Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2022, 12:11 PM   #1
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
nismodirect a legit site?

So looking for some parts and found https://nismodirect.com/. Prices are great even with shipping.

However, the site has no information about who or where they are and no direct contact info - just says "Tokyo Japan" and all the images are clearly just catalog cut and pasts.

I'm sure its a pass-thru operation - but still, normally there is some level of contact.

Anyone use them?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2022, 01:34 PM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I normally try to order something small from any place and if they come through, I'll try to use them again. I've been using nissanpartsdeal since they had most of what I needed in stock but the shipping sucks every time. like 15-20 dollars for a 10 dollar part.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:38 PM   #3
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I normally try to order something small from any place and if they come through, I'll try to use them again. I've been using nissanpartsdeal since they had most of what I needed in stock but the shipping sucks every time. like 15-20 dollars for a 10 dollar part.

Yeah, that's a dealer like NissanParts.cc and PartsForNissan.com

The latter far eclipsed NissanParts.cc years ago. NP.CC now just posts cringe click bait YT videos.
Old 04-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #4
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Does no one use courtesyparts anymore? I've always found them to be way cheaper than nissanparts.cc. When I was ordering all my rubber seals and stuff, I used courtesyparts, and for the same 1000 dollars wound up getting a bunch of other parts. Only time I'll use nissanparts.cc is when courtesy has is listed as unavailable and .cc can get it (like the hood's front rubber seal).
Old 04-08-2022, 10:30 PM   #5
Ken_Lee

Trader Rating: (0)
Ken_Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm a big fan of Amayama, my dollar seems to go the farthest there. You have to pay for shipping from Japan but there's way more parts available in Japan than USA. Most stuff under $100 seems to be half priced compared to US dealers or even some Japan dealers who sell worldwide so I usually stockpile on anything I can think of when I order to make the shipping worthwhile; rubber bumpers and bushings, cheap plastic pieces, anything that's still available essentially.
Ken_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:52 AM   #6
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
So looking for some parts and found https://nismodirect.com/. Prices are great even with shipping.
I wouldn't say great pricing.

For example, 55135-RS580 is rear upper arm for S13 as well as R32 and others.

They list it at JPY31600. Even using a 1=120 conversion rate (which most won't be able to get) it comes out to $263USD

BlackhawkJapan lists it for $208.41 + shipping.

RHDJapan lists it for JPY25399.

Nengun lists it for $219.82

For context, Nismo actual MSRP is JPY 27000.

yeah, great pricing... if you want your parts for higher than MSRP. I think this has to do with the fact that their site does not have dynamic pricing based on exchange rates, the sell price is fixed in JPY and seems to not have been updated.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 05:30 PM   #7
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
I always thought that Nengun was a bit of a ripoff. Sure the up front price seemed better, but then you start looking at the shipping and all of a sudden it's not worth it at all to get parts from them. I give it to them with their marketing, but that's really where it ends in my opinion.
Old 04-09-2022, 11:46 PM   #8
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
I always thought that Nengun was a bit of a ripoff. Sure the up front price seemed better, but then you start looking at the shipping and all of a sudden it's not worth it at all to get parts from them. I give it to them with their marketing, but that's really where it ends in my opinion.
well of course... you're sort of comparing apples to oranges if you want to factor in shipped price, given that some of the vendors you're shopping are buying in the US and others are buying locally in Japan and shipping internationally.

to make a true comparison, it's best to just compare the 3rd party sellers out of Japan (whether a known broker or a reseller like the ones I listed above) and see which is the best one landed to your door.

[email protected]
Old 04-10-2022, 05:39 AM   #9
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Oh my opinion was based on comparing them to other companies outside of Japan. Even then, they are bending you over with shipping. Every time I'm feeling a bit frisky and take a purchase on their site all the way to the shipping page, I kind of laugh at how much they tack on. Get you in the door with a "low price" and then hit you on the back end, hoping you won't notice.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #10
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
For small stuff my local Nissan dealer a mile from my house (Hart Nissan of NOVA) has been able to beat the big online dealers without trying. I find the PN on partsouq, look it up on their site, then I'm able to go pick it up a few days later.

I've never ordered anything rare or discontinued from them, that's where places like nissanpartscc, courtesy, etc. shine. I did find S14/S15 Silvia brake dust shields listed on their site for some reason, they told me they could get the left but not the right, though that was the same thing nissanpartscc told me.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 12:13 PM   #11
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh my opinion was based on comparing them to other companies outside of Japan. Even then, they are bending you over with shipping. Every time I'm feeling a bit frisky and take a purchase on their site all the way to the shipping page, I kind of laugh at how much they tack on. Get you in the door with a "low price" and then hit you on the back end, hoping you won't notice.
Nengun?

Oh trust me, I notice.

Their shipping is basically the Part Price.

Nismo Bumper $1300, shipping? Update - just tried it - shipping - $3,000

Last edited by Corbic; 04-12-2022 at 10:47 AM..
Old 04-12-2022, 09:27 AM   #12
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_Lee View Post
I'm a big fan of Amayama, my dollar seems to go the farthest there. You have to pay for shipping from Japan but there's way more parts available in Japan than USA. Most stuff under $100 seems to be half priced compared to US dealers or even some Japan dealers who sell worldwide so I usually stockpile on anything I can think of when I order to make the shipping worthwhile; rubber bumpers and bushings, cheap plastic pieces, anything that's still available essentially.
The problem is a lot of their "in stock" items have to be reviewed before finalizing the order.

Of course, they'll take your money in the meantime. I am on there constantly looking for stuff and I've gotten orders canceled after a week or they'll comeback with a drastically smaller quantity available. The additional shipping costs are nullified by multiple items or quantities. I'm fronting the costs and try to order 50, they come back with 10..then my overall per-unit cost falls under my profit threshold. By the time I sell and ship, it'll end up being barely under what a customer could go to a site like np.cc and get it for roughly the same price with their constant 10% discount but they have a larger presence so.

Inventory on the shelf makes me no money back and I don't like to work for pennies.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:18 PM   #13
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Yeah and you're still comparing apples to oranges.

I'm not going to type an entire post explaining how an importer works versus direct sell out of Japan, but 1) you're paying close to retail rates on a box shipped from overseas, and 2) most of these sites give you spot rate on exchange rates versus the importer fronting the money weeks/months in advance and taking the risk of any large changes in USD to JPY conversion.

If you actually ship international often, you'll quickly realize how cheap their rates are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Nengun?

Oh trust me, I notice.

Their shipping is basically the Part Price.

Nismo Bumper $1300, shipping? Update - just tried it - shipping - $3,000
What's the issue? If you're sending a bumper by air, retail spot rates of $2000+ is normal given the box size (roughly 1.5M3).

Even ocean is hard to quote because unless you ship these regularly, you can't compare against LCL ocean goods.

[email protected]