Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vipergtsr1000hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Milling 350Z Transmission Bellhousing Cost3

Hey guys,

I bought a Collins SR20 to 350Z transmission and have to mill the face of the bellhousing 14mm. Do you guys know how much it may cost?

Thanks!
vipergtsr1000hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
More than $100
Old 01-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #3
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
More than $100
Would you pay $250?
Old 01-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
cost me 120 when i had it done
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:38 AM   #5
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
200$can . So about 150$us max

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:42 AM   #6
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Dang... I brought it to a person who charges a flat rate of $50-60 an hour. He welded a couple of bov flanges for me for a good price and said he was able to mill the bellhousing in an hour or 2. Says he might bring it to a friend's machine since his will not be able to do it. Now he is charging me $250 since his friend had to do it. I didn't say anything back yet about the pricing so that when I go pick it up, I'll confront him why it is so much and why he never consulted me before doing the machining with that price. Also, the guy said he wasn't going to charge me for any of his time and just his friends which he says that his friend's machining would have been double the amount he charged me. So I am guessing $500 to mill the bellhousing??? WTF! I am going to talk to him today when I pick it up so any suggestions?
Old 01-06-2017, 04:37 AM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Mazworx charges 75 + shipping to and from for machining. Shipping would be about 50-60 big ways. Bell housing is pretty light
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:24 AM   #8
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Only reason I went to him because he is local and I would not have to wait long but it took him over 2 weeks. He said it will only take him a couple of days but he kept beating around the bush saying he was busy and shit.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:32 AM   #9
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
I am about to be in the same boat and if shipping turns out to not be uber expensive, I am going the Maxworz route. They have enough dedicated employees where the turn around time is only a few days.

Sorry, it's a bit late to utilize this advise however . You can always show him the Mazworx link if you want to cost compare.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:34 AM   #10
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Yea I just emailed Mazworx about the cost. I can't seem to find a listing for this service on their website.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:03 AM   #11
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Yep, the site may be a little tricky to navigate. I also cannot find it, but it is in the option list below

http://www.mazworx.com/store/p/166-M...apter-Kit.aspx

I am sure they will get back to you via email
Old 01-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #12
S-Verteen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
S-Verteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My cousin cnc machined mine works perfectly and we can do them for 100 plus shipping. Made room in my inbox feel free to message.
S-Verteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Eh. $250 isn't that bad.
you hafta consider setup time, plus their hourly rate aint cheap

of course its gonna be cheaper for some place like mazworx, that has done it dozens of times, and knows exactly what you're asking them to do, but a random machine shop considers it a custom job. doing ONE piece is literally the most expensive thing you can have a machine shop do. if you showed up and said "hey I need you to do 100 of these" I'm sure the rate would be much cheaper

the first one I had done was at a local machine shop and they charged me $180. they said they had to pack a shit ton of clay on it to get it to stop ringing/chattering too.

iirc maverick charges $80 plus actual shipping cost. (granted, it might be $50-60 each way)

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:38 AM   #14
MazworxUSA

MazworxUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Bellhousing machining is typically $80, but also depends on the adapter plate due to various designs. Typically if we're supplied with a blueprint or have done the adapter before we charge for 1 labor hour which is $80.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #15
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
200 out here in TX...
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #16
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Well I had to pay the $250. You are correct about the "custom work." The machine shop he brought it too struggled with it and took 4 hours to do it. $150 per hour. The guy who was suppose to do it originally was able to bring him down to $250 as he did work for them before. I was like wtf but when I look at the finish of the machining... it is horrible. There are a couple of "dings" too from the bit. They couldn't hold it still apparently. I will post pics up to show you guys.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #17
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Damn . Wish you came to us earlier as it seems there are a few options to get this done correctly
Old 01-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #18
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Yea man like I was really considering shipping it out to Mazworx or Maverick but he was local and said he can do it easily. When someone says that and looks at it in person and says HE can do it, why not let him do it?
Old 01-07-2017, 01:04 AM   #19
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
sucks to hear this, but good on you for giving them the benefit of the doubt and a chance. the odd shape makes it a tough job and i guess he just wasn't up to it.

delaying the job and bs'ing you is bad buisess. cut your losses, dont recommend them and dont go back.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote