Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
streetprototype is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my AZkognition replica sunroof delete panel for s13

So when I bought my s13 it didn't have a sunroof. Instead was a piece of plexiglass slapped on with adhesive.all jagged edges and really just ghetto. Lol. had time today and a made a panel AZkognition did only for s14. And no I couldn't find another sunroof.if you're thinking why I didn't go that route. Before and after pics

Before:

After:
streetprototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Soo... How much HP do all those stickers add?

Seriously though, looks pretty nice... Need to get that ducttape glue off the roof though. And painting the rivets black would look good to.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Yeah I'm still working on cleaning it up and got black touch up paint to cover the rivets
Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
sr23det
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
sr23det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
kognition did make s13 sunroof deletes, i got one for my hatch and seen one that was for sale thats for a s13 couple several months ago
sr23det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Oh well damn. Last time I research it they said only for s14. I did see a blue hatch with one. And people on here were wanting one too for a s13. When I read on here.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
That looks really nice!!! Well done!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Btw thanks guys for the thumbs up.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
aznfab213
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (55)
aznfab213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I like it! kinda makes me want to cut a hole through my roof!
aznfab213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

chuki.s13.coupe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Take some close up pictures. So we can see the fitment.
chuki.s13.coupe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
sr23det
Zilvia Member

sr23det is an unknown quantity at this point
i meant coupe not couple on post #4
sr23det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
What did you use to make it?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #12
bova17
Zilvia Member

bova17 is an unknown quantity at this point
gotta hate previous owners, aftermarket noname, mine leaked so bad i had to silicone it till recently where i had time and the weather is hot and sunny
bova17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #13
Southern Elegance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Southern Elegance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I was about to do the same thing with my coupe since the roof is badly cracked from the previous owner punching it supposedly haha i was thinking lexan riveted to 90 degree angled aluminum pieces.Curious to see close sups and inside pics as well thanks

How is your design sealed off from mother nature?
Southern Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #14
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Ill get pics close up for tomorrow. Basically the before plexigasss you see. I trace the actual sunroof from the inside. Then cut about half inch out from the line. Tinted it. Then used gasket silicone maker.(ill get a pic to aswell. Laid in down on top of the roof. drew four lines for placement.took it off and drilled my holes for the rivets. Beaded the gasket maker,laid down the glass and riveted. Inside I used the gasket maker again along the opening of the sunroof. Waited about an hour. And h.osed it down. NO LEAKS!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #15
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ah so it itsn't flush with the roof line. I've wanted to make one that fits the hole perfectly and will mount flush with the roof somehow.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #16
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Yeah I looked into doing that aswell. The idea I came across as if u don't have the natural stabilizers from the OEM sunroof the roof tends to flex. With doin it this way I found it more feasible and compliments the flexing. Which in turns wont crack the glass.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #17
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

The car I bought, they completely remove the whole sunroof assembly. Bracing and all.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #18
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Btw when I said natural stabilizers I meant the bracing.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #19
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
if you are reading this and currently are looking for a s chassis, then just dont buy a car with a sunroof
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i have a question, for the sake of the "community" and so that we dont appear to be so embarrassing (ie: corolla owners)

now this is just a suggestion, but have you ever thought of going to a sunroof/convertible top shop? they sell things like.......... wait for it................. REPLACEMENT SUNROOFS. i believe they even have power versions nowadays.

American Sunroof Corporation

TADA

imagine that, who knew... they actually sell replacement sunroofs..... so that you dont have to carry-on like a stupid redneck, with jagged cut acrylic on the top of your roof.... let alone, carbon fiber? is that carbon fiber? whatever the fuck it is... its ghetto.

fuck...... how hard it is to do things the right way nowadays
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #22
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i have a question, for the sake of the "community" and so that we dont appear to be so embarrassing (ie: corolla owners)

now this is just a suggestion, but have you ever thought of going to a sunroof/convertible top shop? they sell things like.......... wait for it................. REPLACEMENT SUNROOFS. i believe they even have power versions nowadays.

American Sunroof Corporation

TADA

imagine that, who knew... they actually sell replacement sunroofs..... so that you dont have to carry-on like a stupid redneck, with jagged cut acrylic on the top of your roof.... let alone, carbon fiber? is that carbon fiber? whatever the fuck it is... its ghetto.

fuck...... how hard it is to do things the right way nowadays

Maybe some people just want to delete there sun roof all together. Which is why they use delete panels. Obviously you already knew this!!

FUCK..... why are you always such a douche?

BTW carbon fucking fiber is awesome. I always wondered why it's used on high end race cars and luxury exotics. I mean you say it's shit but I wonder why they use shit on such expensive cars.

** rolls eyes **
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
doesn't look like carbon fibre, it's semi transparent. looks like he just fixed the PO's ghetto setup acrylic with some glass / tinted acrylic that fit better...

i agree with ixfxi on one thing though... way too many people finding ways not to fix things the correct way these days. I don't agree with him that this is one of those times, however.

Carry on...
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #24
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
you idiots

rivets & fiberglass. if this is a car of value, you either replace the sunroof OR you WELD IT SHUT. you know, like your mouth - weld that fucker closed

now you've got some shitty piece of composite sandwhiched on top of your roof. how cool is that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydin240sx View Post
BTW carbon fucking fiber is awesome. I always wondered why it's used on high end race cars and luxury exotics. I mean you say it's shit but I wonder why they use shit on such expensive cars. ** rolls eyes **
this is coming from someone who doesnt know the difference between dry and wet carbon. keep slapping shit on your car that will fade, like all those crappy CF hoods you get for 300-400 bucks. you're the same type of mid-america tool who buys knockoff body kits and garbage sportmaxx wheels
Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Sunroofs are so lame, you'll never see any s-chassis I own with one, thats for sure.

Hardtop Coalition UNITE!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #26
Southern Elegance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Southern Elegance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I thought it turned out really nice looking except i would have mine with the roof line instead of on top,plus it gets rid of the heavy ass glass assembly. Not everyone has $500 to go spend on a new sunroof. here is some pics i'm basing my design off...

Southern Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #27
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
this is coming from someone who doesnt know the difference between dry and wet carbon. keep slapping shit on your car that will fade, like all those crappy CF hoods you get for 300-400 bucks. you're the same type of mid-america tool who buys knockoff body kits and garbage sportmaxx wheels
This coming from someone who just likes to assume shit. You don't know me or what I like.

I wouldn't rock sportmax's or xxr's even if they were free. My car also doesn't have a drop of wet or dry fiber on it. But I do like carbon fiber. Dry preferred as it is about 70% lighter than wet carbon fiber.

So you can go fuck yourself douche.
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #28
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
you're the same type of mid-america tool who buys knockoff body kits
some of us buy knockoff bodykits because they get beat up frequently. I have rocked fake aero and real authentic aero... cant tell the difference from the outside. Also, now a days even the fake aero is made "well"... compared to what it was like 10 years ago.

Either way, i do run quality wheels (Fabulous).

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

i assume shit, because i am the master of disaster.... you say i dont know what you like? sure i do. want me to prove it? You like titties. See, told you i'm smart.

Back to the carbon discussion, you dont have any CF - good, me neither. I dont even know why we're talking about carbon fiber - its a bunch of bullshit.

Fuck that shit.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
some of us buy knockoff bodykits because they get beat up frequently. I have rocked fake aero and real authentic aero... cant tell the difference from the outside. Also, now a days even the fake aero is made "well"... compared to what it was like 10 years ago. Either way, i do run quality wheels (Fabulous).
Who the fuck is talking to you anyway?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #30
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I thought you were, since you were talking about "dry" and "wet" carbon fiber.... Allow me to expound on why carbon fiber fades... It starts with the methods of how companies finish and refine the product (but you already knew that). In fact, many cheap carbon fiber hoods are made with 50/50 carbon/basalt weave (but you knew that already too). And finally, there are dozens of different types of epoxies companies could choose to use and some impregnate the carbon like a magnet (seem to cost the most too... Quite a corollary) while others are actually anti-penetrate the carbon material causing small gaps in the finished product (and of course you knew that). But really in actuality, carbon fiber "fading" mostly occurs in the lack of resources spent on the resin/epoxy.

In fact, with my experience with carbon fiber, my ability to make sunroof deletes, contribute to the thread, and educate you on why carbon fiber fades ... Makes you look like the chump in "good will hunting" in the scene where Damon goes all "do you like apples?" on his ass.

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote