Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-30-2022, 02:33 PM   #31
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Anyone mind if I change the threads title to "2020's Coilover Comparison Guide"? seeing as any previous guide on Zilvia is now 100% out of date.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2022, 06:46 PM   #32
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I don't see why not.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:56 AM   #33
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Anyone mind if I change the threads title to "2020's Coilover Comparison Guide"? seeing as any previous guide on Zilvia is now 100% out of date.
Not my thread but, I think we can all agree that thread title is more appropriate for the discussion.

Every winter I say i'm going to buy new coilovers and never do (I think this winter was year #5). I'll be honest Lennon. I'm intrigued by your coil overs because I respect your opinion and believe you're giving your honest opinion, especially after marketing another brand and then venturing off on your own. But the skeptic in me would love to see the review of them from other(s) before potentially making a purchase. Hope I'm not coming off negatively as that is not my intention, I just think coil overs are subjective. I'll use PBM as an example. Seems to be a 50:50 divide on them. 50% of people say they're the best coil over on the planet, and 50% say they're the worst riding coil over on the planet.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:22 AM   #34
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
But the skeptic in me would love to see the review of them from other(s) before potentially making a purchase.
currently have 2 sets on order going out to customers in a month or so. the first set of prototypes is now owned by a younger dude im friends with here in Vegas. its gonna take a while for reviews on them to come out due to being a new product that is higher up in the price range in my product line up. im trying to get an older s-chassis owner (like yourself) to pick up a set as i need someone with experience to test them out and judge them (plus post a review).

and as i stated (and agree with you on), coilovers are subjective to the people who run them. i know what i like in a coilover now, and mine make me happy. the opinion may be totally different to say a younger guy whos running a KA making 140hp and needs a stiffer setup because of the lower HP, or thinks that coilovers should be rock hard.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:48 AM   #35
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
since posting back in 2020... i got together with a small brand here in the US that primarily does Subaru offroad based coilovers to develop my own. took a little over a year to get them to where modern younger S-Chassis owners would approve, but im very happy with the results versus anything ive run in the past.

these are are my DorkiDori Street Spec coilovers. the main goal of them was to have a coilover that offered a more mature ride on the streets, but still offered the benefits of upgrading to coilovers.
Dude that is fucking awesome. You have your own line of coils!!! S14 coming soon I see. You should send a pair to Adam LZ and see if he will run them and give you a shout out.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:23 AM   #36
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
im trying to get an older s-chassis owner (like yourself) to pick up a set as i need someone with experience to test them out and judge them (plus post a review).
I'd be curious in potentially working something out, or at least hearing what you have to say (As always!). You know how to holla @ me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
You should send a pair to Adam LZ and see if he will run them and give you a shout out.
If this avenue doesn't work out, I'll call Jimmy and send him your way. Thats the homie.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:01 AM   #37
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Dude that is fucking awesome. You have your own line of coils!!! S14 coming soon I see.
Just need to get proper rear measurements for something that i know goes low. i hit up CrimsonRocket last night as hes got a set of Fortunes that will work for measurements. S14 coilovers will be a quick project now that the bulk of BS is ironed out with S13 coilovers (and S14 utilizes most of the same measurements and parts, outside of rear damper and cup length)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240
You should send a pair to Adam LZ and see if he will run them and give you a shout out.
Adam is more competition based (and Adam is hard to get a hold of, i havent talked to him in probably 6 months). Ill give Jimmy Oakes a buzz soon, i know hes always down to mess with my stuff and hes more into cruising with one of his S13s. right now just working on finishing all 3 large projects ive had going for a year. S13 coilovers, S13 V2 Hatch kit and getting my urethane parts back out. once these all wrap up, ill reach out to Jimmy.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:30 AM   #38
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Bringing this back,

Jeremy, did you ever make a purchase? If so, lets get a good review.
I ended up pulling the trigger on Fortune 500s with 8/6k Swifts back during their black friday sale! Brand new with Swifts and custom valved for 8/6k for $1,400 shipped was a fucking score. They're still in box in my bedroom and I am really excited to try them. May throw them on my "practice" (i.e. rarely street driven and not overly style-focused) drift car just because I'm eager to use them. These were purchased for my second 50/50 street/track stylish build that's currently coming together but probably won't see pavement till 2023...

Quote:

these are are my DorkiDori Street Spec coilovers. the main goal of them was to have a coilover that offered a more mature ride on the streets, but still offered the benefits of upgrading to coilovers.

my Street Specs handle uneven surfaces of street driving like a champ. they use a 20 way adjustable linear based damper and use 7/5kg springs (and come with a 3 year warranty). the coilovers are built here in the US utilizing parts sourced from Japan, Europe and the US. NO, these are not some cheap rebranded chinese made ebay specials. the configuration the manufacturer and i put together cannot be purchased from the manufacturer either... they are exclusive to my product line only.

i ran the first set of prototypes on my S13 for almost a year. i was beyond impressed with how well they handled certain roads that i normally travel down. i had gotten used to the jarring and very aggressively valved Yellowspeed Drift Specs. While the Drift Specs were a great and very responsive track based coilover... they were NOT ideal for street driving at all. after installing my DorkiDori Street Specs, i IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference just on the drive home. a much more compliant and mellow ride! the following weekend after install, i took them down a back road near my fiberglass manufacturers shop which was unbearable to drive on with my YS Drift Specs... i was blown away by how well my DD Street Specs handled this road. still a bit bumpy (spring rates mainly to blame), but NOTHING like id experienced with the Yellowspeeds.
Deleting a lot from your quote to not spam the thread's space. I am highly looking into the DD street specs for my *checks notes* third hatch that is a purely OEM-aero street cruising car. They seem to fit the bill well for this so when the time comes I will be looking to you. Piggybacking off what Steve said, I was the dude on reddit that asked for customer testimonials lol.

Thread name change is fine, I honestly didn't even notice.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote