Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #151
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
All of that for a viscous?
Old 09-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #152
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
All of that for a viscous?

It's for the axles. I put it together before I knew about the villians guys. The vlsd is getting welded.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #153
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Shit. I was hoping I could swap my Nismo LSD into a Q45 pumpkin, but I guess that's out the window.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #154
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
NA Z32 / Early J30 Rear Axle INNER BOOTS appear to be discontinued and NLA

Does anyone have a source for these?

Inner Boot PN: 39741-03P27
Outer Boot PN: 39241-73L28

I am totally bummed about this.
Update: Since I was only able to acquire the OEM outer boots for the J30 axles, I shelved the outer boots and left everything alone and installed the axles as-is. Months later, our S14 was involved in a collision (parted out and scrapped) and when pulling the axles, the inner boot split.

I just finished refurbishing the axles about a week ago: OEM outer boots and Beck Arnley (PN=103-2513) inner boots. As you would expect, the aftermarket boots are not as high quality (not as thick) but, they were the only boots available.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #155
buddhamonk

Trader Rating: (1)
buddhamonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Update: maverick motorsports announced their new adapter solid bushings to mount a 350z diff on an s14/s15 subframe
buddhamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:16 PM   #156
EnergeticPhenom
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
EnergeticPhenom is making a name for him/her selfEnergeticPhenom is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamonk View Post
Update: maverick motorsports announced their new adapter solid bushings to mount a 350z diff on an s14/s15 subframe
So basically we have an option to buy 1.5 and 2 way for 350z, and utilize their axles?

Think I need to reread through this again. Thought there was no difference in axle strength between j30 and 350z, just more availability?
EnergeticPhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:54 AM   #157
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
I emailed Villains today about their z33 conversion stubs. They said they are balanced to be safe up to 200 MPH. Any faster and the axle will tear apart. Seems like a good deal. I'll most likely go this route as I already have a HLSD installed in my s13 pumpkin and a spare s15 pumpkin with 3.69 gears. not to mention that OEM 350z axles will be much easier to come by, at least for a few more years.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:11 AM   #158
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergeticPhenom View Post
So basically we have an option to buy 1.5 and 2 way for 350z, and utilize their axles?

Think I need to reread through this again. Thought there was no difference in axle strength between j30 and 350z, just more availability?
z33 axles are plentiful and cheap. I paid $120 shipped for both sides, off ebay. j30 are getting hard to come by, and are obv going to be much older than z33/g35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
I emailed Villains today about their z33 conversion stubs. They said they are balanced to be safe up to 200 MPH. Any faster and the axle will tear apart. Seems like a good deal. I'll most likely go this route as I already have a HLSD installed in my s13 pumpkin and a spare s15 pumpkin with 3.69 gears. not to mention that OEM 350z axles will be much easier to come by, at least for a few more years.
so far I have yet to hear any one have any issues with villains stubs. other than garrett from GetNuts crying about it on IG, claiming the "oh we did it first so every one else must suck" even though I emailed/PM/DM GetNuts over many months and never got any reply. Villains turnaround time was SUPER quick, and their communication is excellent.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:06 AM   #159
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
good thread here
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:38 PM   #160
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I tried to get getnuts first and didn't get a response a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:26 AM   #161
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unless I am missing something, those conversion stubs don't look particularly complicated. Looks like a cut mild steel flange welded to the remainder of an axle stub.

I am not dissing their product because I know a lot of people don't have the means to make this themselves . Just that it looks like with fairly common tools and a little know how, these could be made not bought.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #162
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone used the Maverick Z/G diff conversion bushings yet? Plan on picking up an open Z diff to run the axles and swap ring gear and pinion for the 4.08. I used to be much lower but would destroy axles, so i raised the car a good inch and i am still killing axles with 18s and minimal camber. Then again, remanned axles are straight garbage.
https://www.maverick-motorsports.com...rsion-bushings
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #163
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm199 View Post
Has anyone used the Maverick Z/G diff conversion bushings yet? Plan on picking up an open Z diff to run the axles and swap ring gear and pinion for the 4.08. I used to be much lower but would destroy axles, so i raised the car a good inch and i am still killing axles with 18s and minimal camber. Then again, remanned axles are straight garbage.
https://www.maverick-motorsports.com...rsion-bushings
I dont think you can swap ring and pinions between the diffs. I could be wrong, but why wouldn't you just do the villians stubs on stock diff? Makes no sense to do z33 diff just to go back to 4.08 especially when you have to either get adjustable rlca to make up for the half inch wider the z/g diff and axles run or get the villians stubs for the z/g diff as well.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #164
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I just figured that out..... took both diffs apart and saw the huge difference in ring gear size and the punkin size. Didn't plan on staying 4.08 forever, as I was going to drop it down to a 3.6 once my VQ swap is done. But now it seems the best option would be to do the stubs, or get a Q45 diff and do magic to it. Just didn't want to try and weld a vlsd. I just want 350z axles damnit lol
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #165
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Perfect. I thought about going this route but couldn't get any info about swapping the final drive; besides z1 motorsports.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:39 AM   #166
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You CAN get a 4.08 that's meant to bolt into a Z33 differential.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:56 AM   #167
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
You CAN get a 4.08 that's meant to bolt into a Z33 differential.

You definitely can, but they are around $600. If you plan on staying 4.08 a z33/g35 diff just makes no sense. Get the custom axle stubs and be done, way less headaches and money.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #168
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
if anyone was wondering the length difference between z33 and s13. top and bottom are z.

currently attempting to do the swap with villains stubs but my stock ones appear to be seized in my diff (welded )
Old 03-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #169
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
if anyone was wondering the length difference between z33 and s13. top and bottom are z.

currently attempting to do the swap with villains stubs but my stock ones appear to be seized in my diff (welded )

Would mind posting up pics comparing the villains stubs to the stock stubs?
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:13 PM   #170
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
Would mind posting up pics comparing the villains stubs to the stock stubs?
if i could get them out of the diff i would...
Old 03-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #171
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

So that happened to me on Saturday. I was going to rebuild both my axles and toss them back in but I think I might have lost one of the springs when it happened and I obviously don't know in what orientation the CV came out of the socket... looking at the fsm for rebuilding they both seem pretty important. Are there any aftermarket axles people have had luck with? I had autozone ones before and they clunked since day 1. These were OEM and more or less silent until the day they gave up the ghost.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #172
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Rear Axle Discussion

^ Same. My Advance/Autozone/whatever bullshit axle lasted exactly 24 miles and half a drift lap, clicking away the whole time, until internally shearing a CV joint. What a waste of time. Threw a spare stock one back in and I've been ok since.

Btw, I still have some random bits from the first stock axle I broke years ago. I have a spring that fell out. Holler if you want me to toss it in a USPS baggie and send it your way. I have no use for it, just never felt like throwing it away.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:46 AM   #173
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
^ Same. My Advance/Autozone/whatever bullshit axle lasted exactly 24 miles and half a drift lap, clicking away the whole time, until internally shearing a CV joint. What a waste of time. Threw a spare stock one back in and I've been ok since.

Btw, I still have some random bits from the first stock axle I broke years ago. I have a spring that fell out. Holler if you want me to toss it in a USPS baggie and send it your way. I have no use for it, just never felt like throwing it away.
I'll take em! Shoot me a pm
Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #174
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
Anyone have luck with the megan "high quality" silicon boots? I keep ripping boots and don't wanna spend the $100 on the megans only for them to rip up again.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #175
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

rv_zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, so i have a kaaz 1.5 way that is not is the car yet. its a 30 spline diff which seems weird to me. Were there any S14s, USDM or JDM, that came 30 spline?
rv_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #176
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
30 spline can be found in S14 produced 12/96+, same goes for the J30 produced 12/96+.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #177
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

That includes USDM im assuming?
Old 05-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #178
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv_zenki View Post
That includes USDM im assuming?
Yes that is correct
Old 05-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #179
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

Are the j30 ones the same length and everything? Would they fit?
Old 05-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #180
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv_zenki View Post
Are the j30 ones the same length and everything? Would they fit?

If I'm not mistaken and I probably am, but I thought I heard from someone that the J30 ones were like a mere 1CM shorter. or maybe it was longer.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote