Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
awgdawg

Trader Rating: (0)
awgdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First build. Second 240sx.

I'm 19 and I finally got a 240sx. This is my first build Ive done myself. I did auto tech in high school so I had some sort of idea of what I was doing. Its been a long wait and Im still waiting to actually drive it regularly due to my inspection (theres no safety switch on the clutch) and the fact I wont have my license till november (cops are real assholes around here ). I wont be driving it for long though since the winters in Pa are a bitch. Ive waited almost 5 years to get a 240sx. I would have gotten one for my first car but thats not such a wise choice living in Pa so I got an eg coupe . So after working several shitty jobs I finally had enough to buy this:

Talked him down from 1700 to 1300. But I had to drive 2 hours away.

Unfortunately it was a salvage certificate car and the quarter panel was destroyed but it had some nice parts on it. The ka was strong and the tranny shifted smooth. It came with some adjustable coilovers, decent wheels, grant gt steering wheel, cai and a welded diff. Did I mention I had to drive it home? A sheriff actually passed me. What a nervracking drive

Picked up some 17in maxima wheels with 215/40/17 falken tires with about 100 miles on them all for $100

I decided it would be better to just swap everything over to a shell so I picked this baby up for $700

Only 100k miles some nicks with a little surface rust nothing that cant be puttied but im not worried about em. Blown ka with an auto transmission and 3 in catback. Original sapphire blue paint(;

here it is with the low

yankin and pullin

This is how you bleed a clutch by yourself

This is how it sits now after an experimental paint job on the whole front of the car.

It could have definitely used another coat or 2 and another coat or 2 of clear but its better than what it was i might try just buffing it to shine it up or i might do some 2000grit sanding. We would have put more on but we ran out of daylight and we had to wait for the people that were parked in the parking lot to leave.

I did this whole thing by myself in a parking lot whos owner was on my shit for doing the swap in his parking lot haha
awgdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Charzilla
Leaky Injector

Charzilla is a well-known jackass
haha nice clutch bleed!!
Charzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
awgdawg

awgdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
haha thanks. Ive actually considered measuring the 2x4 and making a thread to help those who dont have friends interested with helping them with their car like my friends haha
awgdawg is offline   Reply With Quote