Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-31-2017, 10:57 AM   #391
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anyone have trouble getting a hold of Collins? I sent an email with some good questions, failed to receive a reply. I', looking at their whole 1jz/cd009 SWAP kit. So it includes everything needed. Doesn't mention motor brackets, think it comes with it?

EDIT:

lol, I just heard from them. It does include everything I need. I'll be getting the whole stage 3 kit. I'll post up the result when I get it.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:42 PM   #392
KyleT
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
KyleT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
Anyone have trouble getting a hold of Collins? I sent an email with some good questions, failed to receive a reply. I', looking at their whole 1jz/cd009 SWAP kit. So it includes everything needed. Doesn't mention motor brackets, think it comes with it?

EDIT:

lol, I just heard from them. It does include everything I need. I'll be getting the whole stage 3 kit. I'll post up the result when I get it.
I've got the stage 3 kit as well for my 1jz. There should be an option for engine brackets when buying.
KyleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:30 PM   #393
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
It just said mounts with isolators, I was just being thorough that it included the bracket.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:10 AM   #394
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nobody is looking for a compete cd009 kit for their sr20? [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #395
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys,

Our next batch of bellhousings just started heading our way so they'll be available in about 2 weeks. In the next 2 weeks you can preorder your kit or bellhousing for 10% off!
Old 06-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #396
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

kkaleher is an unknown quantity at this point
Cd009/Fk40 trans---- hooked up a Dakota digital sgi5 to one of the abs sensors on the q45 (97-01) diff but I can't get it to read under 40mph. 40mph+ I can get it pretty close so I scoped the sensor and found it doesn't seem to put out enough voltage at lower speeds for the sgi5 to work. The sgi5 is 1-19V input. Anyone else encounter this or found a solution other than some kind of a gps box?
Old 06-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #397
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
There's a shop that makes a speed sensor for these trans that goes on the driveshaft yoke, can't remember who it is at the moment. They do Z32 LS swaps a lot.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:08 AM   #398
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
https://www.lojkits.com/products/cop...smission-mount

This is what you're looking for you can use the stock trans harness to send the speed signal just pop a corresponding plug on the sensor they provide.
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #399
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

That setup is sweet! but $300 sheesh
Old 06-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #400
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Can charge whatever you want when you're the only place that makes a specific product.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #401
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaleher View Post
That setup is sweet! but $300 sheesh
It's cheaper than the racepak module that does the same thing and you don't need a racepak. Seems like a good price to me.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #402
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

Ok so I got the speedometer all fixed and working correctly now!!! The air gap between my abs sensor and reluctor ring was too large.

So here's what I did for $40 plus some wiring and a little sheet metal to make the S13 speedo work.

*S13 2jz w/CD009, FK40C trans
*98 Q45 rear diff/92 J30 5bolt axles into the stock hubs
* Now with the S13 cover, this poses a problem. The abs sensors on the 97-01 q45 diff are located on the diff cover so I made a metal bracket to attach one of the abs sensors back onto the diff. The FSM states the air gap for the abs sensor to reluctor ring should be .035-.070mm and check with a feeler gauge. Mine was too far away, causing it to produce too little voltage. Got it to .045mm and pow! I got a nice wave signal out of the abs sensor.
* I picked up a used Dakota digital sgi-5 for $40 and wired the 2 wires from the abs sensor I rigged up to signal and sensor ground on the sgi-5 box. Using the 1st output on the sgi5 I ran a wire to the back of the cluster (not the yellow and green one at the dash connector that won't work, it's an ouput) yellow wire with blue tracer, turned switch #3 to on all others off. After messing with it for a bit I was able to get my speedometer to work flawlessly from about 7mph-90mph so far.

So if you want a permanent cheap setup that works great with any powertrain then boom, there you go. This is of course if you are running a diff with an abs sensor.

Last edited by kkaleher; 06-19-2017 at 07:24 PM..
kkaleher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:39 PM   #403
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Only issue with q45 diff is people that want a nice clutch type LSD.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:37 AM   #404
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Only issue with q45 diff is people that want a nice clutch type LSD.

The Q45 diff is actually pretty bad ass. It can take over 1100whp and pull 1.2x 60' times.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #405
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaleher View Post
Ok so I got the speedometer all fixed and working correctly now!!! The air gap between my abs sensor and reluctor ring was too large.

So here's what I did for $40 plus some wiring and a little sheet metal to make the S13 speedo work.

*S13 2jz w/CD009, FK40C trans
*98 Q45 rear diff/92 J30 5bolt axles into the stock hubs
* Now with the S13 cover, this poses a problem. The abs sensors on the 97-01 q45 diff are located on the diff cover so I made a metal bracket to attach one of the abs sensors back onto the diff. The FSM states the air gap for the abs sensor to reluctor ring should be .035-.070mm and check with a feeler gauge. Mine was too far away, causing it to produce too little voltage. Got it to .045mm and pow! I got a nice wave signal out of the abs sensor.
* I picked up a used Dakota digital sgi-5 for $40 and wired the 2 wires from the abs sensor I rigged up to signal and sensor ground on the sgi-5 box. Using the 1st output on the sgi5 I ran a wire to the back of the cluster (not the yellow and green one at the dash connector that won't work, it's an ouput) yellow wire with blue tracer, turned switch #3 to on all others off. After messing with it for a bit I was able to get my speedometer to work flawlessly from about 7mph-90mph so far.

So if you want a permanent cheap setup that works great with any powertrain then boom, there you go. This is of course if you are running a diff with an abs sensor.
This is what I was going to do, but ended up going with a gps/DakotaDigital setup. Use to work, but since I tore the car apart last, I havent gotten it setup again.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #406
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
The Q45 diff is actually pretty bad ass. It can take over 1100whp and pull 1.2x 60' times.

Okay. But there still isn't a quality clutch type LSD for it that I know of.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #407
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Isnt the z32 turbo rear diff the same housing as the q45? I would think the ring and pinions/LSD would be interchangeable, that's another topic all together tho lol. The everything rear axle thread talks about all that too.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #408
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Z32 turbo is a r230 and is to big for s13/14.
Q45 is a r200 but they share the same size axle stubs. That's why everyone runs them in the s13/14. Bolts right in with the correct axles.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #409
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:

Quaife makes an ATB Helical LSD Differential for the R230/Q45 diff. ConceptZ has them @ 1523. Tomei makes the TRAX, but is only available in 2 way for the TT model

But yes, apart from Quaife, you cannot plop a nice and cheap S15 helical in for instance which does suck
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #410
KyleT
Leaky Injector

So what gearing are most people running with the cd009? I have a j30 3.9 I was planning to use but am wondering if I should try to source the q45 diff. Car will mostly be a street car so a decent freeway rpm would be nice.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:58 PM   #411
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Collins s13 jz cd swap kit arrived. This included everything needed(mounts, xcessive motor brackets, cd09 trans bracket and mount, collins flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, pilot bearing adapter, shaft masters drive shaft, adapter plate, all hardware needed: cd09 bell housing bolts, Arp flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, brackets etc, and a shortened shifter.

Quality is top notch, the flywheel is so nice. I'll post up all the pictures once I get everything done.

I paid $2500 or so for everything. Good deal I think, considering how much a r154 is these days.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #412
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
This seems fitting

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 08:55 AM   #413
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

I had way to many problems with CBF with communication, attitude, and he kept saying it be done at the end of the week and for a whole like 2 months. I when with serial 9
Old 06-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #414
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
I had way to many problems with CBF with communication, attitude, and he kept saying it be done at the end of the week and for a whole like 2 months. I when with serial 9
I ended up purchasing a serial 9 as well, but I never canceled my CBF order so I'm waiting for that thing to arrive still. Side note is, I will have a CBF shifter for sale when and if it ever arrives.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #415
KyleT
Leaky Injector

Lol get your money back from CBF asap.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:43 PM   #416
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleT View Post
Lol get your money back from CBF asap.
This. I highly doubt you will ever receive the items.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #417
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleT View Post
So what gearing are most people running with the cd009? I have a j30 3.9 I was planning to use but am wondering if I should try to source the q45 diff. Car will mostly be a street car so a decent freeway rpm would be nice.

I was also running the 3.9 j30 diff and wasn't a fan of cruising at 70mph in 6th at 3kish rpms. I swapped in the 97-01 q45 3.6 now its at 75-80mph at 3k in 6th and 1st gear is much easier to deal with.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #418
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Well well well, what do we have here after almost 7 months.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #419
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Well well well, what do we have here after almost 7 months.

well holy mother of god
Old 07-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #420
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Finally got my trans in the car (s13) did anyone else have some fitment issuses. She crammed up in there tight