Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #301
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DOOR_LIFE View Post
I really don't give a shit what you rock. IMO they shouldn't be on any japanese car. stretched tires and wide 15's rarely look on good on an s chassis.

people using "alternative's" are the reason why so many good companies have gone/or are going under.
I understand that you don't like it/don't agree with it and that's fine. I think 15's are a little small even; I'd say 16 is the sweet spot for me and even then I think it's hard to pull off. 17-18's are easy to make look nice but I think 15-16 can too with some work. The ones in the op are prime examples of this to me. Plus it has its advantages in cost and performance; which is mainly what I'm interested in staying smaller for.

This is an appreciation thread though, so if you're not appreciative of this style, then why post here?

Here's one doing it well IMO, just some random I found googling.

LuckyX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #302
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
wheel specs on both please, also what rims are on both of these?
First one looks like SSR Formula Mesh to me.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #303
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
This is an appreciation thread though, so if you're not appreciative of this style, then why post here?
I love old school style man, I'm all about it. Its just that small wheels aren't easy to pull off on s13's,14's,and 15's. and if you notice nearly all the cars which have made this thread worth looking at were all from Japan. while others posted are just crappy junk 240's with small wheels because they couldn't afford any bigger, and the rest are just plain ugly. As someone said earlier its hit or miss.

Then you have the non s chassis cars which have been posted in this thread. The majority of them look good because its the style from that era, period correct if you will.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #304
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
stock wheels wheels dont count, if you count stock wheels you might as well say the car has to stay stock height. And drift freak do you remember back when there was not any cars and everyone walked everywhere? Or rode horses? Damn, I swear every time I see one of your posts, it is trying to play all high and mighty as if you invented the s chassis and everything related to it. You don't know me and your assumption is wrong.

My post about 15s, and 16's was about people posting cars that came with tiny ass wheels in the first place and even when people replace the stocks with after market they didnt really increase the size, like g10s, starlets and miatas, because those car always look like shit with 17's or bigger.
Dude first off I was not talking about stock wheels. There were plenty of people rocking after market 15's and 16's back in the late 90's and even early 2000's with increased widths and different offsets. Just because you were not there and did not participate, does not your general assumption about the times right. You literally speak out of shear ignorance.

Second off I do know you , I have sold shit to you and bought stuff from you. Oh but wait you probably have forgotten because your to busy posting ignorant stuff that is misinformation. I am not playing high high mighty, you just put yourself in the position of having to be corrected and resent it.

Get the fuck over it. It seems I have touched a nerve with you which means you know you were wrong and did not like the fact that I corrected you. Guess what I hate bullshit misinformation.

Oh and no I do not try to play high mighty I just post the facts I know. If there were less ignorant posts by people like you there would be no need for correction.

Perhaps more of you should do you research before talking about things you don't know.

Oh and don't cry about this because you opened up the attack here not I. All I did was correct your statement.

To everyone else I am sorry that this guys attack caused me to respond. I have nothing further to say here that is off topic to the thread.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #305
blatantforchange
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
blatantforchange is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
wheel specs on both please, also what rims are on both of these?
F: Rota Shakotan, but the 5x114.3 is strange. 15x9 -10?
R: Are those mesh with pic quality playing tricks? Or a solid Centerline style?
blatantforchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #306
justcallmecuz

justcallmecuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatantforchange View Post
F: Rota Shakotan, but the 5x114.3 is strange. 15x9 -10?
R: Are those mesh with pic quality playing tricks? Or a solid Centerline style?

Fronts aren't Rotas. They are Hayashi Streets.

Rears are SSR MK1

Mesh on the white car appear to be SSR Mesh.

Sorry no idea on Specs.
justcallmecuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #307
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
@drift freaq the correct phrase is high AND mighty.. please stop saying high mighty
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #308
Houseof1817
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Houseof1817 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Houseof1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #309
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #310
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Yup, this thread is still shit.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #311
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
NO NO

It will get better......

When someone else in japan build another car for people to post.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #312
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
NO NO

It will get better......

When someone else in japan build another car for people to post.
I do not appreciate the "dorisha" that has been shown from American owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #313
Sarom_ps13
Zilvia Member

Sarom_ps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does this qualify?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #314
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Yup, this thread is still shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarom_ps13 View Post
Does this qualify?
Indeed it does.

Leave this shit in 95.

Last edited by ILoveMyRHS13; 10-05-2011 at 12:52 AM..
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #315
chinabean
Zilvia Addict

chinabean is an unknown quantity at this point
spotted this in the kouki thread, not bad at all
Old 10-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #316
SxMachine
Zilvia Member

SxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her self

Old 10-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #317
SxMachine
Zilvia Member

SxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her self
Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #318
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I don't remember selling you anything, but maybe I did. By high and mighty , I mean that you act like you were the first one there on the scene , or have been around to see it all. Maybe your just that damn old. I wasn't old enough to buy a new s13 and s14 and drive at the same time, but I don't see how that makes me full of shit. My bad. I was around then too, and it was common to see after market 15s, and 16s, we just lived in different places and back when I was getting into it, like 2000ish, I rarely saw a modified s13 or s14 but the majority of people ran 16s and 17s from what I remember. Anyway, it doesn't matter, but I know that although you may think I am full of it, I am not, its just the smallest meaningless shit, strikes a nerve in you to feel like you need to correct anyone and everyone. It gets really annoying, more annoying than miss information. You seem to forget the sense of community or you just want to be the book keeper or the leader.

Im not even mad, it just seems like every other post is you being an oldfart. I should have just taken it to pm, and asked you what your beef was.

by the way, that white kouki looks a little weird with wheels that small.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #319
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
for someone who likes hotdog vents
Old 10-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #320
Sleepy_Steve
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Sleepy_Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

US S14, no riveted overs, 16's... Kinda fits in the thread. Even if it is mostly a grip car.

16x8+15 RPF1. 225/50 tires seem to be kinda meaty. Slightly over square. Azenis above, Yoko A048's below. Might need to roll again when the r-comps go back on at the current ride height.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #321
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
A dorisha car is a drift car?

How does that belong?
Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #322
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
[QUOTE=pacotaco345;4276525]Since I was the first post on this page and didn't put up a picture:
[IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/pacotaco345/30731_1424432606047_1089691944_31284123_270385_n.j pgIMG]
[IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/pacotaco345/30731_1424269321965_1089691944_31283537_7582050_n. jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/pacotaco345/30731_1424269041958_1089691944_31283533_5982559_n. jpg[/IG]
[/QOTE]
how did you get my old pictures from zomg BBQ 2years ago
Old 10-08-2011, 03:44 AM   #323
chinabean
Zilvia Addict

chinabean is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
I don't remember selling you anything, but maybe I did. By high and mighty , I mean that you act like you were the first one there on the scene , or have been around to see it all. Maybe your just that damn old. I wasn't old enough to buy a new s13 and s14 and drive at the same time, but I don't see how that makes me full of shit. My bad. I was around then too, and it was common to see after market 15s, and 16s, we just lived in different places and back when I was getting into it, like 2000ish, I rarely saw a modified s13 or s14 but the majority of people ran 16s and 17s from what I remember. Anyway, it doesn't matter, but I know that although you may think I am full of it, I am not, its just the smallest meaningless shit, strikes a nerve in you to feel like you need to correct anyone and everyone. It gets really annoying, more annoying than miss information. You seem to forget the sense of community or you just want to be the book keeper or the leader.

Im not even mad, it just seems like every other post is you being an oldfart. I should have just taken it to pm, and asked you what your beef was.

by the way, that white kouki looks a little weird with wheels that small.
It's called trolling.

Even if the thread's title changed, there will still be people who would nit pick at the content of the thread or individuals participating within it.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #324
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Trolling? Because nobody on zilvia can manage to follow thread titles?

Maybe if all you noobs could post the right pics in the right places less people would bitch. We went 10 years without this problem and ALL of a sudden we shouldnt care because you sloppy lazy fucks cant read/understand a thread title.

For example,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
US S14, no riveted overs, 16's... Kinda fits in the thread. Even if it is mostly a grip car.
This is a DIRECT contradiction of the thread title.
To you guys this is a "post cars with 15/16's (or whatever cheap bullshit you could afford) on them thread". Look at all the cars SXMachine posted. Not a single one is a drift car.

As the OP chinabean, you should be the first one pointing these things out, not telling people its acceptable.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #325
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Shitty thread is, as shitty thread does.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #326
Wake
Premium Member

And then zar! sums up my 3 paragraph post with a one liner.

ZING!
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #327
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hate to agree wit zar but

Quote:
U.G.L.Y.
You ain't got no alibi you ugly
Eh! Hey! You ugly
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #328
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

jeezus. what the fuck is so hard about reading the goddamn guidelines?

and a couple for teh lulz:

PS: if any of the owners have a problem with me posting their car, PM me for removal.
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #329
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Shouldn't be a problem because the only good looking ones are from Japan.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #330
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Shouldn't be a problem because the only good looking ones are from Japan.

sad but true.
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote