Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
All of the HP and Torque disadvantge in the world is 'evened' by the amazing amount of traction and the substantial gearing advantage, especially below 80 mph that the GTR has. Look at the First gear...IIRC it's a 3.xx something! Nuts! That's how you get a 4000+ pig out of the hole.

Trap speed however does show the HP difference...Stock GTR are 118-120 car...all zr1 I've sen are 129/131 cars...HUGE

...lets not also forget that 'equalizing' the traction by putting crappy drag radials (wish they were slicks) on the ZR1 puts it into the mid 10.6/10.7 range at over 130 mph I think there are guys with bolt ons in the upper 9's...how much money did AMS dump into that GTR to barley run 9's?

The better platform is the Vette, hands down. GTR is nice though. In the end they are totally different cars IMO.

++++10000 for truth... I have to argue this to every nissan fanboy on every 240 board. Have you guys looked at the damn maintenance costs on the gtr. Its like you bought a ferrari with out the pussy magnet attached LOL... My buddy is on his third tranny, this time it was not warrantied ... 23k installed....lol wtf
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
shadowhunter66
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
shadowhunter66 is making a name for him/her selfshadowhunter66 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
++++10000 for truth... I have to argue this to every nissan fanboy on every 240 board. Have you guys looked at the damn maintenance costs on the gtr. Its like you bought a ferrari with out the pussy magnet attached LOL... My buddy is on his third tranny, this time it was not warrantied ... 23k installed....lol wtf
At the same time, any car with that type of performance will have high costs to keep it running. I don't know how the ZR1 is but I bet its also very expensive, maybe not as expensive as the GTR but you still need a lot of pocket change to afford either one.
As for your friend and his transmissions.. they've pretty much resolved most of people claims and transmission problems so if that's his third one then I'd be looking at the owner as opposed to the car hence why the last time wasn't covered under warranty. Yeah I am a nissan fan since my dad owned a Z, I've owned 2, and I just kinda grew up around em', but I'm not bagging on the ZR1, because it really does impress.
shadowhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:13 AM   #3
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Like I said computer drives gtr and human drives zr1
Old 12-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We aren't all Michael Schumacher, and just from what I've seen on different magazine reviews and video reviews of the ZR1, you better be a DAMN good driver if you want to get anywhere close to the lap times they quote at any track.

With the GTR you can be just a slightly above average driver at the track and still go VERY fast.

I'll take the GTR for that very reason, I'm a decent performance driver at best, and I have no desire to spend the time or money to massively improve my skills. So for that one or two times a year I went to the track with my hypothetical 2012 GTR, I think I would have much more fun.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhunter66 View Post
At the same time, any car with that type of performance will have high costs to keep it running. I don't know how the ZR1 is but I bet its also very expensive,
No denying the ZR1's costs, but lets all be serious...a Z06 is on GTR level...ZR1 is simply 'on another'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike81 View Post
With the GTR you can be just a slightly above average driver at the track and still go VERY fast.

I'll take the GTR for that very reason, I'm a decent performance driver at best, and I have no desire to spend the time or money to massively improve my skills. So for that one or two times a year I went to the track with my hypothetical 2012 GTR, I think I would have much more fun.
THe GTR will not hide a shitty driver, it will just cause his accident to be much more severe.

And your attitude simply sucks. 'I don't care to get better, I Just want to drive like a shmuck around track in a fast carand be mediocre' is awful.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote