Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Coupe Rd. 2: FIGHT!

Be forewarned; I had to screenshot most of my content from my instagram. I didn't have time to be a fuckboi and edit fancy pics and write fucking articles about the art of building cars. Go read that chichi bhoy shit on stance nerds, speed humpers, or wherever else you get your fix.

Quick recap; had this for a few years, tracked it twice. Once with a shitty s13 sr, and another with my current s15 sr in it. Didn't bother updating that thread because fuck that nasty car.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...e+build&page=3

That shell was a throw-away, so I had my eyes open for a suitable replacement. Anything was fine as long as it had less rust than that, non-sunroof, full interior. This showed up on a page for local s-chassis owners, put a deposit on it as soon as I saw it even though it had a rumpled passenger door and lower pass rocker area.

Put a deposit on it, took home the title along with these;

The car had/came with:
Good KA-DE,
s14 5lug (obvi),
Full set of 16x8 Starion wheels
Q45 front brakes
S15 HLSD
Gen-3 Fortune Auto 500 Coils (one leaked)
Sil-front with that sweet hood (no idea what it is)
Boxes of spare parts (including Nismo 720cc injectors)

I transferred what I could to my old car, sold the rest.

Went and bought these jams. +30mm Origin Tatakadashi rears.

Fitted up the new suspension. Ended up getting new BC Racing coils since Fortune Auto wouldn't service the Gen-3's that came on the car(two generations old). Also mocked up the corners and headlights. Engine bay got painted slate gray, then I fitted up the HMIC for my SR. BRICK SQUAADDD

Got a burst of motivation and had it like this by nightfall.

Drove it around all winter looking ugly as shit. So much bondo on the "repair" that the previous owner spent $500 on. I put a non-rumpled door on it, and there was so much bondo that the door couldn't close.

At least one side is pretty-ish.

Trendy pics for the nerds and dicklickers.

Got my Origin +20mm fronts painted by my best friend. Rocked it like this for a few weeks.

Had my wheels re-done by Neutron Coatings as soon as it got warm outside. Neon Yellow for that retinal burn! (another angle of the botched body job.)

Pre-Touge string alignment Circa 1999, Goshen Prefecture, JPN.

I finally went insane and chopped the rear quarters for the Origin overs. Can't get to -.5* of camber with stock metal and 17x9 et 17 wheels.
Grippier alignment & better tire consumption > OEM metal. Found a 1/2" of bondo in some spots.

That job sucked, but we prevailed. Repairing that nasty side was the worst of it.

Decided that this is the season I will buy new tires to drift on. Wanted to give the Achilles ATR's a shot, ordered a bunch. One pair of fronts and one pair of rears pictured, still have 3 more pairs of rears. The remainder of the tires came in throughout the week.

FREAKSHOW
Getting this heap ready for paint. I had a two day drift event 4 days after this pic was taken.

A week of late nights netted this, a fully kitted and painted car for the event.

Media loved the car, and so do I. All we had to do on the race weekend was change wheels, a quick re-bleed of the brakes, and adjusting tire pressures. My friends and I did a great job with this one.

Pics from Day 1 with RSD @ Poconos Fan Fair Shakedown (skidpad)

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 05-30-2015 at 08:44 AM..
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #2
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Pics from Day 2, Import Expo Drift Demo @ Poconos North Course (4th gear 90 mph+ entries).

Spectator clip of the tandem between me and Mike Perez here:

http://wsvaco.tumblr.com/post/118814...reat/embed#_=_

Here is the current list of shit on the car as it sits in my driveway.

Driveline:

S15 Silvia Spec-R SR20DET
Exedy Stg 2 Clutch
Lightened OEM Flywheel
Tomei Turbine Outlet
LS2 Coil Pack Conversion
ISPF Oil Pan
Hoitsma's Harnesses PRO Conversion Harness
Nismo Engine and Transmission Mounts
Gt2560rs @ 10 lbs
Turbosmart Boost Controller
Spec R Ecu
Function Motorsports High Mount Intercooler
Function Motorsports Coolant Burp Tank
Gk-Tech Eccentric Throttle Pulley

Fuel:

Walbro 255 Lph
Pump 93 for DD use
MS 97 for track use
OEM 440cc injectors

Suspension:

Function Motorsports Front Lower Control Arms
ISPF Tension Rods
Parts Shop MAX Inner Tie Rods
Circuit Sports Outer Tie Rods
BC Racing Type BR Coilovers
Swift Springs 8k front, 6k rear
MoonFace Roll Center Corrected Front Ball Joints (ordered)
J30 Rear Sway Bar
Energy Suspension Bushings
SPL Solid Subframe Risers
ISPF Rear Control Arm Kit

Brakes:

Braided Stainless Brake Lines
Q45 Front Calipers
Stop Tech Slotted Rotors
Porterfield R4-S Pads

Rebuilt OEM Rear Calipers
Circuit Sports Rotors
Hawk HP + Pads
Gk-Tech Extended E-brake Actuators

Exterior:

Silvia Front End
Origin Labs Hood (?)
Origin Labs 20mm Front Fenders
Origin Labs 30mm Tatakadashi Rear Fenders
KQ's Front Bumper with Piggy Lip
BRICKS
G-Grow Side Skirts
JDM Rear Valances

Interior:

Innovate LC2 Wideband Controller and Gauge
x2 Parts Shop Max EVDM
350mm Key!s Racing Semicone Steering Wheel
Sparco Steering Hub
D-Max Quick Release
Tomei Duracon Shift Knob
Nagisa Auto Seat rails
Genuine Sparco Evo II US
GK-Tech Ebrake Button
Isspro Boost Gauge
S14 Seatbelt Retrofit
RaceQuip 5lb Extinguisher

Wheel & Tire

Front:
ATR Sport 2 (225/45/17)
DR-31 17x9 +17

Rear:
ATR Sport (225/45/17)
DR-31 17x9 +17

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 12-12-2017 at 02:24 PM..
Old 05-20-2015, 07:38 AM   #3
CLM_s13Type-x
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
CLM_s13Type-x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice build man keep it up! I see your using the GK tech ebrake extended actuators, do you get good lockup performance out of those? just wondering im building a hatch right now and ive installed those but haven't drove the car yet.
CLM_s13Type-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Did you do the LS coil pack conversion yourself? Been looking for someone to make me a plug&play harness.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ls coils with that turbo on a stock ecu. How's that working out with you?
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
gm coils work fine on the stock ecu.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #7
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Did you do the LS coil pack conversion yourself? Been looking for someone to make me a plug&play harness.
we spoke about that once before, you didn't get back to me about it lol
Old 05-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #8
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
Ls coils with that turbo on a stock ecu. How's that working out with you?
Great, actually. I don't see how that turbo will affect spark, or anything else for that matter especially since that's what comes stock on my engine (S15 Spec-R SR20DET).

Also, the GM coil packs have internal ignitors just like the s15 sr ones. We can't get replacement s15 sr coil packs here in the US.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:37 PM   #9
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLM_s13Type-x View Post
Nice build man keep it up! I see your using the GK tech ebrake extended actuators, do you get good lockup performance out of those? just wondering im building a hatch right now and ive installed those but haven't drove the car yet.
IThe GK-Tech actuators allow for better modulation and better feel from the hand brake. Keep in mind that you will have more range of movement out of the handle.

As far as lock up "performance", it REALLY depends on the kind of pads you run.

I run Hawk HP+ pads in the rear of my s13 when I'm at the track, and the pads aren't so great when they're stone cold. But after a few yanks, they come to life and lock the rears with little effort.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:03 AM   #10
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I installed the gktech hand brake extenders on mine and love them. Much easier to lock them up, and i'm still on the original 25 year old pads lol.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:47 PM   #11
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
buddy of mine used to own this car. How are the taillights holding up? I did the red candy/refinish on them.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #12
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Love that blue color the car had when you bought it
TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #13
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
gnar

what exhaust/muffler are you running? looks nice
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #14
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
buddy of mine used to own this car. How are the taillights holding up? I did the red candy/refinish on them.
Clear is starting to peel, but thats easy enough to fix.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:52 PM   #15
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Eight View Post
gnar

what exhaust/muffler are you running? looks nice
Thanks! It's an Isis Performance MBSE cat-back.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:38 PM   #16
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

More media popping up from the 9th.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 06-01-2015 at 09:08 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #17
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveAM View Post
Love that blue color the car had when you bought it
It was already green when I bought it, but it was Tk3 out of the factory! You can still see it in the car at the trans tunnel and stuff.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #18
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

FNDP at Englishtown. Excited as fuckk, had a great time.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 12-09-2015 at 02:33 PM..
Old 12-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #19
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Back at Pocono for the East Course with Ready Set Drift

Old 12-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #20
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Went off track towards the end of the day, smacked the back side of the track curb..

Blew a chunk off the face of my wheel (still held air all the way to the pits)

Chunk of said wheel bounced off the ground and ripped my stainless brake line

Bent PBM tie rod 45* and the ISR Tension rod 60 degrees.

Pics to come in a few!
Old 12-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #21
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Got my interior cleaned of all the dirt!

Old 01-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #22
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

I'm entertaining offers on the car... I want to keep it, but after I finish my next car, I won't really use it much. I'm probably going to regret this.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 02-11-2016 at 09:47 PM..
Old 09-30-2017, 11:58 PM   #23
kneeecoo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kneeecoo is making a name for him/her selfkneeecoo is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wanna sell that hood if you still have the car? I can trade you a oem style carbon plus cash
kneeecoo is offline   Reply With Quote