Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2021, 03:19 PM   #11
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post

Anywho, I'm a 'buy the dip' kind of person. When I see shit that I will definitely need or even potentially need in the future, I buy it and put it on the shelf. This is what parts departments do around the world in every industry and not a frowned upon practice. If I don't end up using it, I sell it off. I don't stockpile but being prepared is smart. Paying three times more and spending a week to find something when you need it in a pinch is ass and I refuse to stress over silly things. I have two sets of gaskets for pretty much all the cars I give a shit about [R32, Silvia S14a and JZX90] and when things are scarce or going to stop being made, I will get some stuff for my missiles [Z33's] and have those too. Being prepared shouldn't be a bad thing.
Yeah this is what I do in most cases, typically with maintenance shit. I'm at the point where I'm going through my parts collection and selling anything that isn't Nissan/Nismo. I want more funds for maintenance shit. I don't think anyne would knock us for this because we're not flipping. Even if/when I do sell, I always shave some off the 'current price' for said part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Unfortunately I]Even I feel a bit stressed over how I'm going to replace certain parts like the window and door weatherstripping on my s14.

..but do you attempt to manipulate the market by pulling an astronomical number out of your ass for the parts? That's the main thing that annoys me with the flippers. Then if you call them out on their price you get told that you're broke and a hater lol. I don't have a problem with the hoarding of parts as that's just a natural reaction to our dwindling supply of OEM replacements.
Yeah man this is when you should take a page out of Supa's book and buy the parts now, cry about it later. I've been buying shit and crying about it lol.

The 'hater/broke' shit is always the marque of someone who:

a.) Has little to no money and is trying to overprice parts in an effort to avoid a steady job

b.) Has a great understanding of money and wants to showboat to the 'kids' so they can do their dirty work for them.

It's basically the laziest defense against actual criticism lol.