Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #1
tom
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car accident repair advice needed

So last week my s14 got rear ended by a truck; most of the damage is to the right rear upper quarter panel. Going to buy a new trunk lid; trying to decide should I use over fenders to cover the damage?

print screen
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If insurance is willing to fix it, no. stock body forever.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:37 AM   #3
tom
Leaky Injector

Insurance considered the car totalled and I kept the car with a slavaged title. Attempting to fix it myself; while trying not to put a lot more money into the car.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
Blk96t
Leaky Injector

Blk96t is an unknown quantity at this point
A body shop is going to have to fix the trunk lines so you can get the lid to latch again and get the lights to fit again. Also paint..
Try to find a quality smaller shop that will work with your situation. The differences in prices can vary a lot. I've hit 6 deer. I know lol

I've had similar situations like this. First with a Honda then with my s14 that was considered totaled. I had both repaired for less than half of an insurance estimate.

Estimates are free. Get several
Blk96t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:58 AM   #5
Blk96t
Leaky Injector

Blk96t is an unknown quantity at this point
No overfenders!!!!!!! Thank me later
Blk96t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #6
tom
Leaky Injector

The car is not going to be my daily driver.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Get another shell, that shit's fucked...

"Track cars" aren't supposed to be bent.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #8
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I'd keep it metal but if you want an alternative and know someone who can reinforce the rear. I remember this was posted somewhere.

http://www.2fperformance.com/store#!...tegory=1504169
Old 01-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #9
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Insurance considered the car totalled and I kept the car with a slavaged title. Attempting to fix it myself; while trying not to put a lot more money into the car.
There is no way to fix this correctly without putting a lot of money into it, hence the reason insurance totaled it.

If you have the tools and capabilities, it can be fixed. It'll require removing the quarter panels and anything rearward of the C-pillars. There is a company in aft. Myers that parts out S-chassis. Perhaps you can purchase the pieces necessary to repair said car.

If it were me, I'd pull what I could off the car and sell it to someone looking to make a dedicated track car with it.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #10
hrdprkin180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
hrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This would be less of a headache if you just bought someone's " front end stripped, motor pulled" car. I have seen several no motor, no tranny, 4 lug, 14 chassis for about 1500 or less with shitty paint. This will be pure frustration in the long run, not to mention how critical the quarter panel body line is to us stock body fans.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #11
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Stock body. Plz. And over fenders wont fix a 1/4 of your problems bud. Pun intended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #12
tom
Leaky Injector

I have been looking for another chassis, haven't had much luck. Though I have located a quarter panel; going to see how much I can pull the rest of the damage out. There is no damage to the frame just upper quarter panels.

Thanks 1on1 may check this out.

Prior to accident.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:30 AM   #13
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Anyone know if 2f makes those quarter panel things for S13s? I messaged them on instagram about it but I don't know how often they check their instagram.
They make them for S14s and FRS chassis and even an E92 BMW so I'd assume something like that exists for S13s but I haven't seen any information about such a product.

Anyway, I would give those a shot if I were you OP, they seem like a really decent solution and they look a million times better than 90% of overs, or worst case find a shitty shell and use the rear of that.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #14
Kriskouki
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (199)
Kriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 199 reviews
The accident looks very terrible.....i truely understand the OP feeling. However, if i have to make any decisions like this, i would look for another good car or good shell to start with...it is because i think it is a time consuming process, and requires a lot of interaction and intension...Most importantly, i don't think that the car will be the same after repair was done.....

i think it will be better off buying another car or shell and transfer some nice stuffs from one car to another......
Kriskouki is offline   Reply With Quote