Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Planted Low Seat Bracket?

I've been searching for some feedback on these and haven't been able to find much.

I'd like to know 2 things:

-Do they put the seat as low as the proven options (Bride FG, Nagisa)? As in bottom of seat on the floor. Can the side-mount brackets be flipped?

-Do they mount the seat far enough back for drivers over 6'? At least as far back as the stock seat can go, they don't seem to have much adjustment.

Car is an S13, seat is a Sparco Sprint V and I have the Sparco side-mount brackets if I need them.

Thanks!

Edit: I was able to find some good information on how these brackets place the seat, apparently lower than Bride and Nagisa. That makes sense since there is no sliding mechanism. http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...hlight=planted, posts 3 and 7. I would still appreciate any other feedback though.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2015, 12:18 AM   #2
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I have them, love them. Way lower than my old Bride brackets because of no slider as you mentioned.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #3
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Look into Wedge. I've used them in three cars now and I can't get a quarter under my seats.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:12 AM   #4
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm 6' and have around 6 inches from the top of my head to the headliner. I thought it was too low but I'm slowly getting used to it. Can barely see my hood, basically it feels like I am sitting on the floor.

My setup: Recaro TS-G and Nagisa Dual Lock Seat Rails, highest setting in the back and 2nd from bottom up front.

Also, the Recaro I have was designed to sit low but is made for Japan-sized people so it may not fit you. Recaro RS-G is the same but sits more upright than my TS-G. Highly recommend this seat or RS-G to anyone who has a 32" waist or below, beware the seat costs a decent amount of money.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
I have them, love them. Way lower than my old Bride brackets because of no slider as you mentioned.
Did you have the Bride FG rails? How tall are you? How far back do the Planted brackets place the seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Look into Wedge. I've used them in three cars now and I can't get a quarter under my seats.
Thanks! I'd never heard of those. I took a quick look but based on the design, they don't appear to place the seat low enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
My setup: Recaro TS-G and Nagisa Dual Lock Seat Rails, highest setting in the back and 2nd from bottom up front.
Thanks for the response. Nagisa rails are known to be the lowest, along with the FG's. However one rail is nearly $400 to my door. That's why I'm looking to see if the Planted brackets suit my needs.

One bad thing about the Planted brackets is that they don't appear to have a mounting provision for the belt buckle. However, on my previous custom seat mount, I was able to fasten the buckle to the rear seat mounting stud on the transmission tunnel. I will try this again provided the brackets do not obstruct anything.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I'm 6'0" but I'm ALL torso so I sit pretty high. I had Bride FG rails with a Bride Zeta III. Swapped to planted and it dropped the seat about 3/4".

You can go literally as far back as you want. There are just 2 pieces of metal that meet together and you have to drill where you want them to sit. Very custom, not adjustable.

http://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=5...&postcount=300
Old 01-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #7
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm pretty sure a single lock Nagisa rail can still go lower than this and retain the slider simply because with the individual brackets, you can flip the back ones underneath the rail and get super low. I have my rear Nagisa bracket flipped upside down under the seat rail and bolted at the then highest setting, which is still under the rail, and the front bracket also at the lowest setting but not flipped. Sets the seat leaning back super comfy and the seat touches the floor pan.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #8
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
6'6 280 planted seat rail with not sliders. angled to proper level for roll cage and harnes.. best set ever. was able to fit with a helmet with no problems.
Sleepiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #9
Sliduh

Sliduh is an unknown quantity at this point
These are the brackets I've used

I've had Bestop brackets for my seats for over 2 years now and they ride pretty low. The seat I got is the bride low max and it was a perfect fit. Something about underground brand names that just bring the quality. I found the link to it on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...332AD56OQ7DVOK
I actually bought it from ebay when I first got them but I can't find the link to that. Good luck mate.
Sliduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I have a set of planted seat brackets for sale if you're interested. Check out my threads for info.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:20 PM   #11
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
Reviving this. I have some questions in regards to the planted base mount or others like it (sparco makes them too).

So what I want to do is get a planted/sparco base, with sparco rails on top, and recaro side mounts with my SPG on top of that. The problem with the recaro SPG side mounts is that the rear mounting hole is placed so that the bottom of the seat is flush with the bottom of the side mount (L bracket). I realize that with other rails like that Bride FG, the seat can be mounted lower, between the rails.

So my question is this:, with the mentioned setup where the seat can't be any lower than the top of rails which are mounted on a flat base mount, will it be low at all? Lower than stock even? Im 5' 6" but I still want to sit lower than stock (S14). Has anyone had any experience with this?

Recaro SPG with recaro side mounts for reference:
Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #12
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

That setup isn't going to be low. Just get the Bride FG or Nagisa rails. Nagisa is now slightly higher due to a design change but still good. More info here: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=638880
Old 01-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #13
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
One thing I really don't like about the Bride rail is how much it leans back. My friend has one on his s14 (Bride seat) and even having it on a lower slot in the front it leans back too much.

EDIT:
And they're slightly off center from the wheel which is irritating.
Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #14
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Planted brackets suck. I bought a pair and none of the mounting holes lined up to two of my S13's and these cars were bone-stock. Without drilling ovals on the tabs, the holes were way off.

I would rather have Nagisa, Bride or Buddy Club.
MamangSorbetero is offline   Reply With Quote