Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-13-2021, 02:33 PM   #31
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Sounds like a typical JC Car- former Drift Missile / Wreck that was hauled out of a field and got a new coat of paint and sold for collector grade money.
Won't disagree with most of what you posted. Pinch welds are reasonable to fix so I wasn't too upset, but it did make my 300 mile trip to see it in person a bit irritating.

As for my pricing, I actually didn't get a bad one...beat the massive 2020 hike...I see 'similar' 180SX at JC going for closer to $18K... won't say what I spent, but it's considerably less than what they ask these days.

For my 'next' JDM car, I would certainly look at a few other sellers .... still happy with her however.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:51 PM   #32
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by economix View Post

Now, all that said, I fucking LOVE my car, but I've also put around $18K into it since then,
I'd be scared if you didn't love it after dropping $30K on an S14!
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #33
economix
Zilvia Member

economix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey13 View Post
I'd be scared if you didn't love it after dropping $30K on an S14!
It?s an S13, but yea, between BBS wheels, custom carbon fiber bucket seats, Nismo Differential, new turbo & all that comes with doing that proper, head work w cams....shit adds up fassssstttt LOL
Old 04-13-2021, 03:15 PM   #34
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It?s an S13, but yea, between BBS wheels, custom carbon fiber bucket seats, Nismo Differential, new turbo & all that comes with doing that proper, head work w cams....shit adds up fassssstttt LOL
Nice, nice. Be sure to make time to enjoy it.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:25 PM   #35
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
LOL at people calling a car a piece of shit because it has a custom exhaust and slightly bent pinch welds.

Different strokes for different folks, but it's pretty clear that some of the people commenting in this thread drive their car to the grocery store then hold a mirror under the car to appreciate how perfect the pinch welds are.

This thread seems a bit toxic based on what type of enthusiast you are tbh. I think using common sense when buying a car is a good start.

Buyer negligence and inexperience seems to be the clear winner here.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:03 PM   #36
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
LOL at people calling a car a piece of shit because it has a custom exhaust and slightly bent pinch welds..
It is when you paid collectors grade money for it and the rear subframe is misaligned.

Quote:
Different strokes for different folks, but it's pretty clear that some of the people commenting in this thread drive their car to the grocery store then hold a mirror under the car to appreciate how perfect the pinch welds are.
When your spending $20,000+ on a S13 / S14 you damn well better be. Instead your getting a flood car with a fresh $500 maco paint job.

Quote:
This thread seems a bit toxic based on what type of enthusiast you are tbh. I think using common sense when buying a car is a good start.

Buyer negligence and inexperience seems to be the clear winner here.
Only toxic if your trying to flip wrecked cars and don't want informed buyers.

JC is the king of that shit. Trying to make it like their sourcing pristine tuner cars and taking HDR to death photos while asking top coin. Only thing is they are junk yard hulks with some turtle wax and creative marketing.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:11 PM   #37
bigs
Nissanaholic!

bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
I guess my point is....after reading economix's post - do you really think he spends any extensive amount of time working on his own cars? He uses his new NIsmo diff as an excuse to inspect his subframe "wonkiness." Don't write a review if you haven't even inspected/diagnosed your own car.

Reviews like that should be taken with a big ass grain of salt.

I'm now realizing that this thread is about people who collect these cars, not drive them.

Have you bought a car from them Corbic? If not, your sensationalized opinion literally means nothing. If so, my apologies for your junkyard turtle waxed machine that you spent zero time inspecting before purchasing?

I don't know much about the company, but this thread alone is uninformed cancel culture at its finest haha. All i'm seeing so far is clueless buyers.

If you haven't bought a car from them and you're shitting on them based on the information in this thread, you're BORED. Come on guys.

Last edited by bigs; 04-17-2021 at 07:42 PM..
Old 04-18-2021, 05:04 AM   #38
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
I guess my point is....after reading economix's post - do you really think he spends any extensive amount of time working on his own cars? He uses his new NIsmo diff as an excuse to inspect his subframe "wonkiness." Don't write a review if you haven't even inspected/diagnosed your own car.

I'm now realizing that this thread is about people who collect these cars, not drive them.

Have you bought a car from them Corbic? If not, your sensationalized opinion literally means nothing. If so, my apologies for your junkyard turtle waxed machine that you spent zero time inspecting before purchasing?

I don't know much about the company, but this thread alone is uninformed cancel culture at its finest haha. All i'm seeing so far is clueless buyers.

If you haven't bought a car from them and you're shitting on them based on the information in this thread, you're BORED. Come on guys.
You sound like you got a car from them lol.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:13 PM   #39
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
You sound like you got a car from them lol.
Exactly

Quote:

One review, sure. But dozens? Actual records matching cars they are selling and seeing the auction reports and pre-repair photos and salvage history in Japan?

I've been aware of thier issues for at least seven years now. I know a guy out of Texas that got a POS from them and another guy out Michigan with the same problem.

Quote:
I'm so sorry, it must be shocking that when someone spends $18,000 on a 4Runner or nearly $30k for a R33 and are told it's pristine that... Well it is pristine and not a rusted flood car with a Maco paint job.

Quote:
Have you bought a car from them Corbic?
No, because I've already heard the horror stories and don't need to be a victim to realize it sucks to be a victim.

Quote:
If not, your sensationalized opinion literally means nothing. If so, my apologies for your junkyard turtle waxed machine that you spent zero time inspecting before purchasing?
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth there. "they don't rip people off, but shame on you for not catching them before you got ripped off"

Quote:
Again, double speak.

If you don't know anything about them - how can you make an opinion about if my opinion is "sensationalized"?

How can you say anyone in here is uninformed if you don't know anything about JC and have never bought a car from them?

You literally have people who've bought cars from them, know people who've bought cars, run history reports, read horror stories and have also imported their own cars.

The only uninformed twat is you so far.

Additionally, your again saying "ohh they only rip off clueless people". Yeah, that's how rip offs work and the point of this thread is to help show the clueless what to look out for.

Sorry you paid $20k for a drift missile bruh.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:28 PM   #40
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
'Cancel Culture at its finest' is what gets me.

Here's how it looks:

1.) You are a customer of theirs
2.) You are friends of theirs
3.) You have not gone to the dude's IG and seen the posts

Could be one or all of those things. Again, read the dude's IG posts. He is getting the information from a myriad of sources. He has listed multiple cases and multiple probabilities: shitty inspectors in Japan, less-than-honest sellers in Japan, and even bad inspections altogether.

My personal favorite:

"Well bro, it's Japan lmaoooo."

Nah.

If you are in the business of importing cars, you are in the business of knowing shit about the auctions and the paperwork. The fact is that they are saying they can't possibly know the history when they are asked...and yes, dude...they have been asked according to most of the buyers. Due diligence means different things to different people (I guess), but these people are asking and being lied to.

Is it on them for still buying? Yes.
Is JC still lying to customers outright? Yes.

I don't like young, dumb kids either. It's ironic to think I'm in here defending them for being naive, but wrong is wrong no matter how fucking lame your 'prey' is.

I'll spell it out simple: these shitty sellers are taking advantage of young people AND blowing up the market for the rest of us.

Shit sells in Japan long enough, the price of shit will go up.
The price of shit goes up. the price of decent goes up.
The price of decent goes up, the price of super nice cars goes up.
...and then somewhere down the line you have R34 GTRs going for ludicrous prices and everything in between.

If this isn't a concern to anyone that's still fucking around with old Japanese cars, then I don't know what to say. This thread is to tell people to steer clear, get them in the correct mindset, and stop them from buying from cats like this.

Last edited by dizzariot; 04-19-2021 at 07:17 AM..
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:13 PM   #41
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Is it on them for still buying? Yes.
Is JC still lying to customers outright? Yes.
Good to know. If they're lying, that's definitely a problem. Should we all take your word for it? Do you know these "most buyers." Get them in here, let's hear their stories.

Corbic, you're all about extremes when you speak. It's either pristine or a piece of shit.

What the hell do you consider to just be....good? I'm failing to see where Japanese Classics advertises their business as a reseller of "extremely rare untouched OEM unicorn cars," and i'm curious why you're setting that bar for them?

I haven't purchased a car from them, and I haven't researched it as much as you have by the looks of it. I'm basing everything off this thread, like many other people will do. It's important to get some real information before everyone hops on the bandwagon you're trying to create through "stories." I think i've established that what makes a car nice is extremely subjective, and you seem to be at one extreme of that spectrum. Start posting some links to these horror stories, so we can come up with our own opinions on the matter.

Economix's review was beyond vague, so how many of the other stories you've heard are along the same vein?

Last edited by bigs; 04-19-2021 at 06:45 PM..
Old 04-19-2021, 07:54 PM   #42
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I haven't purchased a car from them, and I haven't researched it as much as you have by the looks of it.
Then who the fuck are you to question me?
Old 04-19-2021, 08:06 PM   #43
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Good to know. If they're lying, that's definitely a problem. Should we all take your word for it? Do you know these "most buyers." Get them in here, let's hear their stories.
?Hey bud, my names Dizzariot and I?m doing a piece for the Zilvia times. Would you be willing to come in for an interview about your Cressida??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:09 PM   #44
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
1.) Good to know. If they're lying, that's definitely a problem. Should we all take your word for it? Do you know these "most buyers." Get them in here, let's hear their stories.

Corbic, you're all about extremes when you speak. It's either pristine or a piece of shit.

What the hell do you consider to just be....good? 2.) I'm failing to see where Japanese Classics advertises their business as a reseller of "extremely rare untouched OEM unicorn cars," and i'm curious why you're setting that bar for them?

I haven't purchased a car from them, and I haven't researched it as much as you have by the looks of it. 3.) I'm basing everything off this thread, like many other people will do. It's important to get some real information before everyone hops on the bandwagon you're trying to create through "stories." I think i've established that what makes a car nice is extremely subjective, and you seem to be at one extreme of that spectrum. Start posting some links to these horror stories, so we can come up with our own opinions on the matter.

Economix's review was beyond vague, so how many of the other stories you've heard are along the same vein?

1.) ....dude I have state MULTIPLE TIMES that anyone here can go to the IG page to look up the stories. I'm not going to ask all these dudes to join Zilvia to post. Someone is clearly sharing their stories already.

2.) Go read their novel-length descriptions about each car, man. Tell me they aren't setting their own bar.

3.) To address everything else: please, if you want to actually judge the evidence brought against them, go look at the IG stories and see. You keeping saying this is a 'bandwagon' event or some 'storytime' I'm trying to hold for Zilvia. If you don't wanna look at the stories, then we shouldn't talk about it. It's like you missed the required reading for a class.

If you want to talk about subjective, what do you consider good business? A dealership selling a car and telling you there's rust, engine problems, and generally being 100% transparent is good business to me regardless if the questions are asked before all of that is disclosed. It's also why I've never had shit talked on me for anything I've sold here.

I'm all for playing devil's advocate, but are you really taking the stance that selling shitty cars for a premium is okay if the buyer doesn't ask questions? Or are you just trying to engage in conversation here?
Old 04-19-2021, 09:58 PM   #45
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Then who the fuck are you to question me?
LOL, you found the piece you liked, and completely ignored the rest. Andddd, any kind of conversation with you ends there. Enjoy staring at your pinch welds.

Quote:
the point of this thread is to help show the clueless what to look out for.
Make a thread about what people should look for when buying a used car then? Don't try to bring down a company with your impossible standards of what makes a car nice in the process. I think that's what you were calling "double speak."

I thought I was getting old...

Quote:
I'm all for playing devil's advocate, but are you really taking the stance that selling shitty cars for a premium is okay if the buyer doesn't ask questions? Or are you just trying to engage in conversation here?
Quit jumping to extremes. You're writing off their entire inventory as shitty cars. Have you ever been to a used car dealership? I feel like you're taking it personally, because it's a car you're passionate about.

I'd honestly be happy if both of you read what I said and didn't respond. I just want you to stop calling cars pieces of shit for no reason.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:09 PM   #46
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
LOL, you found the piece you liked, and completely ignored the rest. Andddd, any kind of conversation with you ends there. Enjoy staring at your pinch welds.

Make a thread about what people should look for when buying a used car then? Don't try to bring down a company with your impossible standards of what makes a car nice in the process. I think that's what you were calling "double speak."

I thought I was getting old...

Quit jumping to extremes. You're writing off their entire inventory as shitty cars. Have you ever been to a used car dealership? I feel like you're taking it personally, because it's a car you're passionate about.

I'd honestly be happy if both of you read what I said and didn't respond. I just want you to stop calling cars pieces of shit for no reason.
'My side' of the argument: Hey here's an IG with more than one story and varying types of chassis, this might be worth noting as a warning to potential buyers."

'bigs side' of the argument: I've read none of these stories and I'd prefer if you did not try to engage me about my opinions...in the chat section...on Zilvia.

This: Dude the older I get, yes...I am more concerned about the general state of the 'chassis community' I am a part of. I also get more and more fed up with shitty people that have proliferated when they should have never been allowed to get to where they are now. Alas, and for the thousandth time, he is not just posting about SChassis cars.

Corbic is going harder in the paint than I am, but if you're really so flustered you don't want to discuss (or even look the evidence up) then maybe posting here isn't the best move.

For the record, no one here should take this thread as the sole point of information. I listed the source, and his sources are direct customers. I'm not going to annotate every case, but the guy that runs that page is not doggedly going after just Japanese Classics because he gets stories from other sources as well. He is (was, after being threatened) trying to list all possibilities. In the case of JC, the customers confronting them are lied to and blocked even when asking simple questions.

You know, stuff you would know if you looked into it before posting here. kind of like how I did for a week before making a post about it.

Make up your own mind, please.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:48 AM   #47
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Why are you so eager to accept mediocrity? When you go to Apple Bees and they forget the fries do you just shrug and go "well, it's Apple Bees, should have known better"?.

Quote:
Make a thread about what people should look for when buying a used car then?
I already posted two excellent videos by Tony showing how to review a classic car and red flag warnings.

Red flags on JDM cars is body kits, new paint, damaged dashes (dash covers) and piss poor fitment wheels.

Quote:
Don't try to bring down a company with your impossible standards of what makes a car nice in the process. I think that's what you were calling "double speak."
Didn't realize honesty was an impossible standard. Why are you shilling for a company you admit you've never worked with, have no experience with and have never researched?

Quote:
Have you ever been to a used car dealer? Have you ever realized some dealers are absolute scum and should not be trusted even if they have a good car once and a while?

This is nothing new. Every town has that one dealer you avoid. It's not just they flip the worst cars but also because they have awful customer service. In this very thread the dude said they shrugged and said "well Virginia police inspected it, not our problem" - which is horse shit.

Within the classic car community we have Gateway Classic Cars who is king of flipping garbage at extreme prices. They always fall back on either the car being a consignment or "old restoration". Garbage being spray can rebuilds, bondo specials and barely functioning being excused by "hot cam" and crap.

Quote:
Again, you admit to having no experience, no research. How can you possibly say that? I'm just calling a spade a spade.

I can sit there and go over each of their cars pointing out all sorts of concerns. They are known to other importers as a joke and a scam.

Stop white knighting for those clowns.

https://youtu.be/g5_pNlBP0ys
Old 04-20-2021, 10:56 AM   #48
RDOG

Trader Rating: (1)
RDOG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My own experience with Japanese Classics is that they do not answer questions in writing and ignore requests for hi-res photos. Happened to me twice now with them - last month and a number of years ago. So they have been consistent with me (consistently poor)! Both times I walked away. On the recent attempt, I sent a follow-up email requesting some additional info/pics immediately after talking to Ian on the phone, and received no reply.
RDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:20 PM   #49
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i didnt notice if it was mentioned skimming thru a lot of these posts... but did ownership of the company change hands? i remember that back in the day, Japanese Classics were held pretty high in regards to the quality of cars they imported. The original owner was a dude by the name of Chris. Hell, I even did some shirts for them ages ago. Im guessing a lot of these issues have arisen in the last 2-3 years? Or has this all been going on much longer?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #50
inferno s14
Zilvia Junkie

inferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
a bunch of men bitching about the conditions of a 25-30 year old car.
a cheap one at that, a japanese cheap one to add.
let me also add it wasn't even a premium car it was a silvia. smh.

i love the car, rusted, beat up, 3 colors one headlight and i will pay premium price.
i know im stupid and could do so much more with my money but i choose not to. in fact i want another one. i made piece with being dumb, but im not gonna beat myself up asking why im paying som much for piece of shit lol
inferno s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #51
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno s14 View Post
a bunch of men bitching about the conditions of a 25-30 year old car.
a cheap one at that, a japanese cheap one to add.
let me also add it wasn't even a premium car it was a silvia. smh.

i love the car, rusted, beat up, 3 colors one headlight and i will pay premium price.
i know im stupid and could do so much more with my money but i choose not to. in fact i want another one. i made piece with being dumb, but im not gonna beat myself up asking why im paying som much for piece of shit lol
Hi

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/

Your attitude is why this community sucks so bad sometimes.

Rather then valuing things you continue to see them as "30 year old junk cheap throw away cars".
Old 04-20-2021, 01:13 PM   #52
bluecoupe
Leaky Injector

bluecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I can tell you that I have bought a swap from a car bought from these guys and the engine needed a complete rebuild but alot of these old engines need them anyway.i expected to build anyway but also had to go +1 mm on piston size due to rust on cylinder wall no.3. Engine was a ca18det in a orange rhd silvia.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
bluecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:25 PM   #53
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i didnt notice if it was mentioned skimming thru a lot of these posts... but did ownership of the company change hands? i remember that back in the day, Japanese Classics were held pretty high in regards to the quality of cars they imported. The original owner was a dude by the name of Chris. Hell, I even did some shirts for them ages ago. Im guessing a lot of these issues have arisen in the last 2-3 years? Or has this all been going on much longer?
I don't know for sure. A friend of mine (a Zilvia user, too) used to know the guy that managed JC. He said the character of the owner was less-than-honest, to put it nicely...

I'd also like to say I love how one of the consistent points of this argument is (lmao old car r old bruh' like none of us are fucking aware.

If anyone is starting their 'defense' with that, I'm not reading it. Set your standards higher.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:06 PM   #54
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don't know for sure. A friend of mine (a Zilvia user, too) used to know the guy that managed JC. He said the character of the owner was less-than-honest, to put it nicely...

I'd also like to say I love how one of the consistent points of this argument is (lmao old car r old bruh' like none of us are fucking aware.

If anyone is starting their 'defense' with that, I'm not reading it. Set your standards higher.
Yup

Old POS GTR and Supra - lolz

https://youtu.be/-oUC6scUutc

https://youtu.be/-i7x0ZuSbdQ
Old 04-20-2021, 10:06 PM   #55
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDOG View Post
My own experience with Japanese Classics is that they do not answer questions in writing and ignore requests for hi-res photos. Happened to me twice now with them - last month and a number of years ago. So they have been consistent with me (consistently poor)! Both times I walked away. On the recent attempt, I sent a follow-up email requesting some additional info/pics immediately after talking to Ian on the phone, and received no reply.
Good information, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
'
This: Dude the older I get, yes...I am more concerned about the general state of the 'chassis community' I am a part of. I also get more and more fed up with shitty people that have proliferated when they should have never been allowed to get to where they are now. Alas, and for the thousandth time, he is not just posting about SChassis cars.

For the record, no one here should take this thread as the sole point of information. I listed the source, and his sources are direct customers. I'm not going to annotate every case, but the guy that runs that page is not doggedly going after just Japanese Classics because he gets stories from other sources as well. He is (was, after being threatened) trying to list all possibilities. In the case of JC, the customers confronting them are lied to and blocked even when asking simple questions.
Thank you for actually responding to what I said. Respect, and good points.

Quote:
Why are you so eager to accept mediocrity?
Done talking to you I think. It's like talking to a brick wall that was built with the finest concrete available.

You're a collector, and you're failing to realize that these cars are great machines for certain motorsports that people enjoy. You need to realize that people actually DRIVE these cars. In your mind - Anyone that takes their car to a track or does ANY modification is turning it into a piece of shit, when in reality they're bettering their driving skill and enjoying their car. You're so detached from the reality of driving and enjoying the car you own. You need to realize that some people enjoy operating their machine as much as they enjoy looking at perfect pinch welds. The fact that it happens to be an old car that is going up in value doesn't erase the enjoyment people get from using them. OPEN YOUR MIND MAN. Most people would be stoked to own Economix's "piece of shit" because they could fix it in a weekend, and enjoy the car. The alternative is looking at their bent exhaust and worn subframe bushings and kicking rocks at their ruined car.

I realize you're going to glance over everything I just said to find a section that has nothing to do with what I'm saying, so don't bother responding unless you're going to entertain the fact that you're completely ignoring the fact that not everyone buying these cars is a collector...and JC is not advertising them as collector cars. You're sensationalizing things man, recognize it and deal with it.

I'm not advocating for JC, just trying to get some actual facts going if people are going to start a thread like this. Tired of people blindly taking people's words as absolute truth when there is zero context for some of these accusations. I'd be right along side you guys, but this thread is no grounds to come anywhere near a conclusion.

Last edited by bigs; 04-20-2021 at 10:55 PM..
Old 04-23-2021, 06:24 AM   #56
economix
Zilvia Member

As typical, you guys turned a decent thread into bickering trash. Don't reference me in your comments please, keep me out of your pissing contest.

I was here to simply provide feedback about my experience, which I can say is clearly more than what most of you offered having none yourself with JC and just spewing hearse or IG post relays. I did not provide my feedback to be ridiculed or judged by a bunch of wanna be better than you super purists. You guys continue to make Zilvia a place I choose not to visit anymore because a simply discussion turns into this sorta shit. Maybe stay on topic? Maybe don't dig at each other? IDK, but as usual, this went to shit fast.

You're welcome to reply and talk more shit, just know I won't. You've made it clear there's no real value in your discussions and therefore you have no power or value to me or anyone else reading to this point. Enjoy your circle jerking.
Old 04-23-2021, 06:35 AM   #57
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:

Thank you for actually responding to what I said. Respect, and good points.

You're a collector, and you're failing to realize that these cars are great machines for certain motorsports that people enjoy. You need to realize that people actually DRIVE these cars. In your mind - Anyone that takes their car to a track or does ANY modification is turning it into a piece of shit, when in reality they're bettering their driving skill and enjoying their car. You're so detached from the reality of driving and enjoying the car you own. You need to realize that some people enjoy operating their machine as much as they enjoy looking at perfect pinch welds. The fact that it happens to be an old car that is going up in value doesn't erase the enjoyment people get from using them. OPEN YOUR MIND MAN. Most people would be stoked to own Economix's "piece of shit" because they could fix it in a weekend, and enjoy the car. The alternative is looking at their bent exhaust and worn subframe bushings and kicking rocks at their ruined car.

I realize you're going to glance over everything I just said to find a section that has nothing to do with what I'm saying, so don't bother responding unless you're going to entertain the fact that you're completely ignoring the fact that not everyone buying these cars is a collector...and JC is not advertising them as collector cars. You're sensationalizing things man, recognize it and deal with it.

I'm not advocating for JC, just trying to get some actual facts going if people are going to start a thread like this. Tired of people blindly taking people's words as absolute truth when there is zero context for some of these accusations. I'd be right along side you guys, but this thread is no grounds to come anywhere near a conclusion.
One thing I'd like to point out: no one is bashing anyone for buying a track car. Now we're arguing what sort of condition JC in particular seems to be advertising. Brother, they are not advertising cars as-is.

Dude you thanked me for responding to you, now can you please look at the evidence on IG? I really think that with ALL the points you're brining up, you haven't looked anything up...and you wouldn't be disagreeing so much if you saw some of this stuff. You also don't address whether you have or not. Again, it's required reading for this thread...and once more it is not just SChassics cars. Hell, there's a story about a Landcruiser that should clear things up.

EDIT:

Fuck it. I'll show you:

EDIT EDIT:

Here's the actual description from a 180SX in question. You can look up the bullshit on this one, too. Please note the constant reiteration that the car is all original for being 28yrs old, and the plausible deniability that they miraculously did not know the mileage as it was listed at the auction.

There's no arguing that Nissan's S chassis is one of the most versatile platforms out there. This also explains why we get requests every day for them. With its lightweight body and potent turbocharged two-liter engine, it makes for a killer combination. We try to bring in a wide variety, from bone stock to over the top. Our most recent '93 one happens to fall a bit closer to the stock than not category. For instance, the exterior has been kept pretty much all OEM since these have such an iconic look, to begin with. Super Black (KH3) is always a classic choice and looks great. Overall the paint is in good shape with only your typical little blemishes that anything 28 years old is bound to amass. The same can be said about the bodywork though you're always going to find some small door dings and things of the sort. The previous owner did swap out the wheels for something a bit more exciting than the ones Nissan opted for. A set of 17" split-spoke wheels wrapped in fresh rubber gives it a bit more aggressive tone without getting too crazy.

Much like the bodywork, the interior has been kept largely all stock. Overall it has been kept up with well, however, there are a few typical flaws that you would expect to find in a 28-year-old car. The dash for instance does have the typical S-chassis cracks hence the dash mat. The driver's seat has been upgraded to a far more supportive Bride Brix that still retains the adjustability of the stock one so you can still find a comfortable driving position. The passenger seat has also been upgraded to a more supportive S14 seat which looks right at home. Both seats are stain free which is nice, however, the driver's seat does suffer from the typical bolster breakdown from getting in and out. The back seats look great which is typical since most don't want to cram back there in the first place. The 3 spoke Nardi wheel with matching Lonza shift knob are is a nice touch that really does look right at home in these. Otherwise, the rest of the stock interior has all of the basic amenities of the time. Power windows, power mirrors, automatic climate control, and all present and functioning as you'd expect.

Pop the hood and you'll find the iconic redtop SR20DET. The Aluminum 2.0 liter has become an icon, and not only in the S Chassis world. Unlike all of the USDM models that have to undergo a transplant, the JDM spec vehicles came from the factory with the proper motor choice. There's no wonder why the larger KA is routinely ditched in favor of this lightweight powerhouse. With a quick turn of the key, the four-cylinder jumps to life and is surprisingly quiet through the stock exhaust. The turbo spools quickly and has no trouble pulling to that 7.5K redline without thinking twice. The 5-speed shifts with ease and the clutch is very forgiving for those inevitable traffic jams you'll run into on your way to work. The stock gearbox is nicely gated and provides a very crisp engagement. The stock suspension has no issue with handling all those "well-maintained" taxpayer roads. Of course, since the S13 was sold here stateside there's no shortage of available options if you want to put on a good set of coilovers and dial the car down a bit. While the mileage on the cluster reads 146K miles that mileage was not verified which leads us to believe the cluster was swapped at some point in time. Based on how strong the motor feels and the overall condition the mileage is of little concern in our book. All of the routine service work has been performed to make sure the car is running in tip-top shape. We replaced the front main seal along with the serpentine belts and water pump while in there. We also replaced the front right lower control arm as well just for good measure. Nissan hit a home run with this platform and consequently built it for nearly a decade. With easy-to-find parts and wide aftermarket support, this Nissan would be an ideal daily driver or a new project to wrench on. Its lines have never gone out of style, the motor has become a legend, and the drive backs it all up; the S13 truly has stood the test of time as a proper Japanese Classic.

bigs, dude, I'm sorry man. If you can ignore this shit after this post, then we gotta agree to disagree. We don't have to hate each other, but I really think you telling me I'm 'sensationalizing' this shit with 'zero context' is uncalled for. If you are gonna refute the shit I just posted, then I don't have much else to say to you.

Quote:
As typical, you guys turned a decent thread into bickering trash. Don't reference me in your comments please, keep me out of your pissing contest.

I was here to simply provide feedback about my experience, which I can say is clearly more than what most of you offered having none yourself with JC and just spewing hearse or IG post relays. I did not provide my feedback to be ridiculed or judged by a bunch of wanna be better than you super purists. You guys continue to make Zilvia a place I choose not to visit anymore because a simply discussion turns into this sorta shit. Maybe stay on topic? Maybe don't dig at each other? IDK, but as usual, this went to shit fast.

You're welcome to reply and talk more shit, just know I won't. You've made it clear there's no real value in your discussions and therefore you have no power or value to me or anyone else reading to this point. Enjoy your circle jerking.
Dude...you have been referenced. If you are talking to me, please see my other thread about OEM+ cars. If you are talking to Corbic, he is one user commenting here and if you're too frail to continue a discussion when ONE person is mean to you, then please, enjoy the Facebook Groups. Most of the other users generally agree that these importers are selling snake oil.

EDIT:

To make my stance abundantly clear, thank you for sharing your post. I am not turning my nose up at you, if you're happy I don't care, man...really.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #58
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
One thing I'd like to point out: no one is bashing anyone for buying a track car. Now we're arguing what sort of condition JC in particular seems to be advertising. Brother, they are not advertising cars as-is.

bigs, dude, I'm sorry man. If you can ignore this shit after this post, then we gotta agree to disagree. We don't have to hate each other, but I really think you telling me I'm 'sensationalizing' this shit with 'zero context' is uncalled for. If you are gonna refute the shit I just posted, then I don't have much else to say to you.

Dude...you have been referenced. If you are talking to me, please see my other thread about OEM+ cars. If you are talking to Corbic, he is one user commenting here and if you're too frail to continue a discussion when ONE person is mean to you, then please, enjoy the Facebook Groups. Most of the other users generally agree that these importers are selling snake oil.

EDIT:

To make my stance abundantly clear, thank you for sharing your post. I am not turning my nose up at you, if you're happy I don't care, man...really.
Exactly.

Not sure why people are getting so defensive. Biggs needs to get out his notepad and go do some research to find out what's up. Nobody is being "sensational". These are real problems with big financial impacts for the kids and an over abundance of caution is always a good thing.

No Idea what the S14 kid is crying about. Nobody's attacked him, but just highlighted how JC did him dirty.

That might be part of the problem here, people lack some of that base line experience so they have incredibly low expectations.

$25k for an imported car is a lot of money and should be buying you a premium, outstanding condition car. Period.

We got two sellers out there.

One selling a mint car for $25k and making $800 profit.

The other is selling a salvage car for $25k and making $15,000 profit.

Regardless of your intentions - drift missile, daily, humidity control museum piece - don't get take and pay accordingly.

If you just want a missile project, several guys can help get you one at $8-11k, same car other companies would try and sell for $22k.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:46 AM   #59
Corbic
Post Whore!

https://youtu.be/dvWI0fXX8Co
Old 04-23-2021, 12:13 PM   #60
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
If you are talking to Corbic, he is one user commenting here and if you're too frail to continue a discussion when ONE person is mean to you, then please, enjoy the Facebook Groups. Most of the other users generally agree that these importers are selling snake oil.
This is the type of tone he is referencing. He clearly articulated his thoughts and he is called frail in response. This is a reflection on you, not him. You likely don't realize you're doing it, but many people here are so focused on maintaining the hard-nosed Zilvia reputation that it discourages people from commenting. There is a reason you see the same 5 people commenting on every thread.