Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
240driftin[Sil80]
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lowering

i wanna lower my 240 but dont wanna spend a lot on coilovers or springs. i was gonna go with some like $70 ebay ones with the adjusting collar. bad route? i heard there alright only bad thing is their really stiff. but thats exactly wat im tryin to go for. stiff so there 0 body roll for touge. any help or feedback is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
dahbeeed
Zilvia Member

dahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to behold
dont go ebay, you want to be safe right? it is your suspension...go with at least a decent set of shocks/springs combo. you can find them decently priced new or used. just be patient when upgrading your suspension.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
They will be very stiff compared to stock springs. They might be the best springs ever actually...

only problem is you'd put them on stock struts which don't have enough damping, so whenever you hit a bump or upset the car in anyway, it would bounce.

Now what that bounce would mean is every time the car rocked, the end of the car that is moving up would have less grip.

This happens in a turn, and you are now out of control.

Spend the money, it's the only way your car will actually handle well. You have to upgrade shocks as well as springs, otherwise you're better off stock.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:29 AM   #4
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
coilovers FTW

don't buy ebay stuff it will probally break and your car will get messed up
Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #5
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240driftin[Sil80] View Post
i wanna lower my 240 but dont wanna spend a lot on coilovers or springs. i was gonna go with some like $70 ebay ones with the adjusting collar. bad route? i heard there alright only bad thing is their really stiff. but thats exactly wat im tryin to go for. stiff so there 0 body roll for touge. any help or feedback is appreciated!
You have a lot of learning to do. You're going to end up wrecking your 240 and then you'll be broke AND without a car. Do not go touge dorifuto!!!111oneoneonen if you have no money.

If you don't have money now, don't spend it on some cheap junk that you'll end up replacing when you have money. Critical parts like suspension are not the parts which you should be trying to cut corners on (not that you really should try to cut corners anyway).

Stiff springs will give you a stiffer ride but your stock shocks will probably blow because of them.

I won't even get into why "0 body roll" is a terrible idea as you have a lot of learning to do just to get to that level.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Blown shocks are horrifying on the freeway. I'm talking airborne rear wheels when you hit a bump. Don't kill yourself by cheaping out.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #7
240driftin[Sil80]
Zilvia Member

240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftrofl View Post
You have a lot of learning to do. You're going to end up wrecking your 240 and then you'll be broke AND without a car. Do not go touge dorifuto!!!111oneoneonen if you have no money.

If you don't have money now, don't spend it on some cheap junk that you'll end up replacing when you have money. Critical parts like suspension are not the parts which you should be trying to cut corners on (not that you really should try to cut corners anyway).

Stiff springs will give you a stiffer ride but your stock shocks will probably blow because of them.

I won't even get into why "0 body roll" is a terrible idea as you have a lot of learning to do just to get to that level.
"Do not go touge dorifuto!!!111oneoneonen if you have no money." and wat exactly do you mean by that i dont understand. i touge. thats mostly wat i do. rarely drift
Old 07-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #8
Jgrand03
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
why do people always have to be cheap fucks save your money dude if you cant invest in a decent set of struts and springs or cheap coilovers cars arent for you
Old 07-26-2008, 01:57 AM   #9
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
i agree with eveyone ^ .. just wait a liltle longer and save up for coilovers..theres many out there, tien basics, megans, k-sport, ect..their cheap but are pretty good..if ur gonna do something do it right..or your gonna spend more money on repairs..
Old 07-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #10
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm not picking on you, so don't jump to that conclusion, but frankly this is a stupid thread.

Do your own research and decide what's best for you.

You get what you pay for.
Closed Thread