Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #4471
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Also, I'm on the hunt for one of these.

Some dude souljaseth on here knew had a set in NY somewhere
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #4472
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
The rack on the trunk lid, or a creamy yellow car?
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #4473
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljaseth33 View Post
The rack on the trunk lid, or a creamy yellow car?
truck lid rack.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #4474
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dizz and I will do some twin shoots of the ladies soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #4475
IketaniS13
Zilvia Member

IketaniS13 is a well-known jackass
The Two-tone Preservation Society

I've been out of the game for years. Moved to Socal in 2012. Always had dreams of getting another 240 but as I got older those dreams faded. I wanted a weekend car and something to wrench on in my spare time and started searching the landscape through a sea of hacked up 240s and drift projects started but never finished. (I started a couple projects myself I never finished so I'm also to blame. It happens.)

Finding a clean stock 240 was basically near impossible nowadays. Especially in Socal! Right?

Gone were the days of finding a decent platform minus the drift tax or the famous "I know what I got" reply

I was still determined though. I checked CL and Facebook market everyday all over CA and AZ hoping to find a nice stock or lightly modded s13. There were some diamonds in the rough but the sellers were a little unrealistic. I started losing hope and could feel that dream fading away. Some posts on Zilvia even said finding a clean stock s13 was like finding a unicorn...

Well, do you believe in unicorns? I do now because dreams do come true.

I was driving down my street one day and passed by the mechanics shop and parked out front was a clean two tone s13 coupe. I pulled a u-turn, parked to look at the car and ask the mechanic if they were selling it. He said he didn't know who the owner was and it didn't look like it was for sale. No problem.

Take chances. You never know may happen.

I left a note on the windshield with my number and name. A couple days later, I got a phone call from a nice kid saying he got my note and was thinking about selling the car BUT it wasn't his. It was his MOM's. That's right. Original owner for 29 years. She's kept the car sitting for 6 months and gave it to her son to use but he has no use for it and is not interested in imports.

I setup a time to go look at the car and was blown away! This s13 was the cleanest stock 240 I have ever seen in person! Everything down to the hubcaps was original! The car was well maintained and recently serviced. She had service records dating back to 1994.

This was it! I wasn't letting this one go. I may never see one like this again. It needed some love and we negotiated on a reasonable price for the car. He was happy to see it go to someone that wanted to put in the time and care for the car. I came back a few days later, gave him cash and drove home with a smile on my face from ear to ear.

So, I submit to you my 1989 240sx XE s13 Coupe. Build date 10/88. Paint is original. Manual doors and windows. No a/c. This model did not come with a/c from the factory. Blue interior. Only negative, includes famous 240 cracked dash. Other than that everything works. Shifts smooth and drives great. Engine was barely broken in.

Just wanted to share this story. Sometimes it's, right place, right time. Don't settle. Stay patient and keep your head up. When an opportunity comes your way, capitalize on it.

Last edited by IketaniS13; 07-11-2018 at 11:45 PM..
IketaniS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #4476
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Wish these pictures worked on this cursed Tapatalk app. Sounds like a super nice find man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #4477
IketaniS13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendaShogun View Post
Wish these pictures worked on this cursed Tapatalk app. Sounds like a super nice find man.
Thanks man. Beyond happy with this one. Number 4 for me.

A picture's worth a thousand words. Take a look at them later. You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #4478
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
Damn congrats man!

so clean
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #4479
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IketaniS13 View Post
So, I submit to you my 1989 240sx XE s13 Coupe. Build date 10/88. Paint is original. Manual doors and windows. No a/c. This model did not come with a/c from the factory. Blue interior.
Nice car! Looks like mine did when I bought mine from the original lady owner (with 110 miles), down to the hubcaps. Except mine had working AC, must have been a Canadian thing.

My car now:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180521_183249040 (Large).jpg (465.5 KB, 49 views)
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #4480
IketaniS13
Zilvia Member

That silvia is sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
My car now:
#Goals.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #4481
IketaniS13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop View Post
Damn congrats man!

so clean
Thanks man. I clay barred it and waxed it the other day. Paint still needs a little love. Interior is fresh. I pulled the back seats down and the backside still had plastic wrap on the edges from the factory.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #4482
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
IketaniS13 - this is some shit right up my alley. I've tried (and failed) so many times to scoop hard-to-find S13s. So rad you were able to pull it off! What's the mileage? AT/MT?
Old 07-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #4483
IketaniS13
Zilvia Member

Everything came together.

Quote:
What's the mileage? AT/MT?
Oh yea it's M/T

mileage 145k
Old 07-12-2018, 12:26 AM   #4484
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
damn great purchase.. what did it cost
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:32 AM   #4485
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice! Fav color!
Old 07-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #4486
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Wow! What a cool story. You don't hear many like this anymore. Beautiful car man, pretty jealous!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #4487
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
@IketaniS13, congrats. Really love reading stories like this. Please take care of that beauty.

edit:

Despite what it might say on documents, your coupe is actually a base model not an XE. XE was power windows/locks and also HUD. I know this because my two-tone is also a base model but some sources online when looking up the VIN it would label it as an XE model. CarFax report labels my car as an XE for example.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #4488
IketaniS13
Zilvia Member

The Two-tone Preservation Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Despite what it might say on documents, your coupe is actually a base model not an XE. XE was power windows/locks and also HUD. I know this because my two-tone is also a base model but some sources online when looking up the VIN it would label it as an XE model. CarFax report labels my car as an XE for example.
That makes sense. When I ran my vin it came up as an XE model. I know because I’m an insurance agent and have access to the vin validation systems. But this is definitely a base model.

No a/c, manual mirrors, windows, and no power locks.

What’s the technical name? 240sx BASE coupe?

Came with the og manual and warranty brochure from the factory. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2018, 11:31 PM   #4489
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IketaniS13 View Post
That makes sense. When I ran my vin it came up as an XE model. I know because I’m an insurance agent and have access to the vin validation systems. But this is definitely a base model.

No a/c, manual mirrors, windows, and no power locks.

What’s the technical name? 240sx BASE coupe?
1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe, no need to say the word BASE, lol.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #4490
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Awesome find man! Identical to one I bought and foolishly sold a few years back. However mine had a/c. That is where I'm intrigued by yours. Could you please take pictures of how the blower motor/ hvac chambers are set up from the factory on a non-ac car, I would really appreciate it, pm me if you'd like, thanks!! Congrats on the purchase!!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #4491
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
After almost 10 years of trying to find the perfect car, I came across this sitting next to a house in Georgia. Build date of 1/89, HUD, power windows, five speed, premium sound, no sunroof, creamy yellow. One owner, 265k miles. Literally every set of tires, every oil change, every air filter, every light bulb, was changed at the dealership with records. It’s all Nissan parts, filters, starter, alternator, everything. Never so much as a fender bender. Even has the belly splash shield on it. I found it just a few blocks from the dealership it was sold and serviced at. It’s stock down to the radio. Best part, everything now works. Cruise, hud, AC, absolutely everything.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:06 PM   #4492
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
^^^ Fucking find of the century! Super cool man. That's an awesome pick up!
Old 08-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #4493
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post

What are your plans, you are very lucky lol & how much did you buy it for?

Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #4494
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Dude, please don't quote pictures.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #4495
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Dude, please don't quote pictures.

Sorry :/ lol i did it on purpouse cause i didnt know what else to quote from his paragraph.

Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:32 AM   #4496
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Sorry :/ lol i did it on purpouse cause i didnt know what else to quote from his paragraph.
It's always better to just quote the paragraph and bold/italicize what you want to talk about.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:49 AM   #4497
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
It's always better to just quote the paragraph and bold/italicize what you want to talk about.
Is that stickied somewhere? It should be
Old 08-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #4498
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
That Buttercream Goodness
My dude, please keep that car in a garage and just stare at it endlessly, FOREVER.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #4499
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
My plans are to enjoy it, I’ve been daily driving it for a week now, about time to put it in the garage, but I’ll keep it as stock as possible and slowly replace anything worn on it.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:36 PM   #4500
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
Quote:
My plans are to enjoy it, I’ve been daily driving it for a week now, about time to put it in the garage, but I’ll keep it as stock as possible and slowly replace anything worn on it.
More pics please
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote