Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #421
LibertySyclone

Trader Rating: (0)
LibertySyclone is making a name for him/her selfLibertySyclone is making a name for him/her selfLibertySyclone is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok guys need a little input on this subject

Car has a LS1 swap making ~400whp

i am buying Rota P35R's for my S14 I need suggestions on offsets (18*9.5)

I would like to not have a staggered tire size just so rotation is still an option, but its not necessary.

i was going to do Hoosier 275/40/18s all the way around but I have read that they are too tall for the front of the s-chassis.

Suggestion on sizes and brand would be great.
LibertySyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #422
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
275/40/18's are DEFINITELY too tall. You should look into 285/35 or 30/18's in the front and something more like a 305+/30/18 in the rear with that much power and torque. A staggered set-up like aceinhole's would be better than a non staggered set up with all that torque. Of course a set-up like that eliminates the option to use cheap wheels like rotas, and more than that probably requires the use of custom ones like ace's ccw classics.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #423
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
275/40-17 is almost too tall for the front of a S13. I had to get after the car with the BFH.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #424
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
275/40/17 also has a massive sidewall which is lame...

+1 rep for LS1 and coming to this thread

Since you have an s14 you are much more lucky with clearance and fitment.

I would run 285/30/18 front and 315/30/18 rear just as aceinhole... very awesomeness of awesome... 18x10 front and 18x12 rear. Ace runs 18x10+20 with motegis... fitting 285/30/18 perfectly... and rear ccw 18x12 or 11.5 i forget actually... not sure on offset... I'm sure he could chime in.

Can't wait to go LSx v8 next year (God willing if all goes according to plan). Lucky guy...
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #425
Kinematics
Leaky Injector

Kinematics is making a name for him/her selfKinematics is making a name for him/her self
Did some work on my 240, played with the alignment some more, here are the results.

front camber is now at -3, rear is at -2.5ish? I have no way to measure beyond making it equal on both sides, so I am not sure of the exact amount.

I put the rear down another .5 inches.. I think I have room to drop the car another inch all around. Then I will probably be satisfied with the right height.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #426
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
275/40/17 also has a massive sidewall which is lame...
lame? Oh... for asthetic reasons. Why again aren't we stretching our tires then?
Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #427
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSVTFlareside View Post
lame? Oh... for asthetic reasons. Why again aren't we stretching our tires then?

no. lame because the wheels OD is larger than it should be for stock gearing(unless high hp)
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #428
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
And lame because it's tall and hard to fit, and raises your CG a little bit.

I just wish there were a 17" tire commonly available wider than a 255 that was not a 40 series or above. A 265/35 or 275/35 would be very nice.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #429
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631 View Post
And lame because it's tall and hard to fit, and raises your CG a little bit.

I just wish there were a 17" tire commonly available wider than a 255 that was not a 40 series or above. A 265/35 or 275/35 would be very nice.
We ALL wish for that! 275/40/17's are fine as long as you are willing to change your ring and pinion (I am leaning towards 4.6) and do a little work in the front wheelwells.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:52 AM   #430
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Me wishes too That'd be pretty sick... The sidewall is also huge which is icky... Plus 18s are so frickin expensive Why won't they produce any tire sizes that larger and more low profile in 17s... I honestly wonder why when there is for sure a demand for it It's all business methinks...
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #431
LibertySyclone

LibertySyclone is making a name for him/her selfLibertySyclone is making a name for him/her selfLibertySyclone is making a name for him/her self
I wanted to go with that Tire because I get single heat take hoosier takeoff for $250 a set, which would make track time even cheaper for me.

Thanks on the LS1, its a fun project and if you can pull your head out of Japan its much more rewarding as well (IMO cheaper than a SR)

I will have a full write up on how to do the swap in Mid to late June.

Everything from how much oil to wiring. I hope it gets more of this swap out there as LSx parts prices come down.

its pretty easy to pick up 150hp with $1000 and still be reliable.

Thanks for all the wheel tire suggestions! I am back to wheel hunting
LibertySyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #432
gotta240
Post Whore!

gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
with an ls1 you can run any damn tire size you want. You'll have power to do so.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #433
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
For those of you that say 275/40 is ugly.
specs
elite 17x9 +15 offset
235/40 front
275/40 back
the front needs to go lower about 3/4 to make me happy. i havent even messed with adjusting the camber yet cause i just got the PBM coilovers and RUCA's on thursday.

i live on dirt road so i need a little bit of clearance other wise i could have it quit a bit lower.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #434
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
For those of you that say 275/40 is ugly.

LOL, you attempted to show that 275/40/17 was not ugly and failed miserably.

better luck next time

post up pictures with overfenders or a good fender pull to accommodate those wheels and It'll make up for these pictures
Old 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #435
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jdFKNmVRT

(f)18x10 -3 wrapped with 275/35
(r)18x13 +10 wrapped with 295/35
Old 05-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #436
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about

thats a 295/35 on a 18x13
Old 05-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #437
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

i forgot to mention thats toyo t1r's...
Old 05-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #438
lost_generation
Leaky Injector

lost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nice
not really maximum fitment...should be running a 315/35 or something... anti stretch
lost_generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #439
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
this very true
Old 05-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #440
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
LOL, you attempted to show that 275/40/17 was not ugly and failed miserably.

better luck next time

post up pictures with overfenders or a good fender pull to accommodate those wheels and It'll make up for these pictures
I couldn't agree more...I fixed his post....
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
For those of you that say 275/40 is ugly. YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
specs
elite 17x9 +15 offset
235/40 front
275/40 back
the front needs to go lower about 3/4 to make me happy. i havent even messed with adjusting the camber yet cause i just got the PBM coilovers and RUCA's on thursday.

i live on dirt road so i need a little bit of clearance other wise i could have it quit a bit lower.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #441
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
the body work and fitment is not done yet guys. lol It will be just how i want it when it is done though. dont know if it will make every once else happy. but i will be
Old 05-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #442
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sheesh, I didn't realize this thread was about wide tires looking cool.

My comments about 275/40s were based on the sidewall being tall, resulting in less response, worse gearing, higher, CG, and difficult fitment. None of these issues is huge, however they do add up to be a bit annoying.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:43 PM   #443
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631 View Post
Sheesh, I didn't realize this thread was about wide tires looking cool.

You and me both i was jsut excited to show my set up actually on the ground finally.

with my set up the teller wheels might actually be an added benefit. light weight flywheel combined with taller tires means, longer gears and quicker shifts.

i could see problems if you are a N/A 4 cylinder though.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #444
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
wheels came in...

just wondering what i should do fitment wise...

there's about 2mm clearance up front without tires.

and maybe 5mm rear.

i was thinking like 5-10mm spacers all around?

rear

front

i was wanting to run 245/40/17 and 275 or 285/40/17

let me know what you guys think

actually.. the rear clearance looks fine.

maybe a 5-10mm spacer up front should do it?

17x10.5 +27
and 17x9 + 26
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #445
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
if you could get springs 1" shorter in front you'd have a better perch height for tire clearance.

I think 285/30 or 295/30 18's are a good choice on the rear.
255 to 265 in front is a great fitment too.

nice setups guys, good pics too
Old 05-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #446
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp owen View Post
if you could get springs 1" shorter in front you'd have a better perch height for tire clearance.

I think 285/30 or 295/30 18's are a good choice on the rear.
255 to 265 in front is a great fitment too.

nice setups guys, good pics too

was that to me man owen?
cuz i've got 17's.
think i should compress the springs up front some more?
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #447
gotta240
Post Whore!

I had the same fitment in front. I used a 7mm pep boys spacer. Works fine for me. The remaining thread count is debatable though.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #448
Risu2112
Leaky Injector

Risu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura about
Great thread guys, reading through here & seeing the pics really cleared up a lot of ?'s I had, I'm thinking about going with 255/40/17 front 285/40/17 rear for my set up next month (LS1 S13, gonna start out at around 325rwhp), Just need to find some wheels that come in a good size that I like haha

My picks on tire size have a lot to do with obtaining tires cheap, gotta be careful to avoid the corvette and mercedes tax!
Keep those pictures coming!
Risu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #449
LS240
Zilvia Member

LS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really nice
Nice screen name. Rush is the greatest band ever! LOL.
LS240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #450
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
275/40/17 are too tall? maybe for a car show, but for track use? as for the sil80 i think that the car looks a little tall but the tires look like they are fine...thats what i ran on my evo... IMO
sldbyuramg is offline   Reply With Quote