Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #3121
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
You should let me know if you ever make your way down to Orlando. I'm confident you will consider it to be one of the nicest S13's you've ever seen. At least that's what people keep telling me (who see it in person). I got a thumbs up from a Lamborghini Diablo driver the other day which I thought was interesting, haha.
Is our car clean? Yes. Is it in the top 100 of clean cool S13's? Not even close. I'd rather whip that 'pile of shit' you talk down on than yours built for a beauty show.

Needless to say, that car belongs here just as much as yours.

Florida kids, doe.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #3122
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I think that last one that you're talking about is the shit. A car being used to its full potential is one of my favorite things to see. I don't see why he's getting so much crap, I think that car is awesome.

Keep sliding and being awesome, twisted.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #3123
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
I never downplayed the fact your car is in amazing shape. Im just saying his looks better which leads me to my point of- different strokes for different folks.

You just come off as an elitest douche-bag in this thread because you have the idea your coupe is the greatest thing to roll off the assembly line; and any car that isnt 4x4 status with oversized volks and a decent paintjob is inferior.

Ill be at CFRC in a few months though... Stop by, id like to see it in person.
I can't even take credit for the condition that my car is in. That is all thanks to the little old lady who owned it for the last 24 years before me.

It just goes to show the maturity level on this forum. Where a 1.5" drop is still considered 4x4 status and tires that fill in the wheel instead of being stretched to the brink of popping off the bead are oversized.

I could throw on my HKS coilovers, pull the rear fenders out, slam the car, camber it out, buy 195 tires for my 9" wheels. And slide around like a fucking moron, but I won't. I'm not buying into the trend. And I'm not destroying a perfectly functional vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Is our car clean? Yes. Is it in the top 100 of clean cool S13's? Not even close. I'd rather whip that 'pile of shit' you talk down on than yours built for a beauty show.

Needless to say, that car belongs here just as much as yours.

Florida kids, doe.
Funny that you call a stock vehicle with wheels "built". It's preserved. Imagine if everyone who owned a 240sx had the same outlook on their vehicle's exterior... We'd all be driving respectable clean cars. One day... one day...
Old 08-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #3124
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
I guess the word preservation also comes with multiple meanings. Who knew Zilvia could change what the folks at Merriam-Webster decided the word should mean: Preserve - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't agree with elitist bullshit but I also don't agree with posting beat up cars in this thread.

In case you were butthurt with what I had to say, the word preservation means:
  • to keep safe from injury, harm, or destruction
  • a.) to keep alive, intact, or free from decay b.) maintain

So idk, you tell me does a beat up track car look like preservation to you? Sure it's being "driven to it's full potential" and I like seeing that too but there are a lot of picture threads to brag about shit like that, why get upset at an elitist douche that's enforcing the rules?
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #3125
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Hey, at least he didn't slam it into a wall and send it off to the scrapyard, like that Creamy Yellow a page or two back.

Killer, your car is like a foot off the ground and has big wheels. It reminds me of a donk, to be honest. It's a SUPER nice car, but honestly I'd rather look at beat up drift cars.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #3126
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Im not sure where that came from since ive never spoke of the current stretched fad lol... Meaty tire fitment is sexy as hell and so is the "hellaflush" whatever look... I appreciate both setups for what they are.

Your car on the other hand fits into neither category... Your tires stick out 3 inches past the fenders. That looks like shit. Buy wheels that actually fit your car and run a meaty tire setup and I can gaurentee it will look 100 times better.

Its your car, do whatever makes you happy... Just dont bash on other peoples cars for doing the same thing. Thats being an elitist douche-bag, and that's not cool.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #3127
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Im not sure where that came from since ive never spoke of the current stretched fad lol... Meaty tire fitment is sexy as hell and so is the "hellaflush" whatever look... I appreciate both setups for what they are.

Your car on the other hand fits into neither category... Your tires stick out 3 inches past the fenders. That looks like shit. Buy wheels that actually fit your car and run a meaty tire setup and I can gaurentee it will look 100 times better.

Its your car, do whatever makes you happy... Just dont bash on other peoples cars for doing the same thing. Thats being an elitist douche-bag, and that's not cool.
x2
twisted your hatch was too cool btw
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #3128
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Quote:
Funny that you call a stock vehicle with wheels "built". It's preserved. Imagine if everyone who owned a 240sx had the same outlook on their vehicle's exterior... We'd all be driving respectable clean cars. One day... one day...
It obviously has suspension. It's SR swapped. It has properly fitting wheels. I'd say it has work done to it. It it built? Yes. FULLY RACECARJDMSLIDEDKKICKITHARD built? No.

Quote:
Preach.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #3129
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:

Now I know you're just trolling. My tires stick out half an inch at best. They are a bit oversized but thats because I pulled the tires off my LMGT4's so I could get more use out of them. Function.

Anyone who praises twisted's car and other drift missiles like it for looking good are simply reinforcing bad behavior.

"Dude why does your car look all fucked up?"
"Cause its a 240 yo!"
"Oh..."
Old 08-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #3130
up in smoke
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
up in smoke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
killer is just butt-hurt that nobody said anything about the picture he posted but everyone likes twisted's car hahahahahah
grow up dude all you come to zilvia for is to brag about your car and shit on others
up in smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #3131
xoxide
Post Whore!

The pic you posted looks like they stick out a hell of a lot more than 1/2 an inch... If I was trolling you would see a lot more sarcasm and a lot more asshole-ish remarks. Im simply calling you out on being a dick for talking shit about a car because it doesnt meet up to your standards... Thats just unnessesary.

Personally, I dont mind drift missiles, beaters, or show cars... I just dont see why you feel the need to talk down to people just because their car doesnt meet up to your own dream world standards. If he likes to actually track his car all the fucking power to him... If you dont, then same goes for you. Constructive criticism and being a total dickhead are two very different things.

By the way, I havent seen Florida spelt with Japanese characters on any map?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #3132
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Hey, at least he didn't slam it into a wall and send it off to the scrapyard, like that Creamy Yellow a page or two back.
Not so fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted_240 View Post
ive hit walls, curbs, been in ditches, put it in the dirt...its a car.
i also dont see how having it painted for every event makes any sense, the possibility of rubbing paint with friends, or doing wall drags is part of the fun, why waste time and money to make the car all glossy and cute when every event more paint gets rubbed off on other things?
i wont ship the wheels and i have no idea what theyd even be worth to be honest. if i dont get what i want for them id just use them as burners/until i destroy them.
now this is not to say i go out and try to destroy my car, and i havent wall tapped in a while (sadly?) its just the nature of the beast.
Dude is going to eventually send this car to the grave, thus preservation is not in mind.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #3133
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
The pic you posted looks like they stick out a hell of a lot more than 1/2 an inch... If I was trolling you would see a lot more sarcasm and a lot more asshole-ish remarks. Im simply calling you out on being a dick for talking shit about a car because it doesnt meet up to your standards... Thats just unnessesary.

Personally, I dont mind drift missiles, beaters, or show cars... I just dont see why you feel the need to talk down to people just because their car doesnt meet up to your own dream world standards. If he likes to actually track his car all the fucking power to him... If you dont, then same goes for you. Constructive criticism and being a total dickhead are two very different things.

By the way, I havent seen Florida spelt with Japanese characters on any map?
I love how you (and everyone else) is focusing on the fitment of the car, when I'm literally talking about the BODY of the car. Forget the wheels. His car is a pile of shit, and he doesn't care judging by his comments a few pages back. It's his car and he can do whatever he wants, but who in their right mind actually considers a damaged body more appealing than a perfectly straight one? I know, 90% of Zilvia.

Now I will post pictures of my car with OEM wheels and lets see who has something to say...

OH NOES 4X4 STATUS!!! LOL.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #3134
xoxide
Post Whore!

So then why do you insist on being an asshole to "90% of zilvia"? Just shut the fuck up and post pics of your car so 20 years from now you can look back and see how great you've preserved your car, and let other people track their cars. It only increases the value of your "clean" car correct?

By the way, stock wheels look better... And if you're really preserving the originality of the car you should be keeping the OEM wheels on it.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #3135
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
I love how you (and everyone else) is focusing on the fitment of the car, when I'm literally talking about the BODY of the car. Forget the wheels. His car is a pile of shit, and he doesn't care judging by his comments a few pages back. It's his car and he can do whatever he wants, but who in their right mind actually considers a damaged body more appealing than a perfectly straight one? I know, 90% of Zilvia.

Now I will post pictures of my car with OEM wheels and lets see who has something to say...

OH NOES 4X4 STATUS!!! LOL.
Do you honestly think you're the only person on the history of the earth that recently bought a clean S-chassis or two-tone for that matter? I'm going to go with no. You just publicize it like it's the greatest car known to humanity and then act like a douche to boot because someone else so happens to have a two-tone and uses it to his needs. Does it look like a show car? No. Will it out perform anything you ever put together? Yes.

Then you say 'function.' You think he's not functionally using his car? Double-standards are strong with you.

Now tell me about how I stole wheels but at the same time didn't because that's not overly beat yet.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #3136
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
soopa doopa shut the fuck up nobody wants to see ur posts
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #3137
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
So then why do you insist on being an asshole to "90% of zilvia"? Just shut the fuck up and post pics of your car so 20 years from now you can look back and see how great you've preserved your car, and let other people track their cars. It only increases the value of your "clean" car correct?
I just want people to raise the bar on their cars instead of treating them like they are in infinite supply. Especially two-tones. Yes, arguing this is beating a dead horse at this point but why can't we as a community stop this behavior? It affects the 240sx community as a whole every time someone decides its acceptable to drive a car that is falling apart. And when people reinforce this behavior, it will never stop. Only when there are less than 10,000 of these cars left I think people will start to understand.

Until then I'll be doing my part.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #3138
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

No one would have said anything if you didn't make a smart ass remark how it's a piece of shit. It's easily fixable with some overs yet you jump the gun and say it's a piece of shit. Truth be told, it isn't.

Stop judging books by it's cover, stop making smart ass remarks and stop thinking your the cherry car police because newsflash, you ruined a hatch already.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #3139
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
No one would have said anything if you didn't make a smart ass remark how it's a piece of shit. It's easily fixable with some overs yet you jump the gun and say it's a piece of shit. Truth be told, it isn't.

Stop judging books by it's cover, stop making smart ass remarks and stop thinking your the cherry car police because newsflash, you ruined a hatch already.
This, it is VERY easy to fix.

But does he need to fix it? Fuck no.

It's probably one of the best two tone 240s I have ever seen, because it gets driven.

You have a really awesome two tone when it's on stock wheels, but god forbid anyone else on Zilvia has a two tone that people like.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #3140
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I agree. What's the point of putting cool shit in a 240 to drive it like a pussy? It's a waste of money. I agree completely. Twisted's car is cool simply because it's driving and not parked at Sonic so people can take super cool JDM candid pictures. Let the single hater hate, let the rest of us rejoice.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #3141
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wolfpack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Wrong type of two-tone bro...
Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #3142
xoxide
Post Whore!

Quote:
I just want people to raise the bar on their cars instead of treating them like they are in infinite supply. Especially two-tones. Yes, arguing this is beating a dead horse at this point but why can't we as a community stop this behavior? It affects the 240sx community as a whole every time someone decides its acceptable to drive a car that is falling apart. And when people reinforce this behavior, it will never stop. Only when there are less than 10,000 of these cars left I think people will start to understand.

Until then I'll be doing my part.
Its not up to me, or you for that matter, what people do with their cars. Do you honestly think that what you or anyone else on the internet says is really going to decide what a person does with their car? Are you that delusional?

Keep your car prestine. Thats cool, I can respect that. Let the next guy drift his car and beat it. Thats his decision, and I can also respect that. Stop inserting your smartass remarks every time someone posts a car you dont agree with. Its very simple.

I really think you get yourself worked up in real life, for what someone posts/says on the internet.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #3143
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
I really think you get yourself worked up in real life, for what someone posts/says on the internet.
I can only imagine how butt hurt he gets.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #3144
Duke89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Duke89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Two-tone Preservation Society

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376873429.740400.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376873457.272121.jpg
Posting my "shity" creamy yellow project, that I plan on drifting. Just for killer to hate on.

Hate that had to work and miss this whole shit storm lol
Duke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #3145
Reece
Nissanaholic!

inb4 he gets mad doe to no front end because he's doing a swap
Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #3146
Sean P.
Zilvia Member

Sean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enough
I want to find more beat up two tones to make this kid cry
Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #3147
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I didn't say it doesn't belong here. I want to know what is so attractive about a car that looks like a piece of shit (drift missile), whether it be two-tone or not? Lets get some pictures of him fixing those body panels instead of "shreddin'" more tires... Those wheels could have paid for some of that damage, that Recaro seat could also have paid for some of it. Epic fail, but I'm not expecting someone like you, the master of wheel thievery to understand.
car has nice ride height and nice wheels, beautiful fitment. honestly id take it over your car pal, who on earth is one to criticize what someone likes. dont forget, theres a population of people out there that actually collect and enjoy pt cruisers. different strokes
Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #3148
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Zilvia has spoken.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #3149
Duke89
Zilvia Junkie

Duke89 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ I literally loled at that.
Duke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #3150
kapowered240sx

kapowered240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Ignore the jankyness of my car, its just going to be used for parts when i get a clean shell (i was rearended earlier this year). My fenders are off a true-tone... (Asuka's coupe actually) does that count?

IMG_4765 by alecgates, on Flickr

Also Killer has a point. one day 240's will be as rare as AE86's and you fanboys are gonna cry from all the drift tax. all because the "stance this" and "drift missle this" people out there are sending perfectly good cars to their grave to be "cool"
kapowered240sx is offline   Reply With Quote