Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-14-2022, 11:06 PM   #61
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I look at this thread and think there is still no modern car like the S-chassis. The lego blocks of cars. The toyobaru (RIP) twins came close but there is no easy engine swap for those cars.

I wish one of you tech savy engine building dudes who can be trusted were closer to me. If I can get this dang SR rebuilt and a few more swap parts my baby can be off those jackstands...
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2022, 09:02 PM   #62
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i had my s13 since 2003. but, sold it to my buddy this year.

20 yrs.

now, i have bikes.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:45 PM   #63
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I look at this thread and think there is still no modern car like the S-chassis. The lego blocks of cars. The toyobaru (RIP) twins came close but there is no easy engine swap for those cars.

I wish one of you tech savy engine building dudes who can be trusted were closer to me. If I can get this dang SR rebuilt and a few more swap parts my baby can be off those jackstands...
Strap the stuff on a pallet and ship it out. Peace of mind having someone that has experience building these things is worth that alone.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:07 AM   #64
Umi_R98

Trader Rating: (0)
Umi_R98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14

"Most underrated comment here. Are you the stock red kouki s14 I see driving around SD once in a while? I don't see too many s-chassis's around here..

I've had mine since '05 and I'll still put 4-500 miles a week occasionally. The car has been reliable, fast and still gets 25mpg!"

Hey spooled240,

I'm the black kouki S14 that was roaming in San Diego before Aug 2014, then I moved to the bay area for work. So my car followed me and made the trip, and now its roaming up here for my commute. Hopefully I can get the car back to San Diego. But one memory I always enjoyed while in SD was admiring a white kouki S14 with just Silvia Ks aero parked outside Infiniti @ Kearny Mesa.

Right now my commute is around 65 miles a day.
Umi_R98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:44 PM   #65
p3t3y18
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
p3t3y18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar F View Post
Wow! your story is scary similar to mine! i parked mine in 2012 too, bought a house, got married got 2 kids.
but i'm happy i never sold it.
lol i guess this is a common thing haha... wife, house , and 1 kid here

been 12 years with mine
Old 05-27-2022, 07:10 AM   #66
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Strap the stuff on a pallet and ship it out. Peace of mind having someone that has experience building these things is worth that alone.
I had not considered that. You are giving me idea's....
Old 05-31-2022, 10:50 PM   #67
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
20 years from about 50,000 miles to now 438,000 miles

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:07 PM   #68
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
Are you the one that had that thread about the S14 with the SR that has been all the different parts, turbos, alternators, etc.?
Old 06-01-2022, 07:32 PM   #69
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Are you the one that had that thread about the S14 with the SR that has been all the different parts, turbos, alternators, etc.?
uhhh.... I'm not sure which thread you're referring to, but yeah, I've pretty much changed everything on the car twice or 3 times already haha... I suspect that anyone that's had their car this long and driven it this many miles has had to do multiple refreshers

Old 06-02-2022, 10:21 AM   #70
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Let's see this amazing machine
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:08 PM   #71
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Thumbs up Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Let's see this amazing machine
I took these pics (except for the last one) a few mins ago

Here's how it sits right now. I try to keep it low-key'ish because Cali sucks. But I think the local pd has seen my car enough times throughout the years, and they know I don't drive foolishly, so I never get bothered. OG TE37s in 17x9 +22 with 245/40 Hankook R-S4s in the front and really old Firehawk Indy500s in the rear. Just trying to burn them out at AVS so I can change them.

Ass sticks out, so the bumper needs repainting every few years. The sun has also converted my tail lights to "ancient silver trim special edition."

Interior is pretty low-key too (Damn, didn't realize how dusty it is lol). Just some basic stuff and a PBM multi-readout for coolant temp, oil pressure, and volts. Then there's an Alpine bluetooth head unit, and a phone holder... pretty much everything you would need. ac & heat work.

Old Recaro SPG Large. It holds pretty well, and comfortable enough for long trips. So far, I've driven from Los Angeles to the southern part of Oregon for one of the earlier Final Bout events. The half-cage is a Cusco/Safety21 that my friends and I jammed into position before bolting (it's not meant for a car with a sunroof). Normally, you'd want the diagonal bar to come up above the driver's head, yeah. But on the plus side, I can still recline the passenger seat to take naps on lol

Made these new pad covers with my mom a while back lmao. They're torn up now; need to make another set haha

Old 06-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #72
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i thought those were yugioh cards at first
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #73
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
I took these pics (except for the last one) a few mins ago

Here's how it sits right now. I try to keep it low-key'ish because Cali sucks. But I think the local pd has seen my car enough times throughout the years, and they know I don't drive foolishly, so I never get bothered. OG TE37s in 17x9 +22 with 245/40 Hankook R-S4s in the front and really old Firehawk Indy500s in the rear. Just trying to burn them out at AVS so I can change them.

Ass sticks out, so the bumper needs repainting every few years. The sun has also converted my tail lights to "ancient silver trim special edition."

Interior is pretty low-key too (Damn, didn't realize how dusty it is lol). Just some basic stuff and a PBM multi-readout for coolant temp, oil pressure, and volts. Then there's an Alpine bluetooth head unit, and a phone holder... pretty much everything you would need. ac & heat work.

Old Recaro SPG Large. It holds pretty well, and comfortable enough for long trips. So far, I've driven from Los Angeles to the southern part of Oregon for one of the earlier Final Bout events. The half-cage is a Cusco/Safety21 that my friends and I jammed into position before bolting (it's not meant for a car with a sunroof). Normally, you'd want the diagonal bar to come up above the driver's head, yeah. But on the plus side, I can still recline the passenger seat to take naps on lol

Made these new pad covers with my mom a while back lmao. They're torn up now; need to make another set haha
One of the coolest dailies out there for sure. SR right?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:45 PM   #74
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
One of the coolest dailies out there for sure. SR right?
Thanks dude! Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by My! View Post
i thought those were yugioh cards at first
Lmao maybe for next pattern lol

Old 06-03-2022, 06:46 AM   #75
Future240
Future Moderator

I see you found that thread I mention when you hit 400k in the S14. I think I pretty much want your exact setup. 315whp is like 362 crank which is quite a bit.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:45 PM   #76
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I see you found that thread I mention when you hit 400k in the S14. I think I pretty much want your exact setup. 315whp is like 362 crank which is quite a bit.
Ohhh that thread haha yeah had a feeling after I found it again. Had to necromance a reply to a post directed at me from 2019 lmao

Feels good man. Honestly can't complain. It doesn't feel like you absolutely need grippy tires for it to feel safe/confident. Even with regular tires, you don't need to be too careful with throttle input. It's a good balance.

Old 06-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #77
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Still hanging in there, just not on Zilvia that much.

shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:50 PM   #78
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

^ Wow your antenna is still in one piece on the S14. That's pretty damn impressive

Old 06-06-2022, 06:56 PM   #79
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^Haha...one of my favorite things about the car. My original one was long gone, but luckily its the exact same antenna used on the D21 pickup. Plenty of nice ones in the junkyard.
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #80
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

^ Ahh very nice. I had my retractable antenna stolen outside a motel I stayed at for a track event. Freakin horders I swear. Pretty sure it was the owner of this subaru wagon that was packed to the brim with bullshit lol.

Ended up capping it off bc radio here sucks anyways...

Old 10-31-2022, 11:48 AM   #81
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Have had mine since 2006. Bone stock and stashed in a garage till this year. Will be nice to finally get it up and running.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:17 PM   #82
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Got min in 2010. I have turned down so many offers to sell. She is living the jackstand life now but she is my end of the year goal this year. Just got to find someone reputable to rebuild a notchtop SR20.
5523 Motorsports