Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-21-2021, 10:14 AM   #391
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy719 View Post
Yeah thanks for getting back but do you know if it the KG5 white ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's factory white and a solid color, only 326 Super White was available in 1993.

KG5 Ivory White was an '89/90 color only.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #392
Krazy719
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Krazy719 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome man thanks I would have been upset hella appreciate it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krazy719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:39 AM   #393
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^^ there is it. I know it was only a number based code. I had the body shop do their homework lol
Old 09-21-2021, 07:20 PM   #394
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
If it's factory white and a solid color, only 326 Super White was available in 1993.

This is the type of knowledge I would be called a nerd for. I applaud you, good sir.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:36 PM   #395
gzus9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

My car is 326 and its a '92
gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:02 PM   #396
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzus9 View Post
My car is 326 and its a '92
I think he?s saying that 326 was the only white color you could choose from that year, not that it was exclusive to that year.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:24 AM   #397
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I think he?s saying that 326 was the only white color you could choose from that year, not that it was exclusive to that year.
Exactly. KG5 Ivory White was the only solid white available in 1989 and 1990, while 326 Super White was the only solid white available 1991 through 1994.

KiLLeR2001 made a great reference chart available in this thread that also covers production numbers of rare colors: https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=513294
[ADMIN EDIT: KiLLeR2001 did NOT make that chart. It was originally created by Kyle Matsushita (if memory serves) and was originally hosted on socal240sx.org]
Old 10-13-2021, 02:17 PM   #398
gripster
Leaky Injector

gripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the rough
Just found and loving this thread.

I've been gone a while since I mothballed my car in 2017.

Will add photo later. My car just needs a paint job. Typical 90s clearcoat failure.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:29 PM   #399
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
This car has been for sale for quite some time now. The mileage is impressive, but the car overall is questionable.
Now on BaT... let's see if people truly care about the undisclosed wreck or not.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-nissan-240sx-21/

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 04:40 PM   #400
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oof. One other obvious thing, it has a '96 grille...
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:02 PM   #401
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Dude I'm hoping that if Zilvia stays up, we will see an influx of owners on this thread. Times are changing....
Old 03-25-2022, 11:54 AM   #402
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
This car has been for sale for quite some time now. The mileage is impressive, but the car overall is questionable.

A few pieces that stood out:

Rust under the passenger frame rail

Replaced radiator core support. You can see non-factory welds on the underside pic. It's also missing the usual core support stickers.

Foam missing between the upper radiator core support and the radiator.

Replaced bumper support. You can sort of spot the black bumper support. From all of the S14's I've owned, the only ones that had solid black bumper supports were cars that had OEM replacement bars installed after an accident.

The front fender fitment is noticeably off compared to factory where the fenders meet the door. The gap is tight at the top and gets wider as you go down.

The inner fender edges in the engine bay makes me suspect a complete respray on the exterior.

Engine has an aftermarket crank pulley.

Rattle can undercoating on several sections of the car. The front TC rod brackets, fender wells, below the spare tire, etc.

Someone definitely put a lot of effort to make it look as original as possible, but made noticeable mistakes.

It's a clean car, but I'd argue it is worth less than half of what it's up for due to the repairs and obvious signs of rust.

I did want to add to this post since the car now popped up on BAT. Hopefully this can help any potential buyer before overpaying for this car.

Someone else pointed out the wrong year grill on the front end.

Notice the fender gap. I also noticed the normally black lower rocker panel on Zenki's has been painted over. It's a bit more noticeable in the other pictures.

Compared to these:

More visible here:

Non-factory VIN rivets.

Rear bumper missing the lower bolt and possible overspray/painted over body plug (normally black).

Missing splash guard on the fuel filler neck.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:12 PM   #403
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
I did want to add to this post since the car now popped up on BAT. Hopefully this can help any potential buyer before overpaying for this car.

Someone else pointed out the wrong year grill on the front end.

Notice the fender gap. I also noticed the normally black lower rocker panel on Zenki's has been painted over. It's a bit more noticeable in the other pictures.

Compared to these:

More visible here:

Non-factory VIN rivets.

Rear bumper missing the lower bolt and possible overspray/painted over body plug (normally black).

Missing splash guard on the fuel filler neck.
Also, BaT currently has another 95 SE that's pretty much the polar opposite of the red car, yet its losing out solely because people can't look past the 590 miles...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-nissan-240sx-22/

[email protected]
Old 03-25-2022, 02:20 PM   #404
ccalahan

ccalahan is a jewel in the roughccalahan is a jewel in the roughccalahan is a jewel in the roughccalahan is a jewel in the roughccalahan is a jewel in the roughccalahan is a jewel in the roughccalahan is a jewel in the rough
Picked up a 1990 S13, unmolested. Currently working a coolant/head gasket/cracked head or block issue at the moment. Bought last year in North Carolina, had a seized engine. Bought another KA24E off eBay and she's smoking white out the tailpipe like crazy. Installed new head gasket, torqued down properly and everything, still smokes. Points to a crack. This sucks. Not giving up! I had a 1991 S13 back in the late 90's after joining the Air Force and I will get this baby back to operating again! Keeping her stock and most likely will get an updated paint job at some point.

Last edited by ccalahan; 03-25-2022 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: adding photo
ccalahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:41 PM   #405
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I?m really not buying the 600 mile claim. I bet the cluster was swapped or rolled back
Old 03-26-2022, 01:25 PM   #406
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
I?m really not buying the 600 mile claim. I bet the cluster was swapped or rolled back
probably swapped. my cluster has not recorded mileage ever since I've owned the car. Either it's not getting signal from where it's supposed to or the actual cluster is broken.

I've taken the cluster apart to try and service it and see if it was messed with to roll the miles back or if the odometer was disabled somehow. And without breaking the speedometer needle off I don't see how anyone could even get access to the gearing. It's a very delicate piece of plastic, pretty much designed to show you tried to access it.
Old 03-26-2022, 05:11 PM   #407
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
probably swapped.
now it's been revealed that the "pilatus" user on BaT is Gary Duncan himself, and he's bidding on a car he currently owns via his dealership and is the current high bidder

time to pull this BS auction.

[email protected]
Old 03-28-2022, 06:27 PM   #408
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
now it's been revealed that the "pilatus" user on BaT is Gary Duncan himself, and he's bidding on a car he currently owns via his dealership and is the current high bidder

time to pull this BS auction.
Looks like that was confirmed and the listing was pulled lol
Old 03-29-2022, 08:18 AM   #409
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Dude claimed to own a PC-12. That could mean fractional ownership, it could mean outright. PC-12s range from $2.5mm to $8mm.

Why risk your reputation over three payments on your private plane?
Old 03-29-2022, 09:30 PM   #410
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Can't post the video from work's network, but Crimson is YT famous. Go to YouTube and check 'Duncan Import vs. Zilvia' lol.

WE ON THE MAP, BABY.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:53 PM   #411
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Can't post the video from work's network, but Crimson is YT famous. Go to YouTube and check 'Duncan Import vs. Zilvia' lol.

WE ON THE MAP, BABY.
yeah, great video until the guy said "Anodized red radiator pulley"

[email protected]
Old 03-29-2022, 11:07 PM   #412
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Dude claimed to own a PC-12. That could mean fractional ownership, it could mean outright. PC-12s range from $2.5mm to $8mm.

Why risk your reputation over three payments on your private plane?
I read some of his other comments on previous auctions, based on what he comments about he seems like a very arrogant person that thinks he can do no wrong.

Some people are just this way.

[email protected]
Old 03-30-2022, 11:37 PM   #413
dizzariot
Post Whore!

He is trying to say that he was not purposely inflating his sale price. There is a screenshot of a message from BaT where they insist that he keep the auction up since it's already experiencing bids. I understand having two accounts for private bidding and business, but his comments on the red S14 did not indicate that he was trying to buy his own car back 'for the greater good'. Does anyone have screenshots of his comments on the post?
Old 03-31-2022, 12:50 PM   #414
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
He is trying to say that he was not purposely inflating his sale price. There is a screenshot of a message from BaT where they insist that he keep the auction up since it's already experiencing bids. I understand having two accounts for private bidding and business, but his comments on the red S14 did not indicate that he was trying to buy his own car back 'for the greater good'. Does anyone have screenshots of his comments on the post?
just go back to the auction and see the comments.

or see his profile: https://bringatrailer.com/member/pilatus/

[email protected]
Old 04-01-2022, 03:34 PM   #415
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice job guys!!! you were posted in Jalopnik as enthusiasts.... really good stuff!
Old 04-19-2022, 10:11 AM   #416
leftfootbrake

leftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the rough
Hello everyone. I have a 1992 rs13 in Aztec Red. Other than a megasquirt ECU my car is stock.

I want to install kouki aero and am not sure if I should purchase OEM side skirts. For the money I can get an OEM spoiler and dorkidori sideskirts.

The issue being that in order to properly install them I need to drill the rocker panels - this is not going to happen. Could some of you shed light if you have installed OEM sideskirts without drilling holes in the body and how that compares to dorkidori. Thanks.
leftfootbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #417
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbrake View Post
The issue being that in order to properly install them I need to drill the rocker panels - this is not going to happen. Could some of you shed light if you have installed OEM sideskirts without drilling holes in the body and how that compares to dorkidori. Thanks.
my skirts have a 90deg flange at the door to allow use of 3M VHB tape to affix the skirt to the door sil... instead of that stupid clip system that requires holes, screws, clips etc. much easier to mount!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:23 AM   #418
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
allow use of 3M VHB tape to affix the skirt to the door sill!
Dorki told me about this stuff about a year ago. Clean your surface well and its fucking magical.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #419
Sonic180sx

Sonic180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Always loved the OEM+ look. The red S13 was my first car. Bought it for $3700 when I got my drivers license back when I was 16 years old. Painted it factory black and went a full OEM Type conversion (minus the wheels, suspension, FMIC and a few interior items).

Sold it 10 years ago to buy an apartment. Now a decade later I got back in the game and importing an authentic 180sx Type X (silver car). Planning to keep everything OEM, with a couple Nismo old logo additions.

Sonic180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 05:43 PM   #420
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Im gonna ask a big question... especially since no one can give a direct answer as the term came from the Volkswagen scene.

WHAT IS OEM+?????

to me it seems like a blanket term for youngins who are far past us old dudes that use OEM+ to describe "OEM" style aero with factory "type x" lights and upgrades ("type x" aero is actually called 180sx kouki aero btw)

back in our day... OEM aero was just OEM aero.

INPUT PLEASE because the term makes NO SENSE in my mind!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote