Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Gauging interest: Aluminum Brake Resivoirs to combat melting.

Starting to gauge interest in maybe getting some aluminum brake reservoirs made. I messaged a company about making some as they currently make some for another platform. They asked if I could maybe get 10-15 people, the ROUGH cost per unit would be $200 to start. I understand many people just run heat shields, and are fine with that. This is just another alternative.

Im also unsure whether s-chassis and z chassis reservoirs are the same, but this would be for Z resi's to start.

Last edited by tuzzio; 01-04-2017 at 08:59 AM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2017, 08:18 AM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Will this lead to greater heat transfer to brake fluid and those more prone to boiling?
Old 01-04-2017, 08:58 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
It may. That I cannot personally comment on. Update:
Price looks to be $200 to start.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I have one question...

WHY???

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:26 AM   #5
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Well, in the thread title it says to combat melting.
Melting of the resi. You know, tracking, or drifting, the car. Like it gets warm, and causes a fire
Old 01-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can I just ask a quick question, would it be difficult to remote mount the reservoir like every single motorcycle or hot rod?
Old 01-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Can I just ask a quick question, would it be difficult to remote mount the reservoir like every single motorcycle or hot rod?
My thoughts exactly
Old 01-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #8
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Band aid for a bullet hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
I looked into to this a while ago, seems like good idea
Old 01-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #9
tuzzio
Post Whore!

update: includes a cap as well, and turn around would be about 8 weeks.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #10
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
$99, with free 3-5 day shipping

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/w...2697/overview/
Old 01-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #11
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
This will be a waste of money and time

Look into making a relocating kit like the comments mention that sounds like a better idea to me, only issue I see with that is it would have to obviously be at the same height or higher
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #12
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I put ice cubes in my brake fluid
Old 01-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #13
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
you are "solving" an issue by creating a new one (boiling the fluid easier).
Old 01-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #14
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This wouldn't be very hard to do. There are already billet adapters that snap right into the stock rubber seals where hose barbs can be fitted. Not sure how much of a market there will be for these as only a handful of people with giant top mount turbos that are absurdly close to the brake master will need them. Also, most of these hot rodders have remote reservoirs because of space constraints, not heat. If your reservoir is melting, chances are your master is super hot as well.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #15
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have a $30 shield that has been blocking heat from my turbo for 6 years...

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #16
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Haha too many fires at the track days, huh?
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #17
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Well, in the thread title it says to combat melting.
Melting of the resi. You know, tracking, or drifting, the car. Like it gets warm, and causes a fire
Or you could go to home depot and make a heat shield out of some sheet metal, heat wrap, remote mount reservoir...

If heat is your concern a metal reservoir that will transfer more heat to the brake fluid is straight backwards. You might prevent a fire, which honestly I've never heard of, but you also might lose you brakes mid-run. To solve the problem you need to control the heat that is getting to the reservoir in the first place.

Sorry guy, I don't see a point...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #18
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Old 01-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #19
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Awe man this thread has me rolling, I'm sitting at my desk laughing like a dumbass at work
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote