Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
zenkid_

Trader Rating: (0)
zenkid_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 Sunroof Horror Show

Hello there! first time here so have mercy on me but...... I have a problem.....
So I purchased my 1997 240 kouki last year and when I bought it it had 145000 miles but is sadly an automatic. I still bought it for 4500 because I have never seen one in my area before but the only issues that I noticed about it was the lack of a headliner and pretty sketchy sunroof. It leaks... bad...This is where my dilemma is ... I bought a s14 sunroof but I believe that the car came stock without a sunroof because it looks nothing like the others I have seen and is a pop up sunroof. I was wondering if the better route would be to have a custom headliner installed when I get the sunroof installed or wait until a s14 headliner with a sunroof comes on the market and install the sunroof then? Please help.
zenkid_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I need to sell my car. 4500? Wow.
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
zenkid_

Trader Rating: (0)
zenkid_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared420sx View Post
I need to sell my car. 4500? Wow.
Think I got ripped off?
zenkid_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Check on here in the for sale section for a headliner

You can just use the clear caulk from home improvement stores to help with the leak if there is a hole. Check the sunroof drain pipe for blockages first........
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
so u have an aftermarket sunroof...

grab a used headliner and trim it to fit....

alternative #1 have Kognition sell u a piece of CF to epoxy to the roof and run a non sunroof headliner.

alternative #2. have glass pulled and have a non sunroof "roof skin" installed
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:18 AM   #6
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
People who cut sun/moon roof into slick top cars should be shoot. If any reading this has done this please slap yo selfs now! I usually just pop rivet a peace of aluminum over it have a buddy with a bead roller make some cool designs
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:17 AM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
yeah s14 never came with a pop-up sunroof
you should check out Wayne's build thread. his car had a sunroof and he reskinned it with new metal.

a FUCKTON of work, but a really nice result

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=620537

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:53 AM   #8
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
yeah s14 never came with a pop-up sunroof
you should check out Wayne's build thread. his car had a sunroof and he reskinned it with new metal.
Wayne's car is nice but my 96 Base model came with a shitty little popup sunroof that leaked. Had I known that nissan sold the roof skins I would have done that but I paid around 700 for a guy to weld in some sheet metal which still needs to be straightened out. (Kinda butthurt about it still)
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #9
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
I have a mint hard top from a 96 for 100 picked up remove ready to go
Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 PM   #10
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
popup sunroof sounds dope, run it
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #11
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Sunroofs are the EVIL, stay away.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:31 PM   #12
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
like I said, sunroofs are ope
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #13
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Sunroofs are the EVIL, stay away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
like I said, sunroofs are ope
I see you two are still at it!