Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
CaTalyst.X

NOT RECOMMENDED

I want to give a small background before I dive into this review, I don't want to open up ranting and raving like a child.

I joined this forum in later 2008 while gearing up to leave training for the navy and head to my first ship command. Over these 6 years I've done literally tons of business on this forum, I thank the management dearly for allowing us to use the marketplace as a resource for all things automotive. That being said, I've been around for 6 years. Six. And in those six years I've had ZERO incidents with buyers/sellers. Not a single problem. Until now

Over the past 2 months I've been watching the marketplace for a complete AC setup. (under hood components only)
I came across this seller with everything I needed. We talked briefly about a price shipped and agreed on $160 (granted I believe he undershot the shipping on it)
I paid happily, expecting to be provided a tracking number within at least 48 hours as it was a good size amount of stuff to ship, yet that's a pretty big dollar amount purchase so I expected a little urgency in it being shipped.

Price was agreed on the 18th of August.

Money was sent on the 22nd of August.

I finally get a reply on the 27th of August saying the tracking numbers will be provided tomorrow the 28th.

I got irritated and requested a refund on the 1st of September but felt like shit and decided to just have him ship it (which he hadn't done yet)

To which he replies
Quote:
I can drop them in the mail or refund you. I am sorry for the delay but it was a lot harder to ship this shit than I had originally anticipated. I don't often ship this sort of thing. It cost me about $80 in labels and boxes so $165 is a great deal.
I immediately think to myself, I ship things constantly through both here and eBay, I undershoot shipping on a regular basis, but I don't make complaints to my customers that they're getting a great deal just because I made a mistake and undershot the cost. That's not my fault so why treat it as such?

After nagging I finally got tracking numbers on the 8th, showing the items ended up being shipped on the 5th finally.

Only to find that it was missing pieces.

Long story short, I don't recommend buying from this seller personally. I pray that this be the only scenario like this that I have. I guess 1 issue in 6 years is a good record but you never know.

/endrant
-Ty
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
CBAL
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
CBAL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
live and learn.
i dont buy used parts on forums unless 1.meet in person 2.parts under 100$.
Not that entire forum is shit but so much shaddy ppl and ppl with dumb excuses.
sad but what u expect from 240 forum really
Old 09-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
What year car you looking for ac stuff for and I'll assume kade I'll hook it up for you if you need the year I got
Closed Thread