Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Car covers?

I was just wondering what brands and models you guys/gals use. I'm looking for something weatherproof for when I'm trailering it in the rain. My 240 is garaged most of the time so I'd like to protect it from dust also.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I bought one from Pepboys for like 40 bucks. i have had it for around 3 years now. well worth it.
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
come on edwin, 40 bucks? i expect more from you

if you care about your paint, buy a good car cover. thats lesson #1

i highly recommend the folks at BigSkyCarCovers.com, they sell kimberly clark and ive used the NOAH and Weathershield materials.

For my garage car, I stuck with NOAH. If its out-doors, I suggest weathershield.

good luck
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
come on edwin, 40 bucks? i expect more from you

if you care about your paint, buy a good car cover. thats lesson #1

i highly recommend the folks at BigSkyCarCovers.com, they sell kimberly clark and ive used the NOAH and Weathershield materials.

For my garage car, I stuck with NOAH. If its out-doors, I suggest weathershield.

good luck

well this whole time, my car had the OEM paint and was crappy. wait til i get my paint job, then i will buy the fancy shit. Mike you know me sorry if I failed you....
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
if you are looking for a water proof one they usually are good however dont have much padding inside so the only time you want to put it on your car is when you have your car freshly washed.... other wise if you put it on it just sort of rubs against the dirt and may scratch.... i still prefer them over the full fabric ones because the fabric ones since they arent water proof everything just soaks right through them onto your car... when you look for a car cover.. look for one that is 100% waterproof, also i think the high end ones probably 80$ + some of them are 100% water proof but with a fabric on the inside so your paint both stays dry and not abrasive.. ebay has alot of choices
Old 07-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #6
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
In my opinion having a 100% waterproof cover is a bad idea. The cover needs to be able to breath so that it does not trap in moisture. Unless you garage your car or park somewhere where there is absolutely no wind, I wouldnt recommend having a cover on. As the breeze/wind moves your cover, dust will find its way inside and starting scratching the paint from the cover continuously moving (even if its just a little). It wont be anything major but it will give you swirls etc.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Agreed ^^

100% waterproof covers will retain moisture and do more dmg than the latter. Ive gone through 3 different covers in the past 2 yrs... My suggestion is to not pinch a penny on a cover. The 40$ special covers are not durable. With the Florida weather, the cheapo cover lasted 6 months.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
ze12o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
ze12o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
If you can find a honda oem bb6 prelude car cover they fit perfectly
Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
i bought a oem 350z cover the material they use is great. I ended up using it on my 240 its a bit tight but it works
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
the prices you guys talk about is crazy, 40-80 bucks for a cover? on what planet

the NOAH fabric typically runs around 200, the weathershield HP is 300, the HD is 400 - approximate prices, and they are form-fit for the car. costcos so-so quality so-so fit cover runs around 100-150, and i personally dont like those covers.

all fabrics should breath. the noah material tends to repel light moisture but under heavy rain will get saturated. no matter, it keeps dirt out which is the most important feature. water always evaporates through the fabric, as others have pointed out which is of utmost importance

the weathershield material is pretty awesome, repels water very well. cover is very light and compact, excellent sun/uv resistance.. longer warranty.

my noah cover protected one of my cars for 3 years before it degraded and began to disintegrate. it was replaced under warranty, which is totally awesome.

i dont know about you guys, but you need to think about what the purpose of a car cover really is for. if you want to protect your car from the elements, a good car cover is of utmost importance. your seats, your dash, your paint - it will all stay protected. skimp out on a car cover and that shit will blow off in the wind
Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
If you do not get 100% water proof when you leave your car outside and it happens to rain.. your car WILL get soaked... also when the non waterproof covers get soaked and then dry when you wake up in the morning.. it leaves horrible looking crease marks all over the place.. I personally have never had any moisture issues or any condensation issues with this cover.. its saved me a couple times when ive had car meets or shows to go to i can just pull the cover off after a long rainy day and just go.. Its doesnt hold as much moisture as users are saying..
Old 07-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

nonsense

neither car cover i have locks water out, neither does it leave streaks.

you know that rain water carries no minerals, therefor it does not streak.

^ noah fabric

weathershield material:
http://image.mustang50magazine.com/f...-car-cover.jpg
Old 07-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
drivens13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
drivens13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tryed the middle of the road pepboys cover years ago and didn't go so well. The cover lasted maybe a 1year before it started to disintegrate. 100% waterproof with 10year IIRC. Been thinking of looking for another one.
drivens13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:02 AM   #14
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
240sx people cover their car.. WOW... is this real or dream? Next people are going to discuss they wash and wax their car. Where did you guys come from? The last time I saw a clean 240sx was 10 or 20 years ago.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

^ eat my ass
Old 07-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #16
spartanmisfit
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
spartanmisfit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
X2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
spartanmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #17
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
the NOAH fabric typically runs around 200
^^ Agreed

Ive had my Noah cover for a couple years, worked great while my car was temporarily stored outside while moving. Hands down worth the $200 I spent on it.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
jholman05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jholman05
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurud View Post
240sx people cover their car.. WOW... is this real or dream? Next people are going to discuss they wash and wax their car. Where did you guys come from? The last time I saw a clean 240sx was 10 or 20 years ago.
Yes we're for real, the last time I saw a clean 240sx was when I pulled my truck out of the garage this morning.

I've actually bought two of the Wolf Noah car covers. After a couple years I gave the one to my dad to keep the dust off his car in the garage. The fit is exceptional, like a glove.

Winter storage...

My dad's project.
jholman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
iv gone throgh 2 covers in the last 10 years
blessedhellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #20
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The only covers I have used are Noah ones, and I will never use anything else.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #21
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i think I'm sold on a NOAH, thank you all for your input!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #22
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
i think I'm sold on a NOAH, thank you all for your input!
good. now go buy it from big sky car covers because they are a small company, good people - and excellent customer service. theyve helped me out in the past bigtime.