Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #31
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
lolllllllll I just noticed the zipties AROUND the latches.

Damn florida, that one almost slipped past me.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #32
sky53line
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sky53line is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sky53line
Lol Ill be the first one to tell you my whole car looks like shit. The only purpose of these stupid latches is just to take the bumper on and off quickly when at events or to put it on a trailer. But yes, to reiterate it, the car does look like shit.
sky53line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #33
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Poor Florida kid. Finally found a thread he thought his vehicle could be relevant to and he gets made fun of.

You did it to yourself bro.

Why the shitty quick release? Is a couple bolts up top and a couple zip ties on the sides, really take so long that you need to make your car look like shit?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #34
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
im at a real loss of words nowadays

every time someone posts a pic of their car in some thread (besides damons mitten thread, or toby's lack of update thread).... i think to myself "what kind of car is that"

seriously... a lot of the cars, they just look so wild and exotic, fitted with these super rare body kits. totally confuses me. i have to check the link at the top of my browser to think im not on NSXprime, FerrariChat or some other forum..... then i say to myself "THIS IS ZILVIA"

race cars. wide body. fasteners w/ zip ties. that nissan road race forum is bullshit, THIS is where its at.

often times, i think ide like to post on other forums like clublexus or one of the various miata forums, and then realize that the people on those forums are..... like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-oZ7DcQPWQ

i dont think i would ever reach a level of tuning like this guy. so instead, i sit back on zilvia and just relax.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #35
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky53line View Post
I thought the same thing back when I was fitting my body kit... ended up just going to lowes and getting some latches. They work fine. Hold tight. I have 2 zipties in the front holding on to it to pull the front up and keep it from sagging and thats it as far as zipties go. I can have my bumper off in about 20 seconds and back on in another minute or 2.

The fuck is this? seriously you should not be allowed to even drive a car let alone modify one.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #36
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
External fasteners aren't necessary.
I have 2 bolts in the middle of the bumper in the bumper retainer and a ziptie on each side to keep the corners from sagging.

Removing those and the lights from the bumper takes me like a minute and a half tops.

Cutting my bumper removal time down by 30 seconds isn't worth unsightly latches.
chris_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #37
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

every time someone posts a pic of their car in some thread (besides damons mitten thread, or toby's lack of update thread).... i think to myself "what kind of car is that"

seriously... a lot of the cars, they just look so wild and exotic, fitted with these super rare body kits. totally confuses me. i have to check the link at the top of my browser to think im not on NSXprime, FerrariChat or some other forum..... then i say to myself "THIS IS ZILVIA"

race cars. wide body. fasteners w/ zip ties. that nissan road race forum is bullshit, THIS is where its at.

often times, i think ide like to post on other forums like clublexus or one of the various miata forums, and then realize that the people on those forums are..... like this:

i dont think i would ever reach a level of tuning like this guy. so instead, i sit back on zilvia and just relax.
WTF did I just watch?!?! I always thought ricers have an expiration age of about 30 yrs old. Figured at that point, you'd either have enough money to stop buying ricey shit, or get a better car or be too old to be fucking with cars.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #38
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Pagani Zonda's use belt buckle latches...why doesn't my 240sx look like a zonda?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #39
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
WTF did I just watch?!?!
blew your fucking mind, right?

im telling you... just when you think this forum is full of idiots, i post a link like that and it makes you think twice.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #40
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Most of the guys I see driving Miatas are old creepy looking dudes, either that or the fat loser type.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #41
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
blew your fucking mind, right?

im telling you... just when you think this forum is full of idiots, i post a link like that and it makes you think twice.

seriously mind blown.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:45 AM   #42
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so many people have said to use zip ties....
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #43
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
so many people have said to use zip ties....
you can get metal zipties that are detachable and reusable. so you get a clean look and reliability.
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #44
myKAl
Zilvia Member

myKAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

i thank you for this
myKAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #45
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky53line View Post
Lol Ill be the first one to tell you my whole car looks like shit. The only purpose of these stupid latches is just to take the bumper on and off quickly when at events or to put it on a trailer. But yes, to reiterate it, the car does look like shit.
Why would you take your aero off at events? Then it just looks stupid. I let my shit rip off, then I leave it there till I'm done with my runs.

Which brings me to saying this again, ZIPTIES. They aren't rice or whatever if they're saving your shit from breaking into a million pieces.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #46
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
I've noticed a lot of hardparked queens use these

Where do you get these at? Somebody link me!!!
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #47
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
At first when I saw that video I thought to myself, 'This video is too fucking long'. But it was like watching a train wreck... Soon after I found myself watching the second video.

TOO AWESOME.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #48
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I wish I had a camera to show you all my setup.. I remove my bumper in a matter of seconds when I need to.
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #49
!Zar!
Post Whore!

You're from florida, no you don't.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #50
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
You're from florida, no you don't.
lol ^______^
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #51
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-oZ7DcQPWQ

i feel weird now, dafuq's going on???!
the MAIN reason for body kits for guys like us is looks, and putting all this stupid shi+ on them make them look ugly, visible sip ties and the florida latches, not to mention all the sagging... if it doesnt fall when driving over speed bumps or over potholes i dont really understand how the hell it can fall off immediately when crashing at an event, i dont even get how it is better to loose it and drive over it and break it (fiberglass, most of us) than to let it hang and drag it till part of it falls off (or your run's over when drifting) for that matter. Fast removal? to save what, 3 min, maybe 5 if you're fat n slow? I mean i doubt that many of us in here r pros and need to shave seconds, in that case you're driving the wrong car... Just save for a damn battery drill and do it the right way, maybe skip a bolt here and there if you're extremely lazy...
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #52
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KA-Life86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slydin240sx View Post
Where do you get these at? Somebody link me!!!
Here you go friend

Password:JDM Quick Release Fasteners | Password JDM
KA-Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #53
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-Life86 View Post
Thank you!!!
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #54
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

They are a lot bigger than I thought they were, some black ones on my black zenki might not look too bad, but I have to admit they look like dog dick on all the Hondas and acuras I'm seeing them on so far :/ I need to do something with mine for sure, thought about running some aero catches right above the marker lights

Edit: here are some related links I have found

http://www.b15u.com/member-rides-pro...e-11**-12.html

Post 236 on this page shows the password Jdm ones on a clean sentra.

http://www.b15u.com/exterior-modific...k-release.html

I believe the same member has compiled a few other forms here...ignore the retarded h2 latches lol
Old 07-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #55
prowess

prowess is an unknown quantity at this point
best way i've found to mount the front bumper is this:

I threaded bolts in from the bottom of the top bumper supports to use wing nuts for quick removal.

plz excuse the rust.. it holds well, but im going to get some larger diameter washers on there..

at the sides i used "variable depth push fasteners for GM" from Lowe's. they look like this:

and finally at the corners I use 1 zip tie per side. The bumper doesn't fit as great as oem, with all the bracketry and bolts, but with it mounted this way I can remove it in a couple minutes.

prowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #56
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

I like the wingnut idea
Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #57
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

OH JESUS!!

OH JESUS!!!

IM DYIN.... Holy hell, I'm crying from laughing so hard...

Are we sure this guy isn't a transplant from Florida to AZ?
vehicle336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #58
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
wtf did i just watch....
i even watched the 2nd vid...

i dont think he's trollin either....
neither are the people commenting on his car...
Quote:
Your cars bad ass
Quote:
Very well done Peter!!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #59
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i feel bad for the dude with the miata. cuz i like his voice. very friendly.

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #60
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
nice 360 though
rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote