Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #17101
lilxflip

Trader Rating: (0)
lilxflip is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can someone tell me what this switch is for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _20140826_205301.JPG (126.0 KB, 27 views)
lilxflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #17102
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
Hey guys, quick electronics question:

I'm in the middle of hooking up an Innovate LC1. They have a wire to dim the display when the headlights are on, which is great. They specifically note NOT to wire it to the dash dimmer, but to use a wire specifically powering/giving current to the headlights. What wire in the car should I solder this into?
Look for the wire that goes from your headlight SWITCH to the hot wire of the headlights. This is the wire that your Innovate's dimmer reads from

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
How much would you guys pay for a 98' Kouki that has front and rear end damage. All the front needs is a passenger fender and hood. While the rear has the taillights broken, also is dented in the back making the drivers side taillight not fit in properly. It also needs another trunk because it will not close properly. Dash is cracked, drivers side window does not roll up, the car is automatic and does run.

How much would you guys pay for it? Or would you not even get this car? Tell me why, thanks. Pictures are in the link below.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ca...-2-1-deal.html

Edit** Btw the price is $2500 but negotiable.
For what you would pay for having that beat to shit car rebuilt, come on down here. I have a '95 shell that has had the front 'nose' section removed at the seams at the spot welds. Bring Trailer, and $500. To rebuild this car with tube frame, kouki parts and an LS1(or an SR) you will be money ahead over that ratty moldy kouki
Old 08-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #17103
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
what is this style called?

Looks kinda cool imo.
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #17104
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
how do you prep frp for paint? its gel coated grey if that makes a difference lol. just looking to use a rattle can. also what would be the best paint/brand to use?
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #17105
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
scuff with 400-600 grit sandpaper, prime and paint. ive been using autozone automotive paint... works well. pick up some of their clear lacquer to seal it all and youll be fine (or just keep it in paint and use a brillo pad to take out scuffing, scratches or discoloration)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #17106
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
what kind of oil would you guys recommend that i use for a daily driven 95 s14 with 200k+ miles.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:52 PM   #17107
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
what kind of oil would you guys recommend that i use for a daily driven 95 s14 with 200k+ miles.
depending on where you live, 10w-40 in fall/winter/spring and 20w-50 in summer (if you live in a normal climate 10w-40 is good all around)

the SR/CA/KA/RB were all developed BEFORE the onset of 10w-30/5w-30/0w-20 oil viscosity, 10w-30 or below in an SR is a no-no, especially higher mileage SRs... the KA also requires thicker oil as tolerances in that motor ARE NOT what they are now.

viscosity all depends on the age of the motor and especially the temperatures outside. 10w-40 is all around great for motors like ours that are aged and were developed in the 80s/90s.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #17108
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
depending on where you live, 10w-40 in fall/winter/spring and 20w-50 in summer (if you live in a normal climate 10w-40 is good all around)

the SR/CA/KA/RB were all developed BEFORE the onset of 10w-30/5w-30/0w-20 oil viscosity, 10w-30 or below in an SR is a no-no, especially higher mileage SRs... the KA also requires thicker oil as tolerances in that motor ARE NOT what they are now.

viscosity all depends on the age of the motor and especially the temperatures outside. 10w-40 is all around great for motors like ours that are aged and were developed in the 80s/90s.
I live in so cal. what brand would you suggest?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #17109
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
I live in so cal. what brand would you suggest?
meh, i use whatever brand name makes conventional 10w-40/20w-50 in my SR... synthetic is a waste of time (personal opinion) unless youre running E85 (then its a requirement).

Old 08-28-2014, 06:43 AM   #17110
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
what is this style called?

Looks kinda cool imo.
Odd you should post this up this week. I have just declared my semester study project for psychology to be the correlation of S-Chassis owners vs How Many Like Anime(from books, to cartons to actually naming their car after a character[guilty]).

From what I understand, it is called Itasya or 'e Tahs YA'
I have seen more than one reference to Itasya Doriftu, and Doriftu Itasya and the common thread is ALL the cars have some version of anime artwork on them

http://www.itasya.net/
Old 08-28-2014, 07:12 AM   #17111
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks man!
Maybe I will wrap my car with some anime. Looks so wrong it looks good.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:54 AM   #17112
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Hey, quick question, I'm getting my bung welded in for my aem uego tomorrow and I have this downpipe, http://www.rhdjapan.com/hpi-dual-fro...3-s14-s15.html . I was wondering if it would be ok to get the bung welded near the flange for the test pipe since the two pipes meet there or would it be better to get it welded onto the test pipe.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #17113
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
Thanks man!
Maybe I will wrap my car with some anime. Looks so wrong it looks good.
痛車, literally translates to "painful car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
Hey, quick question, I'm getting my bung welded in for my aem uego tomorrow and I have this downpipe, http://www.rhdjapan.com/hpi-dual-fro...3-s14-s15.html . I was wondering if it would be ok to get the bung welded near the flange for the test pipe since the two pipes meet there or would it be better to get it welded onto the test pipe.
No down here.

Unless you are doing real time and replacing the narrow-band(If you were you wouldn't be asking this). You want it further down to ensure a long life. You aren't going to notice the latency just logging.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:58 AM   #17114
Drama
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I put subframe risers on my car. Hooked everything back up and when I went inside my car, I noticed my ebrake felt loose. Went back under the car and the hook on the passenger caliper was stuck in the up position. I guess when I pulled the ebrake, it got stuck in that position and now it won't come down. I've tried prying it and all but it won't come down.

Anyone know what else I can do?

Also, I changed my front brake pads when I was doing the subframe and my pedal felt softer than I remember it being. I checked to see if there was any fluid dripping from the calipers to see if maybe the piston seals blew or something but I don't see anything. Any suggestions on that too?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #17115
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

[QUOTE=S14DB;5711172]痛車, literally translates to "painful car"

painTED, DB, painted. Painted Car...fooking gaijin translators
Old 08-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #17116
silviaGuyLBC

silviaGuyLBC is an unknown quantity at this point
got a power problem

arite so i was sliding the other day, hit a high rising pot hole an rubbed thru some wires on my driverside harness, there tucked but i still got some, repaired um but now something is going on with my alternator, charged the battery an it wont hold charge, checked the fuses, it happend at the same time my gauge cluster went out, still have the back light but non of the gauges are working . anyone know wtf is going on
silviaGuyLBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:25 AM   #17117
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Where can I find a low mount wing for my s13 hatch? Are they all custom made and is it possible to open truck if you have one of those? Or is it best to go with BCL wing? Thanks1
Old 08-31-2014, 01:42 AM   #17118
RoXiE.S14
Zilvia Member

RoXiE.S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, didn't want to make a new thread for this but : Is there any Guides for swapping my Zenki's front brakes to z32 rotor/calipers? like.. what all do i need ect. ect and how difficult? i have to do this myself no help so any help is much appreciated. ty guys!
RoXiE.S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #17119
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoXiE.S14 View Post
Hi guys, didn't want to make a new thread for this but : Is there any Guides for swapping my Zenki's front brakes to z32 rotor/calipers? like.. what all do i need ect. ect and how difficult? i have to do this myself no help so any help is much appreciated. ty guys!
http://www.ka24development.com/brake_upgrades.html

It's simple, hardest part will be trimming the heat shield lol.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #17120
Sirius Black

Sirius Black is an unknown quantity at this point
how can i enable my accout to post for sale adds?
Sirius Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:07 PM   #17121
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Black View Post
how can i enable my accout to post for sale adds?
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=326097
Old 08-31-2014, 10:26 PM   #17122
the-rusty-240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
the-rusty-240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey guys. I know it sounds hipster but i need a roof rack for my s14 to hold my snowboards this winter. Can someone provide me with a link to one! Thanks in advance!
the-rusty-240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #17123
Caneking1990

Caneking1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
1989 s13 won't start

Hey guys just bought my third S13 and this is my first ever post on a forum. I bought the car not running (great deal) but compression is perfect and motor is getting fuel but there is no spark. I replaced the ignition oil bc it checked out bad and still nothing. I pulled the ecu and it's from a 1994 Altima. I wasn't aware that would work but the previous owner had it in there with no issue. The ecu isn't throwing any codes and the codes are the same for that ecu as the s13 ones. I don't know if my ecu is bad or not. That's my last guess but I don't want to go spend a 100 on an ecu if I don't have to. Any advice? I searched the forum and nothing about Altima ecu's so yeah.
Caneking1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #17124
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm looking for a video to show a friend and curious if any of you know which one I'm talking about. It's this gnarly low, red S13 hatch that's getting interviewed on a Japanese show.

99% sure it's this car but can't find the video interview of it.

EDIT:
Found my own video haha. Thanks
http://youtu.be/4IaUXHrh7fM
Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #17125
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rusty-240 View Post
Hey guys. I know it sounds hipster but i need a roof rack for my s14 to hold my snowboards this winter. Can someone provide me with a link to one! Thanks in advance!
There is a thread on it: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=250463
Old 09-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #17126
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Hoping someone can help me out here.

After converting my Convertible to a five speed my speedometer stopped working. Can it be that the VSS I have is broken?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #17127
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
Why don't you tap into the harness either at the switch on the column or at the harness near the lights?

Just use one of these.

This was a while ago. For some reason (I know the reason, I'm lazy and stupid) I took this advice.

Fun fact: despite having about fifteen fucking retraction relays, it appears to me that s13's don't have dedicated headlight relays, the full draw goes through the switch. And apparently, without blowing fuses, you can slowly melt the plastic bits inside the reed switch on the light combo switch, if you add lights on the existing circuits (I tapped the positive going to the bright on driver side, on the headlight side of the pigtail).

So, between nissan being lazy fuckers, me getting advice from lazy fuckers, and me being a lazy fucker... I need a switch.

Don't tap into shit, like a lazy fucker. And don't use this shit thread, like a lazy fucker. Your car will melt.

(disclaimer: I'm only 99% sure this is what happened, if you can think of another reason my car melted tell me, or if you know something I don't about headlight relays, tell me. I hope I'm out of line, so tell me how I am - just venting here)
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #17128
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Accidentally left my manual on overnight and now it doesn't work, but the car runs fine still. Flicked it on and off and still doesn't turn on. Could it just be the battery needs more juice? See nothing wrong all I did was left the fan on overnight manually when the car was off so it was drawing a lot of power then when I came in the morning to drive it the fan would not work no matter what, so I'm guessing a lack of power in the battery if I'm correct.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #17129
az_240
Post Whore!

az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Anyone know if a S15 diff housing (with sensor) will fit in a s13/s14 with ABS drive shaft?
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #17130
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
Anyone know if a S15 diff housing (with sensor) will fit in a s13/s14 with ABS drive shaft?
too open ended of a question. what in particular are you looking to do with the S15 diff? do you a s13 or s14? are you 5 bolt or 6 bolt?

S15 diff uses S14 mounting points, but S13/S14 open diff style 6 bolt flanges. pretty sure all S15s came with ABS as well. s15 output shafts are 30 spline while every other nissan output shaft is 29 spline (outside of certain R34 GTR output shafts).

but an R200 rear end is an R200 rear end is an R200 rear end... everything is swapable