Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-02-2016, 08:10 PM   #31
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobie610 View Post
I'm using a local kit for SR20 to z33 in Australia by Insane Drifters. They're on fb.

https://facebook.com/InsaneDrifters/

Paid AUD $2350.00 including shipping.

It came with:

- Adapter plate
- Bellhousing machining
- Test fit to ensure everything fit without further modification (no chassis mods)
- Shifter w/ Reverse Lockout
- Gearbox crossmember adapter plates (suit s15 gearbox crossmember and factory mount)
- All required bolts/nuts/washers
- Braided clutch line to suit RHD s13 master to z33 slave
- Single piece tailshaft to suit abs housing

I haven't fit it to the car yet, but he uses the same setup in his ADGP s13 and his old man's daily s15. Looks the goods, comes out in factory location with no need to modify anything.

I believe he would be willing to sell components separately, I just couldn't say no to having it test fit before I coughed up dough.

Edit: I'm using the factory z33 throwout fork and pivot with a Nismo Super coppermix twin plate. I've been told that it will work - another customer has used it before I think.
That looks really good!

Is it cheaper than the Mazworx kit?
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #32
S-Verteen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
S-Verteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rbs14 kouki im running a twin disc clutchmasters clutch for an rb on my ka that was ordered through enjukuhttp://www.enjukuracing.com/competition-clutch-184mm-rigid-twin-nissan-skyline-2-5l-push-style-clutch-1989-2002/ . After taking measurements and finding what throw out bearing retainer was needed and putting a bolt through the clutch switch for a pedal limit success! Collins sells throw out adapters here http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...g-adapter.html

Last edited by S-Verteen; 06-13-2016 at 09:12 AM..
S-Verteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:55 PM   #33
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
Please post links to any item you mention to help everyone
Old 05-02-2016, 09:13 PM   #34
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan@Fontananissan View Post
ATS & HKS Clutch kits use a center hub type clutch system on their twin disk. I'm using the ATS Twin disk with the Maverick adapter on my SR CD0009 setup works fine with full engagement.

Good point there

Yeah sorry i should of said that ... if your center hub is one peice and you have flotters friction discs youll be fine ... but im runing a comp tripple and they are one piece

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:15 PM   #35
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I believe the Mazworx kit is actually slightly cheaper than the InsaneDrifters kit. However the InsaneDrifters kit has a way better shifter relocation solution than Mazworx. The Mazworx relocation requires cutting the hole in the chassis although it does come with a metal plate to cover the new hole and clean it up. Also it BARELY clears the plastic shifter trim in S14 and S13.

I went with the Mazworx full kit myself, had to send the bellhousing back initially as they forgot to machine a relief for the 2nd gear selector rod, and they exchanged it for a revised one that should be arriving in the mail tomorrow.

Last edited by TheRealSy90; 05-13-2016 at 01:37 PM..
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:17 PM   #36
Fricshon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Fricshon is making a name for him/her selfFricshon is making a name for him/her selfFricshon is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This seems Sr specific but I wanted to add my experience about rb25 to z33 adapter. The Collins adapters for this application is really poorly made and while they're patient on the phone there is truly not that much support. Plan on a lot lot of Fabrication and lot of headaches. If there's interest or further information needed on this I would be glad to comment.
Fricshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:47 PM   #37
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I believe the Mazworx kit is actually slightly cheaper than the InsaneDrifters kit. However the InsaneDrifters kit has a way better shifter relocation solution than Mazworx. The Mazworx relocation requires cutting the hole in the chassis although it does come with a metal plate to cover the new hole and clean it up. Also it BARELY clears the plastic shifter trim in S14 and in S13 it actually touches the trim in 2nd, 4th, 6th and Reverse.

I went with the Mazworx full kit myself, had to send the bellhousing back initially as they forgot to machine a relief for the 2nd gear selector rod, and they exchanged it for a revised one that should be arriving in the mail tomorrow.
Hey sylus good to hear from you again. Yeah mazworx hasn't corrected the shifter problem yet but we've commented a lot about better shifter options on the first page.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:54 PM   #38
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
We gotta get our kits installed so we can start making more videos of 6sp sr20's lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:57 PM   #39
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

I'm still a long way away. My build is still on IMS. although that's a dead site now.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #40
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Awesome thread! I'm sub'd as well
Old 05-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #41
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninwon View Post
I dug a little deeper and found gktech is doing a group prebuy here soon starting at $175 😱. You'll need to send an email to [email protected]
USD or AUD? Either way, that's a good deal and I'll be sending him an email. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:53 AM   #42
RickS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's odd that some plates don't have dowel pins. I would think that's pretty important as far as install and it being lined up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #43
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
USD or AUD? Either way, that's a good deal and I'll be sending him an email. Thanks for the info.
That's usd.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #44
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Following to see how this evolves. I'm interested in a better shifter placement, if possible, to avoid cutting up my chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylepaschke View Post
Does anyone know what the best transmission fluid to run is??
OEM Nissan?
Torco?
Redline?
I have a G35 6MT in addition to the S14. Best fluids are either Nissan MTF or Redline MT85.

