Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-18-2008, 11:00 PM   #31
leveloneae86
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
leveloneae86 is making a name for him/her selfleveloneae86 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes regretted it. bought an s13, sold it and got an s14
leveloneae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #32
RevKid
Leaky Injector

RevKid is making a name for him/her selfRevKid is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RevKid
i regret selling my cleaner than my ass coupe.....now i drive a volvo
Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #33
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Sold my S13 way back in January because it was starting to piss me off with the little things wrong with it and I just wanted a new car for a while. Also wanted to stay off the po-po's radar for a while so I got a Jaguar X Type to daily drive.

Cops dont give a fuck what I do now. I could be snorting coke off a hooker's ass while driving 115 on the freeway and they'd still pull over a modified 240 going 72mph in the slow lane before they pulled me over.

But I do regret selling the 240. Shoulda just kept it and turned it into a track car. Instead I ended up just buying another one a month back to build up.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #34
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
regret selling my s14 and buying an s13
same here dude, i went from 97 to 90
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #35
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I regret selling my old coupe to some extent. I kinda had to since I was a student and the car was neglected from the previous owner and it had 200k+ miles on it. I couldn't afford it (keeping oit on the road), and it always had a hard time passing smog; if it passed. But, I needed the money pit to go away, plus the memories to cease (too sappy to share). I bought another 240SX ('96 S14) that was/is in way better condition. I like this car, but miss the 13.

I'm happy with it, but theres always a place in my heart for the Coupe. I just love the way they look.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #36
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Fuck I regretted selling my last 240Z now I want another one. Though of course it would be a weekend car. I have another dilemma though. I just acquired a one owner/original owner 1990 SE no sunroof fastback. The chassis is pristine! I really am perplexed, as my 91 is in mid build stage and the chassis though not quite as clean is pretty damn good.Considering how hard it is becoming to find good chassis these days, it makes one wonder.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #37
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
its alright to sell an s13.. selling an s14 is something you want to think over and over since they are so rare to find again. at least in good condition.
beeracing s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #38
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeracing s14 View Post
its alright to sell an s13.. selling an s14 is something you want to think over and over since they are so rare to find again. at least in good condition.
You bumped a thread that's almost 4 yrs old to add this?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #39
snafupossum
Zilvia Member

snafupossum is an unknown quantity at this point
Since the thread was bumped ill add my .02, I still regret selling my 2 old s14's. After a while I traded my silverado for another but I was back at square one, nothing was better then having a daily and project schassis.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #40
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Sold my last ride a while ago. I was at a point in my life where I was in school, and the added money would be put to other use else where.

I don't regret it at all. You can always buy another one...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #41
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
no, not at all. My final one was perfection as far as I'm concerned and it's getting featured so i'm way happy. The guy who bought it is slowly destroying the car and changing it for the worse and it kind of hurts every time I see it. BUT not having to worry about a project car or stupid car shit is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy worth it. The only "performance" or fun car i'm going to have will be after my house is built and it will be a newer m3 or a used aston. I think i have just outgrew 240's and the bullshit that goes along with them.

holy shit, didn't know this was a 4 year old thread!
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #42
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
A four year old thread lol..

Anyways, I dont miss selling my sr'ed, silvia front coupe at all. That's just because my s14 is a gem in my eyes.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #43
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
4 year old thread but i must chime in...haha. I still have the s14 but have thought of selling it many times. Since ti got myself a 5 series the 240 leaves the garage once a week and gets driven hard and put away wet. Its nearly done as as far as mods are concerned but if i sold it i know i would miss my weekend warrior. The bmw is just a joy to drive and i love the looks i get from people twice my age - wtf does this kid do to afford the car? Answer is i work hard and have cash to pay for the car, only reason i got a loan is i need to built my credit since im going to be buying a house in a few years. I would say that if you can keep the 240 without putting your financial situation at risk - do it. If you cant, you should sell the damn thing focus on making more money and buy one when you can afford it without having to penny pinch. A lot of you guys throw every dime you own at these 20 something year old cars - just not a smart way to manage your money....yup my 2 cents im out hahhah
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #44
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by snafupossum View Post
Since the thread was bumped ill add my .02, I still regret selling my 2 old s14's. After a while I traded my silverado for another but I was back at square one, nothing was better then having a daily and project schassis.
When you say a Daily AND Project...you mean it as in 2 different cars right? Nothing is worst than having a daily that is also a project!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
no, not at all. My final one was perfection as far as I'm concerned and it's getting featured so i'm way happy. The guy who bought it is slowly destroying the car and changing it for the worse and it kind of hurts every time I see it. BUT not having to worry about a project car or stupid car shit is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy worth it. The only "performance" or fun car i'm going to have will be after my house is built and it will be a newer m3 or a used aston. I think i have just outgrew 240's and the bullshit that goes along with them.

holy shit, didn't know this was a 4 year old thread!
Didnt know you actually sold it already...you sold it local?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #45
lovdrifting52
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
lovdrifting52 is making a name for him/her selflovdrifting52 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
i miss all my 240s =/ now drive a Z but of all i miss my kouki
lovdrifting52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #46
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Didnt know you actually sold it already...you sold it local?
Well right after i finished it i got out of the marines and moved up to nova for a dc job. Some dude from up here bought it but its fucked now. He had me raise it half an inch all around and he pulled the kit and wing off and is putting on usdm front/rear bumpers. But w/e, selling it paid off my daily, diversified my portfolio a little bit, and bought a new 1911 so i'm happy for now lol.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #47
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
if you can afford a nice car or truck and you don't do track why bother with a 240sx for transportation?
240sx is great for the track, not really a nice car for a daily if its modded. for me personally, days of riding a stiff caged car for daily are over unless its for one of those fun days. i dont understand the point of this thread. if you are a broke ass kid and you are limited to a 5k$ into a car then yes 240 is logical choice.

to me personally, 240sx is a good platform for a drift car. thats it. i don't see why would you drive it if you can drive a nice m35 or anything similar in comfort.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #48
snafupossum
Zilvia Member

snafupossum is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
When you say a Daily AND Project...you mean it as in 2 different cars right? Nothing is worst than having a daily that is also a project!!!

had 2 cars hahahahah
Old 04-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #49
Schwiegz
Leaky Injector

Schwiegz is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is how most of zilvia works:
Buy car-make it race car-think car is at its maximum peakness of awesome-sell race car-regret selling race car-buy newer race car-have smile on face until broken.

I wish I NEVER sold my silvia. Bought a kouki s14, but there is something about a silvia that my kouki just doesnt have. Don't sell it, or fall victim to my above writing.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #50
santosspl
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
santosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond reputesantosspl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to santosspl
At times, I dream of my blowoff and wastegate fluttering..my 20psi turbo spooling.
But am haunted by loose turbo nuts,blown oil hoses, leaking injectors, SQUEAKS.

I REGRET not selling the fucking thing A LOONG time ago and moving on with my car dreams much earlier in life. I have owned a 240 since 1996. And owned countless others afterwards. FUCKING BULLSHIT. If I saved up and stopped attending events and building over and over..I would have a nice Lotus Elise paid off.

Such a waste. Sell and fuck regrets.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #51
Piggy
Zilvia Junkie

Piggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosspl View Post
At times, I dream of my blowoff and wastegate fluttering..my 20psi turbo spooling.
But am haunted by loose turbo nuts,blown oil hoses, leaking injectors, SQUEAKS.

I REGRET not selling the fucking thing A LOONG time ago and moving on with my car dreams much earlier in life. I have owned a 240 since 1996. And owned countless others afterwards. FUCKING BULLSHIT. If I saved up and stopped attending events and building over and over..I would have a nice Lotus Elise paid off.

Such a waste. Sell and fuck regrets.
Yes, the Squeaks... >:0
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #52
s13panic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
s13panic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If you don't regret selling it you're clearly just a bandwagoner...
Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #53
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
call me crazy but currently i have my Z for sale in hopes of getting an s13 hatch again. i do not like payments..

Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #54
tr0n9h
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
tr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tr0n9h
sold my s14 kouki then bought an EVO X, i can tell you I am never going back. EVO X > s14 by aloooooottttt

Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #55
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
regret selling my s14 and buying an s13
4 years later... regret buying s14, 2x s13, fc3s, and current s14
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #56
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Being into cars sucks, period. It I didn't have a S14 it'd be some other money pit, so in that sense I don't regret having a S-Chassis specifically.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #57
davidpham
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
davidpham is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
yeah i regret selling my s14, now im stuck with a s13 fastback
Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #58
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^s13 kouki all the way bro!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #59
davidpham
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
davidpham is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
yup! thats my plan
Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #60
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
i do i would have a fully built finished s13 shit even s14 if i ever kept one but now im just gonna finish the last one, maybe a s14 later down the road. on my 15th s chassis