Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:22 PM   #1
monkey7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
monkey7 is making a name for him/her selfmonkey7 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
got back from the Altamont, free drifting today 6/24

I was expecting a whole bunch of people. There was a few of us (3 to start with, 5 later on the afternoon). We had the freaking place to ourselves. They just wanted us to have fun and test the track and give some info. If you are close by, they said they will close at 9p.m. to get some free practice.

P.S.
For you people going to the next event, bring lots of water. Stay hydrated. I was baking in the 108 weather. I drank a gallon of freaking water. Try to stay cool. There is also emt to help you if you get sick from the heat.

Management was cool, they just wanted us to have fun. They really like drifters there. They said they will promote more events during the evening for a few hours for an inexpensive price and maybe a little competition.

When you go, obey the speed limit, don't ruin it for everyone!
monkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Who all was out there?

Glad you had a good time out there.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
monkey7
Zilvia Member

monkey7 is making a name for him/her selfmonkey7 is making a name for him/her self
jy116 another zilvia member, localstreethero (mustang 5.0), some others I didn't get to meet.

I aim you early in the morning to see if your going.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
jaae86
Zilvia Junkie

jaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jaae86
I also took a couple of runs with my daily driven S14. My friend wasn't so lucky, he understeered and hit the wall by the main straight.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
WTH Jeff who hit?
Old 06-25-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
^I didnt catch his name....but SOOO SORRY dude. That car was fuckin beautiful Tell him thanks again for letting me borrow his helmet.

Track was FUCKIN AWSOME. Very cool that I could do kinda what ever I wanted. I showed up towards the end in my POS daily driver with stock everything except for a welded and WRECKED SHOP lol. That shit was off the fuckin chains!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:29 AM   #7
monkey7
Zilvia Member

Ouch, one part I mention on feedback is if you keep it in field there will be more room for error.

I hope all is well for the one person who hit.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:54 AM   #8
jaae86
Zilvia Junkie

jaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEATrice
WTH Jeff who hit?
Jay, it was Jack! That was his very first time on a track with his car too. It's a good thing he kept it positive and the Altamont staff was so helpful and cool about it. That made it better for him to absorb. Props for the Altamont owner and staff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex
^I didnt catch his name....but SOOO SORRY dude. That car was fuckin beautiful Tell him thanks again for letting me borrow his helmet
Dude, dont sweat it. Where you able to return the helmet inside his car?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #9
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
^yea I gave it to one of the staff members and he put it in the car for him. Tell him thanks again for me when you see him.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
jaae86 what blue color is that 240?
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #11
jaae86
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx
jaae86 what blue color is that 240?
supposedly Daytona blue from the 350z.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:50 PM   #12
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaae86
Jay, it was Jack! That was his very first time on a track with his car too. It's a good thing he kept it positive and the Altamont staff was so helpful and cool about it. That made it better for him to absorb. Props for the Altamont owner and staff!!!
Oh man! Damn that car is nice too!!! Hope the damage isn't too bad... hope he's alright man!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

the damage is pretty substantial. The radiator support is fuxored, hood, headlight bumper and it pushed into the wheel well on the passenger side.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:11 AM   #14
jy116
Zilvia Addict

jy116 is making a name for him/her selfjy116 is making a name for him/her self
Owner dude, John?, is real cool. He, like us, is hoping that there can be regular drift events, given that no street drifters ruin it for us. He gave a lil talk and said sumthing like "you will ruin it by making the streets into a drift course..." and I said "you" fails to see the difference btwn serious drifters, and kids playin in the street. Then he said tru, but when the Cops and locals see it, WE ARE ALL GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION. Which is totally true. SO PLEASE everyone, make sure no one ruins it for us all!

I heard the other s14 was drifting out of the right bank and just got too close to the wall and braked into it according to the gurl who was recording her bf in the white hatch...

Regarding the heat, Im still peeing dark yellow after drinkin lotsa water n Gatorade! In my in-car vid, u can see my arms are wet from sweating... I think i got burnt too :/

hott track + bald 225/50/16 SO3s + stock KA + vlsd + ebrake = stil too much grip for inner bank! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7tDGzHdDs

Last edited by jy116; 06-26-2006 at 03:07 PM..
jy116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:42 AM   #15
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

average track+bald shit tires+welded+stock KAE = PERFECT FOR INNER TRACK!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #16
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Yep fridays are pretty much empty. I was hoping a thread like this wouldn't start... more track time for us!
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #17
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Would this be every friday? I wanted to start drifting. I always went drag racing and road racing.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #18
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I thought fridays were $150? 6/24 was free....
Old 06-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #19
gbond15
Leaky Injector

gbond15 will become famous soon enoughgbond15 will become famous soon enoughgbond15 will become famous soon enoughgbond15 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I thought fridays were $150? 6/24 was free....
every friday is open test day for $150, 6/24 was the only free test day. i would have come out but i already wasted my tires there the 2 weekends ago. Im glad you guys went out and had fun.
gbond15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:04 PM   #20
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

^hella...You still shoulda come out... Hella fun.... I might hit up a friday event sometime soon.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #21
quach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
quach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
weird, i just watched the video, did they grid you guys in the middle of big bank?
quach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:16 AM   #22
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

yea...what video?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:46 AM   #23
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yo DJ, so every friday is like a drift day for 150? When does it start?
slider2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:00 AM   #24
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

yea every friday that no other race events are going on. You can call altamont raceway or check on there website to see. I'm not sure what time it starts, but I would assume 9 am, but give them a call to be sure. I was skeptical about the track being worth $150, and the altamont staff ect, but its DEFINATLY worth $150. The inner oval is a fuckin blast. I didnt even get to try the road course, but the miatas looked like they were having a fuckin blast. I gotta say Altamont FTW......Local track cool people right price.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 AM   #25
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Quote:
yea every friday that no other race events are going on. You can call altamont raceway or check on there website to see. I'm not sure what time it starts, but I would assume 9 am, but give them a call to be sure. I was skeptical about the track being worth $150, and the altamont staff ect, but its DEFINATLY worth $150. The inner oval is a fuckin blast. I didnt even get to try the road course, but the miatas looked like they were having a fuckin blast. I gotta say Altamont FTW......Local track cool people right price.
It's good to see that some people are coming to their senses about paying what the track is worth! I just wish I had a car to take out there and test myself!!! See everyone on the 6th!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #26
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

^Yea I cant really afford to pay what its worth right now....But it is worth it for sure.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #27
quach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
quach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
yea...what video?
jy116 posted it up in his post.
quach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #28
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

^ohhh.....totally missed that one.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #29
tbowzer
Zilvia Member

tbowzer can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to tbowzer
altamont drift fridays are 2-8pm, $150 per car.
tbowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #30
adrift707

adrift707 is on a distinguished road
Oh I wanna go I wanna go I wanna go!!!! My 91 Project FC will be running soon and I'll have a straight car to drive again...after that I'll be out there once more. I know FC in a 240 forum :/ , but hey we all like driving, and I like 240s too. Man I'm super jealous of the free track day. I gotta hit up one of these friday events.
adrift707 is offline   Reply With Quote