Redline MT90 was used on the older SR/KA trans and is a little too thick for the Z33 trans. Basically takes the same GL4 fluids we're used to dealing with on all Nissan manual transmissions.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #45
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
That looks really good!

Is it cheaper than the Mazworx kit?
Honestly, I didn't even look at pricing to begin with. I looked for the best kit and then it came down to cut and shut bellhousing, custom tailshaft, working out a Shifter solution, etc. I decided it was easier to just get it all through someone in Aus, and not have to deal with multiple companies. InsaneDrifters are about the only mob to do the whole bolt in kit locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I believe the Mazworx kit is actually slightly cheaper than the InsaneDrifters kit. However the InsaneDrifters kit has a way better shifter relocation solution than Mazworx. The Mazworx relocation requires cutting the hole in the chassis although it does come with a metal plate to cover the new hole and clean it up. Also it BARELY clears the plastic shifter trim in S14 and in S13 it actually touches the trim in 2nd, 4th, 6th and Reverse.

That hole is part of the reason I went ID. With our modification laws, it will make life easier if I get sent over the pits.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #46
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (13)
Kylepaschke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Mazworx Bellhousing kit
CBF Performance rear mount shifter
Torque Solutions Shift Knob
Competition stage 4 6 puck sprung.
Kylepaschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #47
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Does that bellhousing adapter take some of the length out of the tranny?

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #48
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

You must cut the input shaft for this kit
Old 05-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #49
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Errr nevermind...

Just realized that Maxworx does not have a bellhousing conversion kit for the JZ motors.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #50
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Updated first post to add a direct link to the FSM
Old 05-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #51
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Gteck shifter in action

If the link didn't work just search kgarage_sr20vets on instagram.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #52
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

In those pics he's running to mazworx adapter kit which requires you to cut the input shaft 3/8". His shifter sits center so therefore anyone who doesn't run that kit will have to assume the shifter will sit 3/8" farther back. Which it still looks like it would work just from eyeballing it.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:53 AM   #53
Drftr915
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Drftr915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Can someone line me up with GBF Performance?

Also am I the only one who can never get ahold of Maverick Motorsports?

Has anyone tried cutting the stock 350z driveshaft to work? Is it possible?

PARTS I HAVE:
- CD009
- Autotech motoring adapter plate

PARTS NEEDED:
- shifter mod
- cross member
- driveshaft
Drftr915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:12 AM   #54
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drftr915 View Post

Has anyone tried cutting the stock 350z driveshaft to work? Is it possible?
The stock 350Z driveshaft is carbon fiber, I don't think it can be cut very easily. A G35 driveshaft is the same 2 piece design as the 240, so it may be possible to merge the two halves. Just a thought, haven't looked into it and most people go for a 1-piece anyway.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #55
JDMS1lv1a
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
JDMS1lv1a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Great information here, giving me confidence about doing this to my s15 SR...but these transmissions dont seem to grow on trees like SR's and KA's. Is buying new the best/only option? Its not a cheap swap to begin with so it seems going all out with a new one makes most sense?
JDMS1lv1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:21 AM   #56
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMS1lv1a View Post
Great information here, giving me confidence about doing this to my s15 SR...but these transmissions dont seem to grow on trees like SR's and KA's. Is buying new the best/only option? Its not a cheap swap to begin with so it seems going all out with a new one makes most sense?
Sometimes it's just better to wait and find a used one. I got my cd008 with only 12k on it for $400 on Craigslist. Just keep an eye out and search everywhere.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #57
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

JDMS1lv1a
There are a lot more floating around than you may think.
Try LKQ or even Ebay using the part numbers
32010-CD00A

or
32010-CD009.

Another option is to literally buy a junkyard car from copart.com for like cheap as balls and rob the transmission from that.

OR
get a new one for $1800 https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...z33_p_2887.php and not deal with any wonders.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #58
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Search Craiglist and such. Found a few low mileage (less than 60k) for CD009's going for $800 or less. Someone local to me beat me to the punch and picked one up for $450 with 25k miles....bastardo!
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #59
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.jegs.com/i/Intellitronix/...FQeTfgodt2EDcA

Does anyone think this gps converter would work instead of the Dakota.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #60
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninwon View Post
http://www.jegs.com/i/Intellitronix/...FQeTfgodt2EDcA

Does anyone think this gps converter would work instead of the Dakota.

I like this.

Worth a try
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote