Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
chris2jzgte

Trader Rating: (0)
chris2jzgte is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 best 240sx 2jz engine mounts

hi guys im ready to drop my 2jzgte into my 240sx s14 i just dont know what engine mounts to buy i need a little advise from you 2jz swapped guys the tech2 swap kit is to much money for me so for that reason im not interested on it, i was going to go with the zerolift, but now im leaning more towards the TDF "turbo dave fabrication" engine mounts but then i havent seen there design so im not sure,theres also the Ksracing from thailand and the ebay kit but since i haven't seen anybody use them i dont want to risk it.thanks guys
chris2jzgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
SnakeKack
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
SnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SnakeKack
Tech2 to me honestly seems like a good deal for all you get. And I've seen the Zerolift mounts used. It's worth it to tuck the money aside for something that is gonna work right. Unless you are good at fabricating and want to take a stab at your own mounts.
SnakeKack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
chris2jzgte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeKack View Post
Tech2 to me honestly seems like a good deal for all you get. And I've seen the Zerolift mounts used. It's worth it to tuck the money aside for something that is gonna work right. Unless you are good at fabricating and want to take a stab at your own mounts.
Were can i buy the zerolift I've looked in there website but they don't have them. I would buy the tech2 if i had $1500 but i don't so i need something cheaper. I already have the driveshaft and shifter extension all i need is the engine and trans mounts
Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
Dunkz
Leaky Injector

Dunkz is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd stay well clear of ksracing, they used to be called k-conversions. A friend of mine bought the e36-jz conversion kit, here's a picture of the gearbox mount:

Old 09-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
chris2jzgte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkz View Post
I'd stay well clear of ksracing, they used to be called k-conversions. A friend of mine bought the e36-jz conversion kit, here's a picture of the gearbox mount:

I had read somewhere else that the ksracing kit was crap .i emailed TDF and asked them if they could send me pics of their custom 240sx jz steel mounts and they said no because there's alot of copycats out there so i don't want to pay for something that i don't know wat it looks like or if its even worth it
Old 09-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Prove It is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
there is no way a product was shipped like that...if so that company needs to GTFO...anyways honestly i would do ebay mounts, and go to a driveshaft shop and get one made for 200 bucks. as for shifter extension thats the only thing you would be buying from tech 2. unless you can weld and fab.
Prove It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
AceUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
done plenty of swaps with ebay brackets. no issues whats so ever. however i do replace the rubber with solid mounts on the engine
Old 09-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
Dunkz
Leaky Injector

Dunkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prove It View Post
there is no way a product was shipped like that...if so that company needs to GTFO
I can guarantee you thats what was sent out. The company also supplied the 1jz that went into the car as well. needless to say the project was eventually abandoned as everything was so fucked. The engine had no compression on number 5 was one of the main things I can remember.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have Zerolift mounts.

No complaints yet. It's been a year.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
chris2jzgte

how does the engine and trans sit with the ebay brakets, and wat mounts do you use?
Old 09-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
chris2jzgte

were did you buy your zerolift brakets, how does the engine/trans sit, wat engine mounts are you using how is the quality?
Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
WV_SR20
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
WV_SR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2jzgte View Post
were did you buy your zerolift brakets, how does the engine/trans sit, wat engine mounts are you using how is the quality?
call zerolift and talk to robert...if you can get them to answer their damn phone
WV_SR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
lilrussian
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
lilrussian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_SR20 View Post
call zerolift and talk to robert...if you can get them to answer their damn phone
Haha, it was a pain when I was dealing with my RB20
Their busy but they do everything they can for ya!
lilrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #14
pandaroo
Zilvia Member

pandaroo is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the zerolift mounts and they line the motor up nicely.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Look at my blog in the link in my sig for engine bay pics. With a JZX90 transmission the shifter sits about a half inch forward from stock - not really a big deal.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #16
chris2jzgte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
i got the zerolift mounts and they line the motor up nicely.
Wat engine mounts are you using with the zerolift brackets
Old 09-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #17
chris2jzgte

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Look at my blog in the link in my sig for engine bay pics. With a JZX90 transmission the shifter sits about a half inch forward from stock - not really a big deal.
Im using the jdm soarer r154 from the 1jz with the tripod shifter ,so i don't need to cut the shifter whole correct, shifter won't hit?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #18
1j240sx

1j240sx is making his/her stupidity well-known1j240sx is making his/her stupidity well-known1j240sx is making his/her stupidity well-known1j240sx is making his/her stupidity well-known1j240sx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Im runnin the ebay ones. There actually very nice quality. My buddy runs same ones on 800hp 2j s13.
1j240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #19
pandaroo
Zilvia Member

pandaroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Wat engine mounts are you using with the zerolift brackets
im using driftfreaks mounts. they actually lower the engine a little bit and since the studs are offset it allows you to position the engine forwards or backwards by rotating them. very sweet mounts! especially if your doing an engine swap for fine tuning.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #20
chris2jzgte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1j240sx View Post
Im runnin the ebay ones. There actually very nice quality. My buddy runs same ones on 800hp 2j s13.
How does the engine and trans sit with the eBay kit, does it sit straight. Wat engine mounts are you using
Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #21
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
AceUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

ebay brackets with simple solid chunk aluminum mounts in the front. stock rubber mount on the trans. u can use sr/ka rubber mounts or sr/ka solid ones. motor sits straight. S14pit uses them as well on his 1j.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
I've used Tech2 mounts for about 3 years now. no real complaints. some people say the motor looks like it sits crooked. i do believe one of the OE motor mounts are on their way out do to a sound coming from them.

other then that they are good. Are they noticably better then the "ebay" ones? dont think so but to each their own.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #23
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
check this thread out Bro

http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/3841...is-thread.html
Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #24
chris2jzgte

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalyS View Post

ebay brackets with simple solid chunk aluminum mounts in the front. stock rubber mount on the trans. u can use sr/ka rubber mounts or sr/ka solid ones. motor sits straight. S14pit uses them as well on his 1j.
how long have you had the ebay mounts for,how much HP are you putting down i think im going with the ebay since there the cheapest i can find .
Old 10-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #25
rswails
Leaky Injector

rswails is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm running aristo 2jz gte VVTi with stock twin turbo setup in S14 with stock oem isolators.

I went with these ebay mounts because they said they were made in usa. They mounted ok to the block but you do have to remove the intake support bracket for the intake side of block. For the exhaust side of the block, it bolts right on without removing anything. As for engine bay fitment, I'll have to update this later since its not installed in car yet.

The rectangular mount goes on exhaust side, and the more square mount goes on intake side using same hole that the intake bracket uses. There are no instructions which sucks cause i wasted a lot of time not realizing I had to remove intake support bracket NOT exhaust bracket like some people told me. Also I emailed the ebay seller for help on how the mounts fit and he was zero help. He just offered me a refund 3 days later.

rswails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #26
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswails View Post
I'm running aristo 2jz gte VVTi with stock twin turbo setup in S14 with stock oem isolators.

I went with these ebay mounts because they said they were made in usa. They mounted ok to the block but you do have to remove the intake support bracket for the intake side of block. For the exhaust side of the block, it bolts right on without removing anything. As for engine bay fitment, I'll have to update this later since its not installed in car yet.

The rectangular mount goes on exhaust side, and the more square mount goes on intake side using same hole that the intake bracket uses. There are no instructions which sucks cause i wasted a lot of time not realizing I had to remove intake support bracket NOT exhaust bracket like some people told me. Also I emailed the ebay seller for help on how the mounts fit and he was zero help. He just offered me a refund 3 days later.

How much did you pay for those?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #27
rswails
Leaky Injector

$160 shipped.

S13 s14 Swap Supra 1jzgte 1JZ GTE 2JZGTE 2jz GTE Engine Motor Mount Bracket | eBay
Old 10-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #28
slideways40

slideways40 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have ebay mounts and they work great! solid motor mounts and stock rubber r-154 trans mount
slideways40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #29
rswails
Leaky Injector

wtf? You are in lexington and I'm downtown Columbia. Didn't know there were any 2jz 240's fans in cola. That's awesome man we gotta meet up sometime! I'm in process of putting mine in right now. I'm doing aristo vvti and sticking with stock twins.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #30
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways40 View Post
i have ebay mounts and they work great! solid motor mounts and stock rubber r-154 trans mount
How tall are your solid mounts? Brand?