Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-31-2012, 06:14 AM   #1561
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
^^^How about you read the last couple pages in here and look around in here...
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-whee...s-no-post.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/166563-maxi...nt-thread.html

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #1562
Breakbeat93
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Breakbeat93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It's amazing how much you can learn if you start at page one and read through...view pics/posts, and google an offset calculator

I asked before but is anyone running max knuckles with 10j or there about in the front? Any lca/tie clearance issues?
Breakbeat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #1563
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Got Camber question-

Just installed brembo and had to use 20mm spacers on my wheels to clear. I'm running around -6 to -7 camber in the front. Tire size is 215/40. Will 215/35 give me enough clearance to run about -5 or -4?
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #1564
Sil#2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Sil#2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Finally

Ok I finally pulled the trigger on some wheels and need advice on tire size please.

S14
Coilovers
Varrstoen 2.2.1
Fronts 18x9.5 +12 thinking 245/40/18
Rears 18x10.5 +15 thinking 255/40/18

What do you guys think of that setup? Any fender work needed? And how will the handling be? Thanks in advance
Sil#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #1565
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakbeat93 View Post
It's amazing how much you can learn if you start at page one and read through...view pics/posts, and google an offset calculator

I asked before but is anyone running max knuckles with 10j or there about in the front? Any lca/tie clearance issues?
PM Knoop (95KA-Turbo), think he runs knuckles and 10js up front on his S14. He should be able to tell you if he had any clearance issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPrem View Post
Got Camber question-

Just installed brembo and had to use 20mm spacers on my wheels to clear. I'm running around -6 to -7 camber in the front. Tire size is 215/40. Will 215/35 give me enough clearance to run about -5 or -4?
Not 100% sure but to me, running undersized wheels is like raising the car up. All you're doing is giving yourself more gap/space between the tires and fenders. I think you'd have a better clearance if you can trim down your spacers to the min you need to clear the brakes. You probably just need about 12-13mm from my personal experience with most rims I've ran. And for ever 3mm you get back, is about 1* you can get back roughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil#2 View Post
Ok I finally pulled the trigger on some wheels and need advice on tire size please.

S14
Coilovers
Varrstoen 2.2.1
Fronts 18x9.5 +12 thinking 245/40/18
Rears 18x10.5 +15 thinking 255/40/18

What do you guys think of that setup? Any fender work needed? And how will the handling be? Thanks in advance
I would bet smaller tires, those are enormous!!! Look up tire calculators and use 205/55-16s for an overall diameter for reference you wanna shoot for the same diameter or maybe smaller. The larger 40 series 18" tires I'd run is 235/40-18s. Even those are larger than usual.

Also, why do you want to run such wide tires? Wider tires mean, more fender work you'd need to clear them.

My current setup is 18x10 +7 225/40-18 and 18x10.5 +10 235/40-18

If you insist on running 245-265 width tires, you'd need to kick it down to 35 series tires and massage the fenders some more or run more camber.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #1566
Sil#2
Zilvia Member

Sil#2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the info man. I kind of wanted to stay away from the stretch if possible.
Sil#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #1567
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil#2 View Post
Thanks for the info man. I kind of wanted to stay away from the stretch if possible.
Do yourself a favor then and look into this thread so you can get an idea of how much fender work you may have to do.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/166563-maxi...nt-thread.html

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #1568
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakbeat93 View Post

I am running their pro knuckle with 17X10 -18 up front and I hit the inside of my wheel well....like where the brake line comes out. The tension rod has some light scuffing on it but I don't feel any negative feedback through my steering wheel or anything. My front end is tubbed out...I'd assume you wouldn't even consider knuckles without doing that.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #1569
Happytimetom

Trader Rating: (0)
Happytimetom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Toyota 86 Fitment

Hey guys, first of all I understand this is a silvia forum however it's the only place ive found so far on the net where people seem to have a clue.
I have a Toyota 86 arriving in October and i'm looking at buying some wheels before it arrives. I have taken a liking to black 18" xxr 521's.

However i'm not sure how to get a nice fit (flush with the guards) I wont have coilovers so i will not be able to adjust ride height or camber, I just want some nice looking wheels that fit nicely and still be able to drive the car like it's designed to be driven.

Can anyone suggest how I can calculate the right tyres and wheels for me?

Also do you recommend getting them staggered? eg Wider at the back...

Thanks for any help
Happytimetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #1570
thisisastickup
Zilvia Junkie

thisisastickup is an unknown quantity at this point
you just spent 24 grand on a car and you're going to put 800 dollar wheels on it? don't. just don't.
thisisastickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #1571
Happytimetom

What would you suggest then? I've asked for opinions on xxr and people seem to think they are quite good. I'm open for any opinions, though i'm not going to buy $6000 wheels. xxr are lightweight and not cheap but not expensive.

I'm open for any suggestions, the question still remains on how to acheive the right fit though
Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #1572
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
I would suggest more research, what wheels are 6000$? Xxr are the cheapest wheels you can get, and talk about heavy. OEM > xxr
Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #1573
Happytimetom

So you would recommend oem? Xxr are not the cheapest. despite what wheels i get i still need a nice fit and that's really my question here. once i find the style of rim i want how to i measure and calculate things to ensure they will fit?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #1574
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytimetom View Post
So you would recommend oem? Xxr are not the cheapest. despite what wheels i get i still need a nice fit and that's really my question here. once i find the style of rim i want how to i measure and calculate things to ensure they will fit?
To level with you, keep in mind, a lot of us have only SEEN FRS'/86's around. Not a lot of own one or have worked on one.

I, myself, know nothing about what would be an ideal size/offset/width combo for that car.

My suggestion if you really want help from us, is to give us ideas on what the inner fender clearance is, what set up you are running, strut to knuckle distance, etc.

You even said it yourself, this is a Zilvia. Not a 86 forum. And please, don't settle for XXR. As mentioned, they are heavy. If you want wheels, go with RPF's or something, at least. Do the car some justice and not go with XXR's

For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #1575
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
having a car with a 5x100 lug pattern really sucks as far as wheel choices go. But you could get some CR-Kais or something like that in 5x100. I had them on my WRX when i was stationed in Japan.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #1576
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
OK, now I got this question about the little hanging dolls or whatever they are called. Now I do know on my Harley Sporty cafe Racer, and many harleys, we give our friends small anti gremlin bells to hang from the frame. Not only are they a good luck charm that annoys gremlins, but they are also a sign that we pull over for a bike on the side of the road and offer assistance. SO with that in mind, can someone explain to me the little black dude on this car? (yes, I have seen many of them around, just ignorant as to the why, please educate me)

Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #1577
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
^^^225/45-17 isnt bad fitment. Thats on point as far as overall diameter compared to the OEM wheels.
Went with the 225 45s and they fit nice. Just need to sort out camber, roll fenders and adjust ride height.
truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #1578
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ME GUSTA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Planning to get XXR 530 in 17x9.75 +25 offset for my completely stock body 95 s14.

Should I get the fenders rolled at the minimum? And what sizes tires should be looking at.

other wheel choice opinions are welcome, but I'm keeping the 4 lug. it's my daily and just need cheap wheels to make it look less like a junker.

also, will these look any good. by no means am I going for a super aggressive poke but i'd it to be at least flush.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #1579
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
OK, now I got this question about the little hanging dolls or whatever they are called. Now I do know on my Harley Sporty cafe Racer, and many harleys, we give our friends small anti gremlin bells to hang from the frame. Not only are they a good luck charm that annoys gremlins, but they are also a sign that we pull over for a bike on the side of the road and offer assistance. SO with that in mind, can someone explain to me the little black dude on this car? (yes, I have seen many of them around, just ignorant as to the why, please educate me)
No clue, I've been doing it on the last 3 cars i've had. For some reason, when I lose the damn things or dont have one hanging, I blow a fucking SR. Most folks say its coincidence but I'm a pretty superstitious person plus when you've blown 7 SRs, you kinda need all the help you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmtrS13 View Post
Went with the 225 45s and they fit nice. Just need to sort out camber, roll fenders and adjust ride height.
Thats on the 9.5js? Looks wide as hell for some reason...what brand tires are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA View Post
Planning to get XXR 530 in 17x9.75 +25 offset for my completely stock body 95 s14.

Should I get the fenders rolled at the minimum? And what sizes tires should be looking at.

other wheel choice opinions are welcome, but I'm keeping the 4 lug. it's my daily and just need cheap wheels to make it look less like a junker.

also, will these look any good. by no means am I going for a super aggressive poke but i'd it to be at least flush.
Look on the last 2 pages, somebody asked the same exact question as you with the same exact mentality in mind.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #1580
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Bros I just picked up an r32 skyline and I don't have many wheels to test fit. anyone have a general width and offset to get me into the ballpark? More or less offset than. S13? S14?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #1581
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
Bros I just picked up an r32 skyline and I don't have many wheels to test fit. anyone have a general width and offset to get me into the ballpark? More or less offset than. S13? S14?

Big difference between GTRs vs GTS-Ts. Follow skinny regimes like S13 sizings, not because of smaller wheel wells like on the S13 but the fenders doesnt bulge out as much. If its a GTR, you can run 10.5j +12 and still be able to run meaty ass 255-265s all around with some fender work.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #1582
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

ME GUSTA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No clue, I've been doing it on the last 3 cars i've had. For some reason, when I lose the damn things or dont have one hanging, I blow a fucking SR. Most folks say its coincidence but I'm a pretty superstitious person plus when you've blown 7 SRs, you kinda need all the help you can get.

Thats on the 9.5js? Looks wide as hell for some reason...what brand tires are they?

Look on the last 2 pages, somebody asked the same exact question as you with the same exact mentality in mind.
I'm worried about inner clearance with the coils. I could only compare it to the 18x9 +12. Against the 9.75 +25, the inner clearance is about 15mm less.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #1583
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

9's and cooper rs3 s
truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #1584
Happytimetom

Thanks for your help, Do you know which wheels those are the bottom red 86? if not just the source of the picture would be awesome.

Thanks again, Tom
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #1585
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmtrS13 View Post
9's and cooper rs3 s
I mean it looks alright to me. That's why I suggested 215/40

It just looks like a mexiballoonflush mess to me but hey, not my car.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #1586
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Big difference between GTRs vs GTS-Ts. Follow skinny regimes like S13 sizings, not because of smaller wheel wells like on the S13 but the fenders doesnt bulge out as much. If its a GTR, you can run 10.5j +12 and still be able to run meaty ass 255-265s all around with some fender work.
its a gtst and thanks for the info

fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #1587
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
I mean it looks alright to me. That's why I suggested 215/40

It just looks like a mexiballoonflush mess to me but hey, not my car.
It just looks weird, this is some 245/40-17s Generals on 17x9js +22 and it doesnt look like a balloon. Looks more square to me when I had it.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #1588
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytimetom View Post
Hey guys, first of all I understand this is a silvia forum however it's the only place ive found so far on the net where people seem to have a clue.
I have a Toyota 86 arriving in October and i'm looking at buying some wheels before it arrives. I have taken a liking to black 18" xxr 521's.

However i'm not sure how to get a nice fit (flush with the guards) I wont have coilovers so i will not be able to adjust ride height or camber, I just want some nice looking wheels that fit nicely and still be able to drive the car like it's designed to be driven.

Can anyone suggest how I can calculate the right tyres and wheels for me?

Also do you recommend getting them staggered? eg Wider at the back...

Thanks for any help
Here you go !!!

BRZ / FR-S Wheels Gallery Directory and Wheel Fitment Guide Chart - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #1589
moowee240
Leaky Injector

moowee240 is an unknown quantity at this point
OK SO YOU GUYS THINK THESE WILL FIT. i got an amazing deal on a set of genuine hre wheels, only thing is they are sized 17x10 and 17 x13!! rear..the front has a lip of 3.5 to 4 ish inchs and the rears have a 5 inch lip. they had 315 tire on the rear and 245 on the front.. im running fortune coilovers, lowered but not too lowered and am geting 50mm rear over fenders and 40mm front fenders. this is a s13 coupe by the way...
moowee240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #1590
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
^ Need to post the offsets too, but those tires are big.

So I have 30mm rear over's installed on my car.

Just slapped on some 25mm spacers on my wheels.

18x10 -7 = effective offset.

I'm really not THAT low right now.

I'm going to get an alignment. But I have a question about the rubbing.

Looks, alright. Still need to have the camber/toe messed with.

But it's not even drive-able like that.

Was wondering where the hell I was rubbing at, took the wheel off and found out:

So what it's rubbing on, is the inside of what looks to be the old fender? Did the people who did my over-fenders not do a proper job? I don't understand how I'm supposed to get around this, save for maybe banging on them with a hammer or something. I don't know if playing with the suspension will get it to clear that. It's like the inner lip of the old fender.

Thoughts? And please don't quote all my pics in the reply.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote