Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #31
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
My favorite S Chassis of this site:

Sumslapper

Broadfield

Sr20detconv
TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #32
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Yep. Seen that car a million times. It's very nice. It's one of the few that come close, but 17's still look too small for S14 wheel arches, IMO. Without bodywork like 95Ka-Turbo's to get even lower & reduce the size of the arches, Just looks like S14's swallow 17's to me. Especially if you have aggressive aero. Just personal preference though.
youre talking someone that tried 17x9's on a s14 lol trust me i know. i now have 18x9.75 and i still want wider. lol.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #33
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Is there some mechanical grip reasoning that makes you feel this way? Or an aesthetic one?
its a simple concept of understanding the reason behind the wheel size

wheel size is dictated by two things:
1) size of tire needed for sufficient traction
2) rotor/caliper clearance

with #1, you need to research what width tire sizes are available in that diameter and see if they're sufficient in clearing the body

with #2, you need to fit the maximum size brake you can fit (to a reasonable limit) that will be sufficient for the power output and car's use

so for you bullshitters with Z32 brakes, its pretty obvious that a 16" is totally sufficient

i went with r33 gtr brakes, and therefor 17" is needed.

i can only imagine a car like the ben sopra s13 needing 18" (or larger) in order to fit a serious brake system.

in the end, there is no benefit to running a 18" wheel when you can run up to 275 (or possibly larger) in 17" diameters.. you gain nothing.

every time i see people running big diameter wheels they ALWAYS cheap out on the compound tire. if you're going to show off your wheels, you might as well show off your tires..... especially when thats responsible for your acceleration, handling and braking.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #34
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
another stupid circle jerk thread...? Wasnt there a "doing it right" thread made yesterday...
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #35
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
NHTKID is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^ yea, this thread should start a top ten and vote on s chassis of the month for the zilvia community as a whole.. maybe every month the s chassis of the month is displayed on the forum banner or something.. idk. maybe it will inspire kids to build a car the right way and maybe we will see less crap s chassis
NHTKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #36
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Good idea. I vote we have both an s-chassis of the month & an ass-chassis of the month from the doing it wrong thread...
Old 07-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #37
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
NHTKID is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Good idea. I vote we have both an s-chassis of the month & an ass-chassis of the month from the doing it wrong thread...
ya, back when i had an rsx i remember clubrsx.com doing it and it was a pretty cool idea. it also allowed younger people to have something worthy to look to when building a cool car
NHTKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #38
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Knapik's car is alright

Nategreat923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #39
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
I'd really like to see how that exhaust was routed. Anyone have any pics of that?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #40
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
its just a matter of taste, good taste that is.

not purposely trying to be a dick here, but the wheels you have or had on your car were the worst looking things ive ever seen. its as if you got your 240 confused with a lexus sedan.

here is a reminder of what a nice car look(ed) like
not a street car, but a damn fun car
You just contradicted yourself, you posted a car that looks like ass...with ugly ass fender flares when they shouldn't be necessary. And a bunch of stickers...and did you mention $2500 headlights?
unecessary..Yet you call me out on my own personal taste...?
which btw I didn't even post my car in this thread nor did I say it was better then anything in this thread...Neither did I say my wheels were nicer then the ugly ass blitz...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
I'd really like to see how that exhaust was routed. Anyone have any pics of that?
It's all over the web, Weld S14
http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=1768
Old 07-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #41
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
good start guys, keep em coming

don't be mad that your car hasn't been posted yet zx88
lol its definitely worthy, love your car man

to the guy who posted his own car, really?

and I was gonna say guys, once we think we have gathered up all of the coolest cars we should each vote on our favorite top 5 or 10. everyone can just list the username of that member by number in order of favorites

zx88

levanb
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #42
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
You just contradicted yourself, you posted a car that looks like ass...with ugly ass fender flares when they shouldn't be necessary. And a bunch of stickers...and did you mention $2500 headlights?
unecessary..Yet you call me out on my own personal taste...?
which btw I didn't even post my car in this thread nor did I say it was better then anything in this thread...Neither did I say my wheels were nicer then the ugly ass blitz...lol
haha dude you got nothing...

other than bad taste in wheels
Old 07-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #43
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Yea, unfortunately I'm not all knowing haha. Thanks for the link.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #44
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Lol Adam didn't build the Weld Technique Factory s14.
He just acquired it.

The full-lock s14 is godly.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #45
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This is actually a pretty cool thread...so far...

I'm surprised no one's shared shanelach's car yet

One of my top favorites. Simple yet stunning.

Must share another of deolio's too

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:42 AM   #46
Taylor Shinobu
Zilvia Junkie

Taylor Shinobu is an unknown quantity at this point
I gotta plus some of friend's cars

pieman909

!ZAR! old car

and my favorite kouki on here, dazed
Old 07-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #47
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
haha dude you got nothing...
other than bad taste in wheels
Says a lot about you...starting little bickering arguments on threads about personal taste and such..and that reply...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Lol Adam didn't build the Weld Technique Factory s14.
He just acquired it.
The full-lock s14 is godly.
Yeah, I remember when it was up for sale I was going to buy the cooling setup for my VE plans....but then I went with a slightly larger motor..haha
Always thought it was an insane car!

And Full-locks def takes the cake for cleanest.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #48
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Do people really think these wheels look good? Or is it just a easy/cheap to find..?
A ton of the cars in this thread have them ...lol I think they remind me of cheap mexicali taste...
all the cars sporting them look amazing..but the wheels...[/img]
^ You opened your mouth

Quote:
Says a lot about you...starting little bickering arguments on threads about personal taste and such..and that reply...
^ I closed it for you...

^When you pick jank ass manhole covers that belong on this...

^Instead of this?

Seriously, get your head checked.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #49
GabeS14
Post Whore!

wow... you learned to argue with you grandparents..
"lemme fix it for you"...
"you just got checked"...
"you opened your mouth..I shut it"'

ROFL...Go back to your cave..
wake up..get a life.. don't get butthurt because you have shitty taste and quit thinking your opinion trumps others

Btw again.. I never mentioned my wheels..nor my car in this thread.. so your argument is garbage..
Old 07-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #50
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Seriously where did I ever say my wheels should be on this thread???
if you wanna talk shit at least make sense.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #51
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
awkward boner is awkward
OutlawLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #52
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
ugh, yet another thread i need to clean the bickering out of.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #53
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^that would be great. Its all my fault though, wasn't trying to make fun of anything, just some harmless fun. People take shit to seriously, no one can be right or wrong about what wheels look better it's just opinions guys.

There are so many more cool s-chassis that deserved to be posted here!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #54
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
^that would be great. Its all my fault though, wasn't trying to make fun of anything, just some harmless fun. People take shit to seriously, no one can be right or wrong about what wheels look better it's just opinions guys.

There are so many more cool s-chassis that deserved to be posted here!
its not just you so dont worry about it...

Old 07-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #55
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
I would totally rock that! TCR11 stylin'
Old 07-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #56
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Pink Godzira

Viceroy

Old 07-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #57
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Btw again.. I never mentioned my wheels..nor my car in this thread.. so your argument is garbage..
Quote:
Weds Kranze Rapier.Old school Jdm VIP style rim.
hard to find in those offsets I had them on a crazy widebody build I had in the past.

(sigh)

Florida....... Las Vegas........ Same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ugh, yet another thread i need to clean the bickering out of.
Sorry.

Look at the bright side, all your hard work will pay off when I promote you. Just think, you too can be an ex-admin just like me!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #58
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i like being a mod, not looking for a promotion... no complaints here.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #59
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Lol I am from LA, dumbass..
Get you facts straight.. I am here for work temporaily and loving it....
Go back to ripping off poor s-chassis owners with your overpriced parts...
Old 07-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #60
Bushido
Post Whore!

nobody remembers viceroy :tear: