Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #31
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wait a little bit. The only reason I say this is that Tomei just announced a full turbo kit for the ka. This will most likely be a better route than piecing together your own kit. If you can stand waiting to bolt on a kit like that and go ka24det, I say do it. IMO, dont waste your time with superchargers. These engines can take higher boost, it doesnt make sense to limit yourself with an expensive -and not very cost effective in terms of power gain- solution. This is my 2 cents on your question. However, this forum is almost a decade and a half old. The cars are getting to be almost 3 decades old. There really arent any new questions that need answering. Please search, and do what most of us did and come to your own conclusions from researching the massive wealth of information that is held here. Zilvia is a great forum, but you wont have a good time asking questions to which there are already plenty of answers. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2017, 02:17 PM   #32
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I'm a dude, medium build. 165lbs. Which is better to go with? Hamburger or burrito? I wanna eat it, but also enjoy great taste.

another huge detail...
burrito
/thread

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #33
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
I'm a dude, medium build. 165lbs. Which is better to go with? Hamburger or burrito? I wanna eat it, but also enjoy great taste.
both, go to del taco!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 01-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #34
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Buy a bmw
Old 01-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #35
zach3904

Trader Rating: (0)
zach3904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
search noob.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #36
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
1. buy a daily so you're not relying on somebody else's car like a dickhead
2. stock SR20, leave it alone, plenty of fun
Old 01-17-2017, 12:18 AM   #37
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
^^ agreed!

Old 01-17-2017, 07:56 AM   #38
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If supercharging was worth it or even comparable to turbocharging a stock KA, you would see it much, much more often.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #39
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
turbo obviously
Old 01-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #40
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
reliable 240?

1) that's never going to happen. I don't know ANY PERSON that has a reliable 240/Silvia/S-chassis. I know some that break LESS. I know none that are "reliable".

It doesn't matter what kind of project car you have, it should never be your daily. If you've got 4k, use some of that to get something to kick around in like an adult. Then, you can start our journey into owning a 240. Get a swear jar. If you do your own work, invest in band-aid brand. If you're a drinker, always keep a bottle of whiskey in the trunk. It'll ease the pain when you realize what you're getting yourself into.

All that aside, I don't personally know of anyone who's ever supercharged a KA. I know they exist because of the internet, but I've never seen it. Go turbo. If you're not trying to chase down Lambos or something, you can still have a very fun "reasonably reliable" car. I mean, it'll still break at the most un-opportune times because that's what 240's do. But, it's like having a hot girlfriend that farts a lot. Eventually, you just learn to deal with it.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #41
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
reliable 240?

1) that's never going to happen. I don't know ANY PERSON that has a reliable 240/Silvia/S-chassis. I know some that break LESS. I know none that are "reliable".

It doesn't matter what kind of project car you have, it should never be your daily. If you've got 4k, use some of that to get something to kick around in like an adult. Then, you can start our journey into owning a 240. Get a swear jar. If you do your own work, invest in band-aid brand. If you're a drinker, always keep a bottle of whiskey in the trunk. It'll ease the pain when you realize what you're getting yourself into.

All that aside, I don't personally know of anyone who's ever supercharged a KA. I know they exist because of the internet, but I've never seen it. Go turbo. If you're not trying to chase down Lambos or something, you can still have a very fun "reasonably reliable" car. I mean, it'll still break at the most un-opportune times because that's what 240's do. But, it's like having a hot girlfriend that farts a lot. Eventually, you just learn to deal with it.
sooo...are you saying he should go with a burrito?
Old 01-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #42
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

honestly, all of my 240s have been insanely reliable... but then again, ive always taken care of them!!! i daily drove my current S13 hatch for almost 5 years with minimal problems... outside of having to replace/fix steel braided lines and random old bits here and there as i went along, my current hatch has been DAMN reliable!

now keep in mind, ive dumped close to $10,000 into the pain in the ass and shes STILL not done... and that money has gone toward very few go fast bits. most of it has been replacing broken parts, restoring damn near every aspect of the car, fixing worn out parts etc etc. there a few go fast bits here and there, but ive built everything with reliability in mind!

now, after buying a daily driver again... i would NEVER dream of owning an S-Chassis again without a daily beater seeing i dont have to worry about the S13 getting stolen, parking garages or cops eye balling me.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #43
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
sooo...are you saying he should go with a burrito?
how did you not catch the del taco comment... get a burrito AND a bacon cheese burger in the same place! lol

Old 01-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #44
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
The only dependable 240 I've owned was my first 97. Then again, I bought it when it was 3 years old and had 38k miles. Drove it for 9 years. Changed an o2 sensor and timing chain cover gasket. And that was after driving it 100k miles.
I don't trust the one I have now one bit after 200k miles, multiple owners, and 20 years.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #45
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
thread turning into s-chassis reliability thread in 3, 2, 1....
Old 01-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #46
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Why not. It's not like it was derailed within 4 posts anyway.

If you're determined to keep the ka, go turbo. But make sure the engine is healthy first or you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #47
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The way I would turbo a ka24de would be as followed.

Remove the ka24de and scrap it...

Insert Sr20det and keep it stock.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #48
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
My s13 is one of the most reliable cars I've owned. Take care of your shit properly and there's no reason it should be unreliable
Closed Thread