Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
s13#2

Trader Rating: (0)
s13#2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this beyond repair

I know that this car is a unibody, could a body shop and fix this to how it look stock??
s13#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
I've seen worst..time for tube front and adjustable arms ..
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
anything is repairable if you have the money and/or skills
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
I've seen worst..time for tube front and adjustable arms ..
oh fuck.

that one really bugs me.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
FUBAR

Msglength.
2.5T_/<ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's really hard to tell without seeing more, really depend on if that's cosmetic or if there is damage to subframe, wheel well, radiator support etc... I mean even though that stuff is still fixable, if you personally dont have the tools or the know how I would say its too far gone
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
oh fuck.

that one really bugs me.
Why? I'm curious to know!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
That doesnt look bad a tall what the hell its an easy fix.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
s13#2

the frame is bent a little right next to the right of the head light Ill tak mor pics with the fender off when I get home. Im so bumed about it man:/
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
cmg
Zilvia Member

cmg is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
Why? I'm curious to know!!!
You should have said "I've seen worse."
cmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
dude thats barely anything. new fender, bumper, a few other minor things. i would estimate maybe under $500 in repair parts (using mostly used parts.) but def under $1000. without a professional paint job, of course.
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.5T_/<ouki View Post
FUBAR

Msglength.

i lol'd

I CANT EVEN TELL WHAT KIND OF CAR THIS IS ANYMORE
Old 04-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
jdmspooge
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
jdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
That front left apron and other sheetmetal is thrashed from the looks of it. Contact "Vatche" he has the apron from a parts car, i think.

GL fixing it tho.
jdmspooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Anywho I think you might be alright even if it's a little bent in you can just use a come-a-long to pull it back out or if you know anyone who welds you could just get them to fix it... Otherwise ur shit outa luck but good news is you can get a shell for next to nothing and swap all the stuff over and then sell ur old shell to someone willing and capable of doing the work to fix it
Namaste mother f**ker
Old 04-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
if you cant make the decision yourself, sell it off and buy a honda
Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Come-a-long, BFH and you good ..pull metal for the most part and fine tune with the BFH...
Old 04-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
sash_ak21
Zilvia Member

sash_ak21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitively salvageable, even if the frame is out nothing a little pull cant fix.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purestock240 View Post
if you cant make the decision yourself, sell it off and buy a honda
Really guy? What if he just has no prior experience with doing body work of this level? Maybe he's coming here to ask ppl who do if they think he should bother with it? That seems reasonable... You know back before you were this awesome all powerful Nissan guru, you were once uneducated about such things... So why shit on his thread? Cus ur a douche?... Yeah I'm gonna go with that.
Namaste mother f**ker
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSR20Kid View Post
Really guy? What if he just has no prior experience with doing body work of this level? Maybe he's coming here to ask ppl who do if they think he should bother with it? That seems reasonable... You know back before you were this awesome all powerful Nissan guru, you were once uneducated about such things... So why shit on his thread? Cus ur a douche?... Yeah I'm gonna go with that.
you shouldnt need experience doing bodywork of this level to determine that it is fixable or not
Old 04-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #20
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
you shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbvNA7jo-SUhouldnt need experience doing bodywork of this level to determine that it is fixable or not
No I'm talking more just experience in general and/or any kind of body work. To someone that doesn't know much about cars or S13's or has never faced or known ppl that have faced issues like this it would be hard to tell if its salvageable. Perhaps he didn't know about come-a-longs or perhaps he's never even thought about fixing shit like this in the past, hell before I got into nissans and worked in a few shops I wouldve thought a smashed in rear quarter panel meant totaled car (which is not the case), and either way I think he asked a reasonable question, and believe me I would've been the first person to get on his case if this was another one of those "how to fix my bent frame rail" or "im 18 and want a skyline" useless threads... This case is valid and you are just a troll but whatever I'm not about to argue anymore with an 18 year old toolbag... Good day

**for the record I know this isn't a damaged rear quarter panel, just thought I should throw that out there, I know the way you trolls argue
Namaste mother f**ker
Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #21
khabra
Leaky Injector

khabra is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSR20Kid View Post
No I'm talking more just experience in general and/or any kind of body work. To someone that doesn't know much about cars or S13's or has never faced or known ppl that have faced issues like this it would be hard to tell if its salvageable. Perhaps he didn't know about come-a-longs or perhaps he's never even thought about fixing shit like this in the past, hell before I got into nissans and worked in a few shops I wouldve thought a smashed in rear quarter panel meant totaled car (which is not the case), and either way I think he asked a reasonable question, and believe me I would've been the first person to get on his case if this was another one of those "how to fix my bent frame rail" or "im 18 and want a skyline" useless threads... This case is valid and you are just a troll but whatever I'm not about to argue anymore with an 18 year old toolbag... Good day

**for the record I know this isn't a damaged rear quarter panel, just thought I should throw that out there, I know the way you trolls argue
I <3 you on so many levels for that. lol
khabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #22
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KA-Life86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
To straight forward answer the exact question you asked, yes, a reputable body shop could fix that back to exactly how it looked before...minus faded paint obviously. But the question I'm sure you really want answered is, is it worth having fixed? Depending on how clean the car is, I'd say yes it is worth fixing. If the car is in otherwise good shape and it's the only car/s-chassis you have, it's worth your time and money to fix
KA-Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #23
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

cool video about posers holding a couple hundred bucks infront of some shithole they all probably call home, wouldnt be surprised if your one of them

serious answer for the op: yes it can be fixed, pick up a new fender, bumper, headlight assembly, and maybe a hood, cant tell if its damaged,(this should all be easy to come by and cheap from a scrap yard, person parting a car, or someone who just bought a kit/ conversion) have a friend or two over, take it apart, rig up the new stuff to where it looks good, if mounting points dont line up, smash them with a BFH (big funkin hammer) until they do line up, or at least get them close then re-drill the hole. bolt it all on, make sure it lines up properly, then remove the parts that need to be painted again, hit up google and find a few painting how-to's. then put it all back on, tah-dah!

its not the 100% proper way to do it, but its a 20 year old nissan not a new lexus.

before you do all of this measure the wheel base center to center on each side and make sure it hasnt shifted, take the wheel of and make sure there is no kinks in the frame rail and that the mounting points for any suspension has not moved. once again, best is to ask a buddy to come check it out for a 2nd opinion.

I wouldnt take it to a shop, again its a old nissan....
you may need to spend $200 on parts, $100 on paint and idk $250 on tools (not sure what you have to work with) but its going to be wayyyyy cheaper than the body shop, around here judging by your pic I would say its a $2400 fix.

if you are unsure of a process, or the condition of something, ask a friend, take a pic and post it on here, or google away.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #24
s13#2

Ok im not an idiot, thanks to all the poeple who had constuctive advice for me. To all the assholes out there i have never used a pull along but on my old car my pops and I put straps around the bent part of the fram and attatched it to my truck and pulled the fram. im guessing this is the same concept as a pull along. I know about the s/chassis its my 3rd one but never had one this damaged. I took off the fender and front bumper and most of the damage was done to the fender minor fame damage; but it does ned to be pulled out. I guess my plan is to pull the frame close to back where it is and do a silvia front end conversion since the light most likely wont line back up straight. Ill post up pics of the car with the fender of so you guys can see.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #25
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13#2 View Post
Ok im not an idiot, thanks to all the poeple who had constuctive advice for me. To all the assholes out there i have never used a pull along but on my old car my pops and I put straps around the bent part of the fram and attatched it to my truck and pulled the fram. im guessing this is the same concept as a pull along. I know about the s/chassis its my 3rd one but never had one this damaged. I took off the fender and front bumper and most of the damage was done to the fender minor fame damage; but it does ned to be pulled out. I guess my plan is to pull the frame close to back where it is and do a silvia front end conversion since the light most likely wont line back up straight. Ill post up pics of the car with the fender of so you guys can see.
Hey I hope u know I wasn't tryin to attack u just trying to prove a point to that one ass hat... But yes!!! This is a perfect opportunity to go Silvia front. Was this an accident if you don't mind me asking? Or did you buy it this way?

Quote:
cool video about posers holding a couple hundred bucks infront of some shithole they all probably call home, wouldnt be surprised if your one of them
What fucking video? Was this directed towards me?

So glad to see you've joined the constructive advice side of the thread I'm sure the op is happy for some more constructive input

Either way op it sounds like you know what's up and you got some help with the car so go for it! Fix it up and build it up. I would rather see an s chassis get rebuilt than thrown away, I mean although there are a lot of them, they aren't gonna last forever
Namaste mother f**ker
Old 04-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

yea, it was you read your posts........
Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #27
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
a simple thread turned to shit becuase of dumb fucks...
for sure you need the body panels, you probly just need arms..
enjoy
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #28
azndan2
Leaky Injector

azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
Nice
Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #29
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
yea, it was you read your posts........
Haha wow you are the purest form of weak ass bitch... You go talk shit on other posts that I did in a music thread. For the record those rappers live in DC and I live in nor cal, so no I'm not in those videos. And I guarantee those guys standing in front of their shithole houses make more in an hour than you will in a month. I don't know em but my buddy does.

This is irrelevant OP let us know what u decide and how it all turns out, good luck with everything.

Purestock go take ur lil 18 year old trolling self somewhere else with other douchey trolls cus at least there you won't sound like a worthless waste of life
Namaste mother f**ker
Old 04-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #30
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240zach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Purestock was probably the kid who owned a honda and thought he was badass with his little v-tec bullshit till he found out that FWD=fail. Now that he has a 240 he knows all there is to know.lol now he's guna go lurk through all my shit too so its all good.
240zach is offline   Reply With Quote