Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-03-2021, 07:54 AM   #91
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Alternatively, he's going to let it crash and then offer it up for sale for a marked up price.

West, if you're reading this and use this idea, you owe me.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #92
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Alternatively, he's going to let it crash and then offer it up for sale for a marked up price.

West, if you're reading this and use this idea, you owe me.
He's had opportunities to do that about 10 times this year alone. Bad take.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 03:41 PM   #93
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Holey outage Batman!!!

What was that 4 months?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #94
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
LOL I am thinking zilvia is going to be like a clapped out s13 on the side of the road...

All fucked up, but drift tax like $50k LOL
Old 03-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #95
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Not really loving the cynicism, guys.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:28 PM   #96
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Not really loving the cynicism, guys.
I?m not being cynical. I?m actually quite relieved the site is back up. I will not give up hope that a group of us can buy it one day
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:45 PM   #97
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I?m not being cynical. I?m actually quite relieved the site is back up. I will not give up hope that a group of us can buy it one day
I'm ready if that day comes.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:25 PM   #98
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
So excited to be backkkkkk
Old 03-22-2022, 09:05 PM   #99
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I wasn't referring to you, amigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
I'm ready if that day comes.
Many folks are, and I'm extremely grateful.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:29 AM   #100
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Highlight of my week, hands down. Didn't realize how much I missed this place until it was gone.
Old 03-23-2022, 06:36 AM   #101
Bernie (NoVA)
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (363)
Bernie (NoVA) will become famous soon enoughBernie (NoVA) will become famous soon enoughBernie (NoVA) will become famous soon enoughBernie (NoVA) will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 363 reviews
Gentlemen, it's good to be here.
Bernie (NoVA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:05 AM   #102
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So I'm one sentimental, emotional ass MOFO.

Really glad to see this back up.

For the love of all that is holy, someone please buy this before that VS bullshit.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:45 AM   #103
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
fb groups will never replace this site, please never go away. the knowledge found here is invaluable
Old 03-23-2022, 08:11 AM   #104
biasword

Trader Rating: (0)
biasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so admittedly, ive not read through the rest of the thread, and i mean this with no offense, but what is stopping us from moving to a more stable solution? zilvia already has a back up proxy for historical information - if the admins arent willing to support ziliva, i understand that, but there is value in a stable platform for the community.
biasword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:33 AM   #105
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by biasword View Post
so admittedly, ive not read through the rest of the thread...
You should though..it'll answer your questions.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:30 AM   #106
biasword

biasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
You should though..it'll answer your questions.
ok so i read through the thread, and didn't answer any of my questions. my question was whats stopping us from creating a new forum, and relying on the backup of zilvia for historical posts. i understand that its less than ideal, but still seems more of a solution than 4 month downtimes, without the promise of a return.

everything in this thread has been about the unresponsiveness of the domain owner.

what i am suggesting is creating a new forum entirely. it seems that there are people here willing to contribute money and time to run it. also seems to be a few (myself included) IT folk here that see how easy of a solution this would otherwise be.

just a thought. i, like many here, have been on zilvia for +15 years or something crazy. the community relies too heavily on a platform as unstable as zilvia has become - and i think WE (as a community) are starting to realize that.

I mean where else am i going to be able to improperly diagnose my knocking for VCT noise?
Old 03-23-2022, 10:38 AM   #107
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
ok so i read ... creating a new forum, and relying on the backup of zilvia for historical posts.

what i am suggesting is creating a new forum entirely. it seems that there are people here willing to contribute money and time

j

I mean where else am i going to be able to improperly diagnose my knocking for VCT noise?
New forums were created.

There is another forum called 240sxforums.com which has been around forever. No one really wants to go there, sadly.

Legit zilvia is what we want. That's it.

Anyone know when Zilvia was originally published?
240sxforums?

edit:
From this site

https://www.whois.com/whois/240sxforums.com

Zilvia was originally published 08/08/2000
240sxforums 04/02/2002
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:15 AM   #108
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
New forums were created.

There is another forum called 240sxforums.com which has been around forever. No one really wants to go there, sadly.

240sxforums?

edit:
From this site

240sxforums 04/02/2002
So in the early days of Zilvia, when men had balls and not purses, bashing ran rampant. Those that couldn?t take it made other avenues as solutions. Ok, maybe it wasn?t that bad, but Zilvia was different back then and we have been civilized a bit more since those days.

The only other site I value is NRR, which has been taken over and is atleast accessible. Unfortunately, a lot of the old heads (and brains) no longer frequent that site or even own an S-chassis.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:40 AM   #109
biasword

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
New forums were created.

240sxforums?

edit:
From this site

240sxforums 04/02/2002

Yeah, i understand this. I know NICO, SR20Forum, etc all have been more or less abandoned, i guess my point is - getting cooperation from the domain owner seems fruitless, so what options are there?
Old 03-23-2022, 12:45 PM   #110
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
I see a future where this board is thriving again. Glad its back, my lunch time browsing was severely affected by this outage.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:13 PM   #111
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
I mean, it kinda matches the dates and all
Old 03-23-2022, 03:54 PM   #112
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feito that image is amazing hahaha
Old 03-23-2022, 04:18 PM   #113
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
ok so i read through the thread, and didn't answer any of my questions.
Nice to see Florida hasn?t changed in the last 4 months. Just like the good ol days.
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:45 PM   #114
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
hi, which engine is better?

jk, glad the site is back
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:11 PM   #115
biasword

Quote:
Originally Posted by xschylerx View Post
Nice to see Florida hasn?t changed in the last 4 months. Just like the good ol days.
literally the rest of my post that you either chose not to include in your quote, or chose to ignore, explains what the topics of conversation have been and again my questions which have not be explained.

im willing to admit that maybe i missed something, but this post was hardly useful lol.

so again, i ask....

my question was whats stopping us from creating a new forum, and relying on the backup of zilvia for historical posts. i understand that its less than ideal, but still seems more of a solution than 4 month downtimes, without the promise of a return.

everything in this thread has been about the unresponsiveness of the domain owner.

what i am suggesting is creating a new forum entirely. it seems that there are people here willing to contribute money and time to run it. also seems to be a few (myself included) IT folk here that see how easy of a solution this would otherwise be.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #116
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think at that point, why bother, when we could all join another existing forum that has archived data the same way zilvia does? Just to say we did something important?
Old 03-24-2022, 12:34 PM   #117
biasword

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I think at that point, why bother, when we could all join another existing forum that has archived data the same way zilvia does? Just to say we did something important?
yeah i can see that. i think the issue is there currently isnt any real viable forum still running. Perhaps, like someone else mentioned in this thread, forums as a medium are just antiquated.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:42 PM   #118
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Ultimately the issue is when you have 5 different guys saying "I will archive zilvia and stick it on a new server" getting every former zilvia user to agree on which new server to go to all at the same time.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:11 PM   #119
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
literally the rest of my post that you either chose not to include in your quote, or chose to ignore, explains what the topics of conversation have been and again my questions which have not be explained.
You see Florida man, you have this thing where you like to make REALLY long posts. My attention span is short, Not reading all that. Plus I?m not about to muck up this thread with the same bullshit over and over again.
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:27 PM   #120
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
yeah i can see that. i think the issue is there currently isnt any real viable forum still running. Perhaps, like someone else mentioned in this thread, forums as a medium are just antiquated.
S2ki, Bimmerforums, R3vlimited, EvolutionM, NASIOC, Honda-Tech, TheSamba, Pelican, Early911SRegistry, Porsche356Registry, ABCGT.com, The HAMB, Pistonheads.com... all viable forums that have absolute truckloads of information.

The fact remains and will continue to remain that forums are the most reliable depositories of automotive information in the world. You have literally millions of people who have posted in the past two decades about their problems, their fixes, and their innovations. It's not real-time and you have to hone your search-fu, but if you have a problem that doesn't have an answer, you have a problem.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote