I am very sad that the how low can you go thread is. I dream of posting my car up in there once I get paint.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #16
Revolver Ocelot
Zilvia Addict

Revolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Revolver Ocelot
Neiinn!!!! Es war ein gutes Gewinde. Was ist los?

Seriously though, at least bring it back and just delete the bullshiet posts. It was a good thread in theory.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #17
EH9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
EH9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Deleting posts that verge on off topic only inhibits people from posting ideas that could potentially really help people out. If something is blatantly off topic, or if people are unconstructively arguing (understand, that's not when people are going back and forth regarding the merits of one set up versus another) then you can edit, delete, or (God forbid) you simply make a post in which you ask people to get back to the topic or their following posts will be removed. That thread helped me a lot, it allowed me to research something, feel confident in my decision, and therefore go to a local vendor (who advertises on this site) and make a purchase from them. If you follow my logic here, I'm implying that should threads like these be locked, your vendors won't have as many customers and that means they won't make as much money, which leads to less advertising cash which means you're not getting money from them to keep this site afloat. "Fucking with your cash is the only way to get to you kids."
Don't nazi mod, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Zilvia über alles!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:51 PM   #18
Nan Desu Ka?!
Zilvia FREAK!

Nan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Nan Desu Ka?!
Fuck, i was just going to take pics of my car tomorrow and post it areound 3-4" frame rail clearance even less on the bumper haha.

+15 for opening that shit back up. thanks!

Norcal-240sx.net
Old 02-23-2006, 12:42 AM   #19
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 02-23-2006, 12:45 AM   #20
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Angry

Christ people.
Whether the thread lock was justified or not, it's still the discretion of the Mods. Zilvia isn't a democracy! Most of us haven't even given any sort of monetary contribution for the wealth information available here. Put this in perspective.

So one worthless-to-begin-with thread was locked.
Big fucking deal.
Justified or not; it's gone.

Starting a new thread just to whine about it is just gonna get you pinked.
I'm shocked someone with so much experience here would do this.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 AM   #21
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

I'm shocked that a site with a reputation of relaxed-atmosphere and friends would do this.

Bush invaded Iraq for WMDs. He must be right, despite the evidence right?

Zilvia locked a thread. Oh it must have deserved to be locked.

Heaven forbid i speak my mind... PUBLICALLY. Fuck. Stand up for what you believe in, you puss.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 02-23-2006, 12:54 AM   #22
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
I'm shocked that a site with a reputation of relaxed-atmosphere and friends would do this.

Bush invaded Iraq for WMDs. He must be right, despite the evidence right?

Zilvia locked a thread. Oh it must have deserved to be locked.

Heaven forbid i speak my mind... PUBLICALLY. Fuck. Stand up for what you believe in, you puss.
Dude you missed my point entirely.
Where did I say it should have been closed BECAUSE a mod said so?

Stop twisting my shit around.
My point was that if a mod locks it, it will be unlocked ONLY if West or RJF or a supermod does it. If you wanna complain about it, that's your call. PM the mod or a supermod. If everyone does it, the higher mod can make an informed decision about unlocking it again. Bitching in public is gonna piss off at least the locking mod, and you'll probably get pinked for it.

I'm talking about policy, YOU are the one talking about justifying.

.... oh yeah, and if one of my first statements is "Zilvia is not a democracy"... rebutting by comparing it to the US (A DEMOCRATIC NATION) isn't winning you any comparison points in my book.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #23
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Well I titled the thread Nazis, not Republicans.

How's that for your comparison book, before you even thought about replying, I had already acknowledged a dictatorship.

What's more effective, emailing a big Tobacco company about the malicious effects of cigarettes and asking them to do something about it, or bringing huge signs in front of their building and shouting over a loudspeaker? At least people will see you.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 02-23-2006, 01:03 AM   #24
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
open it
it was a fun thread
people like it
some dummies said it was lame but who the fuck cares
it was so many pages because it is a great thread
its a message board, why cant we reply to people's pics or have a good chat.
fuck pm'ing people. ihate getting pms all the time w/ questions on teh car.
i dont see anything wrong w/ posting messsages back on a MESSAGE forum.

open it up
it was cool
pics of recent car is fucking gay. cant reply to people and shit
and u cant stat new threads of your car anymore
and you cant intorduce yoruself anymore unless youpost on a certain thread

fuck that
Old 02-23-2006, 01:06 AM   #25
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Yeah, what he said. WTF, Mate.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 02-23-2006, 01:19 AM   #26
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

When the Nazis arrested the Communists,
I said nothing; after all, I was not a Communist.
When they arrested the Socialists,
I said nothing; after all, I was not a Socialist.
When they arrested the trade unionists,
I said nothing; afterall, I was not a trade unionist.
When they arrested the Jews, I said nothing; after all, I was not a Jew.
When they arrested me, there was no longer anyone who could protest.

FIGHT THE POWER

JOIN THE REVOLUTION

WE SHALL DEFEAT OUR OPPRESSORS
Old 02-23-2006, 01:30 AM   #27
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
this is great.... im sorry i missed out on a locked thread.. could of got a few post in to up my count...
Old 02-23-2006, 01:32 AM   #28
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

i dont get it. who the hell cares about post count. it doesnt mean shit if i have as many as i do or 3.
its a number.
people make a huge del over post count. give everyone 999,999 for all i care
post count means nothing
look at me. i still fuck up on replies, i still reply and say stupid shit, imean, im posting now right? post cout. bleh.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #29
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Weeee shaaallll ovvveeerrr--cooommmmeee!

But for real.. that thread was turning into a bitch fight... destined for its destiny. I don't think it should have been locked, but I think that people need to excersize a little control in their e-thuggery.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:46 AM   #30
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough