Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-27-2021, 08:52 AM   #61
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
\ Everything is just a shitpost that hangs around for a day until it's burried by Facebook's non-linear ad-optimizing fuckhole of an algorithm.
Big this. I see something I like while scrolling (on one of the 42069 240sx groups I'm in) and then FB decides to refresh and it's gone forever, save for a painstaking search of the groups or via keywords.

Which also leads me to hating the fact that you can't efficiently search marketplace nationwide. If I need a turbo (or anything easily shippable) I have to maximize my radius (100 miles) then search from city to city. Luckily I'm good with geography and can get the whole country covered in a few minutes but fuck. Used to be a quick scroll through the FS section.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2021, 09:08 AM   #62
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Nobody denies facebook has its advantages, and im sure we all take advantage of them.

Forums are for the nerds. Whether or not you've lurked or posted for years, you're a nerd for hanging out here.

Also, to the dude on my facebook post about zilvia being back up saying "good, the mods on that site are dicks anyways" (Or something like that)

You're a pussy, and your bloodline is weak.
Hitting them right in the feels.

FB Groups will yield you a result fast but that result isn't always accurate or factual - it could be what Joe Dicktoucher and Frank Bananahanger down the street said and it's totally opinionated. Forums like this may not be as poppin' as the hip craft breweries you and the chaps like to kick back and sip your triple coffee black stout at but more times than none, the answer you get here is fact. If it isn't, you will get insanely destroyed by myself or some other person who has no life and trolls here just to get their life frustrations out on.

Marketplace is the same idea. You can find what you're looking for but the dickhead selling it is usually extremely sketch and the shit is most likely stolen unless you know the person or do some research.

I love using FB for specific things but to find advice, data, technical information, or quality/not fucked up parts is usually not it.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:50 AM   #63
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Exactly, we maybe a niche audience but Zilvia is one of the few remaining places to care to that audience. I mean heck we are willing to buy and pay for these places out of our own pockets just to keep it around.

The facebook groups to me are places where you can post a video of an engine clearly knocking and people will tell you it is VTC rattle.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #64
WOOTEN
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
WOOTEN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
The facebook groups to me are places where you can post a video of an engine clearly knocking and people will tell you it is VTC rattle.
There is so much fucking truth in this statement.... bahahahaha
WOOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #65
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Exactly, we maybe a niche audience but Zilvia is one of the few remaining places to cater* to that audience. I mean heck we are willing to buy and pay for these places out of our own pockets just to keep it around.
Shit, that's me. I'll sacrifice a burritos worth of money a week to pay for this place to continue on in all its glory.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:33 PM   #66
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Shit, that's me. I'll sacrifice a burritos worth of money a week to pay for this place to continue on in all its glory.
I don't know who 'owns' Zilvia but I'm sure whatever twat that does is probably friends with all you small-wheel fanboiz like Dorki and Corbic and he/she/it/them/whatever wants all sorts of stupid money for it.

Just let me take the reigns and we can all ride this bitch down to the burning gates of Valhalla with glory.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:00 PM   #67
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Hitting them right in the feels.

FB Groups will yield you a result fast but that result isn't always accurate or factual - it could be what Joe Dicktoucher and Frank Bananahanger down the street said and it's totally opinionated. Forums like this may not be as poppin' as the hip craft breweries you and the chaps like to kick back and sip your triple coffee black stout at but more times than none, the answer you get here is fact. If it isn't, you will get insanely destroyed by myself or some other person who has no life and trolls here just to get their life frustrations out on.

Marketplace is the same idea. You can find what you're looking for but the dickhead selling it is usually extremely sketch and the shit is most likely stolen unless you know the person or do some research.

I love using FB for specific things but to find advice, data, technical information, or quality/not fucked up parts is usually not it.
This is all real.... So good... FB Zilvia 2.0 doesn't get a lot of posts either. I almost see more traction on zilvia.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:19 PM   #68
Alex Mcknz

Alex Mcknz is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad that it's back, the website has been down for days or probably a week.
Alex Mcknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:28 PM   #69
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
The site will never go down. Don't worry, I will always be on it and still build the site since your all the coolest people on the net.
Well, this age liked milk.

Jk, I honestly appreciate everything he has done. What I really love is that I can speak freely without catching some arbitrary 7 day ban for saying a no no word. Fuck shit penis Zuck sucks he can eat shit

Okay, got that out of my system. Sorry.

Anyhoo, I grew up on this site and it's provided me with so many friends and opportunities. Made some great friends on here and yeah, idk where i'd be without Zilvia. It more or less hanging in limbo weighs heavily on my heart, and I know i'm not alone.

Is there any way I can get WeST info and/or home address so I can literally fly to Colorado or wherever he lives now and get this figured out? Lol. Dead serious. We need to get this site situation sorted. Either a transfer of ownership, or some sort of adjustment to the current state of affairs.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:05 PM   #70
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I migrated nissanroadracing.com to vb cloud servers so I never had to deal with server outage bs again.

Mostly a dead forum at this point but at least the info isn't lost, and I don't have to worry about it going down.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:52 AM   #71
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Last Activity: 03-13-2021 12:36 PM

This should be telling. He's just not as mentally invested in this as we are. I'm actually surprised he's still paying to host the site. Maybe some of us members that have been around for some time should meet up and jump his ass for the log-in information [or offer him $x.xx to take it over]. Eventually, the website and forum will die - there is nothing we can do to avoid that - but we can certainly give it a few bumps of Narcan for now.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:00 AM   #72
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
it sucks how much traffic died once the site started crashing. Used to be 100-150 posts a day, now were down to like 30.

Maybe its time to bring back the grumpy old assholes thread.

Social media gives instant gratification. Forums don't. Thats why people don't like them.

Also, the dude on 240sxownersclub yesterday with the stupid space carpet, fuck that thing it looks like trash. Asks for opinions then acts like an asshole when you don't like his carpet.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #73
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Also, the dude on 240sxownersclub yesterday with the stupid space carpet, fuck that thing it looks like trash. Asks for opinions then acts like an asshole when you don't like his carpet.
How did I miss this?! please tell me its the same one getting posted by schassisloyalty with that deathtrap of a not-really-a-cage-called-a-cage thats been installed.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #74
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
it sucks how much traffic died once the site started crashing. Used to be 100-150 posts a day, now were down to like 30.

Maybe its time to bring back the grumpy old assholes thread.

Social media gives instant gratification. Forums don't. Thats why people don't like them.

If we can get it from West I have a whole plan for this. No reason why there should not be an official zilvia twitter, facebook (not 2.0) and insta page.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:22 PM   #75
Chaws15
Zilvia Junkie

Chaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfection
Remember when we made paper calendars?

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMN
Chaws15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:53 PM   #76
240meowth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all240meowth is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240meowth
hi, new here. why is zilvia always down.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:26 PM   #77
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
^^ because of empty promises and broken dreams....

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:19 PM   #78
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
someone needs to get dousan back on here so he can teach the young ones his ways and then we can bicker and he can see i've changed
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:12 AM   #79
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
If we can get it from West I have a whole plan for this. No reason why there should not be an official zilvia twitter, facebook (not 2.0) and insta page.
You can do all sorts of shit. Set up a Google Docs server where all the manuals and documents are backed up and easily accessed, IG where you can post pictures of half-nude women in front of cars so you get a lot of likes and monetization, a FB where you can do something similar, a Discord so everyone who wants to shit talk can do it in a 'chat' style, etc. I have ideas and shit. Pick me for President or some high-ranking title where people fear me but I don't really have to do anything.
Old 10-31-2021, 11:11 AM   #80
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
IG where you can post pictures of half-nude women in front of cars so you get a lot of likes and monetization
Imagine, Zilvia IG page much wow
Old 10-31-2021, 08:09 PM   #81
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Imagine, Zilvia IG page much wow

This shit may even exist but because the forums are run like dog shit, I would assume all over forms of social media platforms would fall victim to the same management - this is why I don't feel the need to follow any of that. If it does exist, I'm sure it sucks because I don't run it.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:27 PM   #82
Bernie (NoVA)
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (363)
Bernie (NoVA) will become famous soon enoughBernie (NoVA) will become famous soon enoughBernie (NoVA) will become famous soon enoughBernie (NoVA) will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 363 reviews
FB is goldfish swimming in circles, it's a impossible to find anything you care about or saw 10 minutes ago. The tech support is dubious, the facts aren't, and it doesn't matter because it is lost on the next refresh.

I'm willing to contribute to paying for hosting, vb updates etc.
Bernie (NoVA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:06 AM   #83
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Maybe I'll just steal the owners laptop and shit like that Biden son or Hilary's assistant. Them Dem's, man.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #84
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie (NoVA) View Post
FB is goldfish swimming in circles, it's a impossible to find anything you care about or saw 10 minutes ago. The tech support is dubious, the facts aren't, and it doesn't matter because it is lost on the next refresh.

I'm willing to contribute to paying for hosting, vb updates etc.
Money is not the issue. We have quite a few people lined up.

It is contact. West is just MIA. The server is with him. We are concerned one day he just gone take it off line.

I hope some of my more tach savy users could back up the site somehow in case that happens.

If we can every get the site from him we will migrate it to amazon or google servers and update it to a new form of VB. A whole list of things "to do".
Old 11-01-2021, 01:02 PM   #85
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Money is not the issue. We have quite a few people lined up.

It is contact. West is just MIA. The server is with him. We are concerned one day he just gone take it off line.

I hope some of my more tach savy users could back up the site somehow in case that happens.

If we can every get the site from him we will migrate it to amazon or google servers and update it to a new form of VB. A whole list of things "to do".
Is no one on this forum friends with him in real life? Do we not know his location? Why hold something close to the hip if you're going to say fuck it and let it crash. I'm sure this forum isn't generating enough money for him to use it as an income source. Boggles my mind.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:37 PM   #86
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Maybe he's receiving all of the cries for a response and is laughing at our fear.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:32 PM   #87
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Or maybe he's now a Mexican drug mule shoving small balloons of meth inside a PEZ dispenser in his ass to help hide it from the x-ray screens.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:40 PM   #88
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That is... less likely.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:02 PM   #89
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

But not out of the realm of possibility.
Old 11-02-2021, 07:32 PM   #90
lok
Zilvia Addict

lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
But not out of the realm of possibility.
Let's be honest.

It's entirely possible
lok is offline   Reply With Quote