Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #31
TOVI
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TOVI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Just so you guys know as well enthalpy offers rom tuned z32 plugnplay ecu's for rb25's just like they do for sr20's and ka's. I know its not on their site or posted anywhere but if you email martin he'll be more than happy to set you up with one. Im currently running my rb25 gt3076r setup on an enthalpy tuned z32 ecu and its awesome.
Do you have any horsepower numbers on the enthalpy tune?
TOVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
username
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
username is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I didnt get a print out from him as he was in a rush to get another car on the dyno. Car made 360whp on 14psi on a mustang dyno through a 2.75" exhaust. Since then i've added a 3" and notice it pulls slightly better.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #33
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Username, what other mods have you done?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #34
username
Zilvia Member

setup is as follow:
stock internals
arp headstuds
oem headgasket
gt3076r
550cc injectors
38mm tial wastegate
Isis maifold
q45 throttle body
Ceramic coated exhaust manifold/downpipe/wastegate dump

Running the Raw Brokerage turbo setup with their modded stock manifold.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #35
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Dear baby Jesus that is beautiful man!!
Is that 26 valve covers, cam cover, and coil pack covers? Or I that noob and that is a 26 w/ 25 exhaust mani? Nonetheless, looks beautiful.
2.5T_/<ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #36
username
Zilvia Member

Haha thanks man. It's just 26 covers on a 25
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #37
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
RB ddfadas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.5T_/<ouki View Post
Dear baby Jesus that is beautiful man!!
Is that 26 valve covers, cam cover, and coil pack covers? Or I that noob and that is a 26 w/ 25 exhaust mani? Nonetheless, looks beautiful.
HAHA, No ITBS and injectors. Gives it away. But dude i have a nistune that has rb25 base maps loaded and set for a z32 ecu. I'm affraid to try it out until i can get it tuned. How is the car running overall without a tune? Idle ok? etc.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #38
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Damn, how you like that setup?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #39
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
HAHA, No ITBS and injectors. Gives it away. But dude i have a nistune that has rb25 base maps loaded and set for a z32 ecu. I'm affraid to try it out until i can get it tuned. How is the car running overall without a tune? Idle ok? etc.
Haha, dude I was afraid to put it in till I got a tune also but I was just like what the heck! Put it in and it started right up without any hiccups or hesitation. Took it for a drive and its night and day difference! Pulls like a monster! Idle is perfect as well. I'm running a z32 ECU, NIStune type 2 w/ RB25 base map (stock). I like it so much better that I left the ECU in .

I'm thinking because the rb25 ECU can only see 7psi, anymore and it pulls timing. I'm not sure about the z32 ECU and psi but I'm thinking it doesn't pull timing at a certain psi!
2.5T_/<ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #40
username
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Damn, how you like that setup?
If you're asking me I love it. Super responsive and fast spool. I'm kinda still up in the air about picking up a set of poncams for a little more midrange but my 8k redline is kind making me worry as far as going bigger than stock.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #41
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=2.5T_/

Fuck im such an idiot!!! I was sick whole week and typed ECU but meant to say Z32 MAF. Changed the answer completely but i guess thats a good example of why terminology and proper communication goes hand in hand. Im really curious now to try that thing out. But first ill get my wideband fixed so at least i know my afrs. I will definitely report back with results once i know. Btw you got a wideband? If so how are the afrs?
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #42
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I wonder if I can slap a GT35 under the stock manifold...but 360whp on a GT3076 on a T3 flange, that seems kinda low doesnt it? You tried cranking the boost up more? Figured you should be able to push it up to 20-22 psi with no issue, assuming you wont be spiking.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #43
username
Zilvia Member

Yeah it's only on 14psi. It's plenty for now with the local drift tracks. If I wanted I see no problem in cranking it up to 22psi but for now 14 psi is a good power level for the driving I do. It's a nice conservative tune that leaves a lot of room to go higher if I choose to.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:55 PM   #44
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Allow me to revive this thread.
I have a question and I think it fits perfectly on this thread: what exactly makes a nistuned z32 ECU make an rb25det run better than it does with it's original ECU when they both have the same maps loaded into them? Is it the fact that with the nistuned z32 ECU you get to upgrade to a less shitty maf than the n60 maf, preventing the ecu from getting an excessive maf reading and going into R&R mode? Because if Im understanding this right, both fuel and ignition maps stay the same, correct? and that includes the knock maps, which is also another big deal with the rb25.
I also have nistune on my daily rb25 240, but it's not a stock engine, so that's a different story. I do have another 240 with a stock rb25 on the works right, and having gone through the whole finicky rb25 stock ecu deal, I am considering getting nistune with the stock map for this one too.
Can someone experienced with nistune explain this to me?