Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
swpdwgn
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
swpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to swpdwgn
******s13 SR into S14 problem**********

Hey guys i'm almost completed with my s13 redtop into my 95 zenki. The car starts up fine and everything works but.... it only runs on cylinders 1 and 2. 3 and 4 have spark and fuel but they aren't firing. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems?? We are stumped and possibly think it's the spark timing. Either the plugs are firing too soon or too late..?

HELP please!
swpdwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
check the wiring on the plug sub harness. Sound's like you got things backwards somewhere. Check to see if any of the tops of the coil packs are getting hot, like burning hot. If so you probably did like me and had positive power going into your ground.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
swpdwgn
Leaky Injector

swpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her self
alright i'll check the plug sub harness but i don't believe any of the coil packs are getting hot on the top.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
swpdwgn
Leaky Injector

does anyone have a wiring diagram for a s13 sr into an s14? i used the one from driftingisgay.com but wanted to see if there are any more out there? what diagram have you guys used to do this swap?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Simone : My 1996 240sx: Converting an S13 SR20 Redtop Harness to fit a 1996 240sx

everything you need is there.